Canadian Events Canada, eh?

Package Held at Canada Customs!

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2015, 04:02 PM
SpartaGus
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Package Held at Canada Customs!

Ordered a exhaust plate and a couple of emblems. Package left LA airport on Febuary 3rd. Tracking the shipment, there hasn't been any movement since then. Called Canada post, told me Canada customs in Vancouver has had the package since Febuary 8th and they don't have anymore information on when it will be released.

Anyone else have this problem with Canada customs?

I order merchandise from the states all the time! Never had a problem like this!
Old 03-01-2015, 04:41 PM
Dodosmike
Le Mans Master

Received 225 Likes on 165 Posts

I've sent used parts to the USA via Canada post and USPS, had a few things stored for awhile by customs, but it was the us side.

Never issues with fedex or any couriers.

Any way to contact the customs office and see what the hold up is?

Dodosmike
Old 03-01-2015, 05:59 PM
SpartaGus
Racer

Originally Posted by Dodosmike
I've sent used parts to the USA via Canada post and USPS, had a few things stored for awhile by customs, but it was the us side.

Never issues with fedex or any couriers.

Any way to contact the customs office and see what the hold up is?

Dodosmike

Lol. I will have a better chance at getting a hold of Stephen Harper than someone at the customs office! When you call inquiring about held mail, they tell you to contact Canada post. Canada post then tells you to call customs!!

Your right! if the package would of been sent by courier, I wouldn't have this problem.
Old 03-01-2015, 08:44 PM
KOZ
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts

If a dude who looks like a cop insists on personally delivering it to you run!
Old 03-01-2015, 10:53 PM
AllFlash
Melting Slicks

Received 438 Likes on 239 Posts

How was it shipped and what company? If you paid lowest shipping it just may sit there several weeks... We get multiple items from the US weekly and you would be surprised at the things that companies ship lowest possible rate that show up months later. If there is any issue with customs a quick call to the company involved will tell you the reason.

Last edited by AllFlash; 03-01-2015 at 10:55 PM.
Old 03-03-2015, 10:13 AM
SpartaGus
Racer

Originally Posted by AllFlash
How was it shipped and what company? If you paid lowest shipping it just may sit there several weeks... We get multiple items from the US weekly and you would be surprised at the things that companies ship lowest possible rate that show up months later. If there is any issue with customs a quick call to the company involved will tell you the reason.

Package wasn't posted by a courier company but regular USPS mail. This is why I believe it's being held at customs. It's bad enough that the company I went with took so long on the order. Ordered the stuff back in mid December and they shipped it Febuary 3.

Called Canada Post and they told me also to contact the sender to open up a investigation. I will try him today. Did a search on line and found some people waiting up to 3 months for there mail because of customs holding it! I just find it so weird that over the years I've ordered so much stuff from the U.S. big and small packages and never had this problem.

Last edited by SpartaGus; 03-03-2015 at 07:19 PM.
Old 03-03-2015, 11:53 AM
Dodosmike
Le Mans Master

Received 225 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by SpartaGus
I just find it so weird that over the years I've ordered so much stuff from the U.S. big and small packages and never had this problem.
How much of it was shipped by USPS though?
Packages crossing boarders via mail is subject to search and possible seizure.

They do take their damn time though.

Good luck

dodosmike
Old 03-28-2015, 02:00 AM
0Northern Corvette
Former Vendor

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Hey Gus, sorry to hear about your troubles. We're located in Niagara, Ontario, pretty close to you. We stock thousands of new and used items, and if we don't have it, 99% of the time we can get it here in 2-3 days. We ship same day if ordered before noon, and FedEx would have it to Toronto overnight. Would love to try to earn your business in the future. Majority of the time we are cheaper than ordering from the USA, including when Corvette Central does free shipping. Give us a call or email if you need anything. 905-932-7130. Thanks
Old 03-28-2015, 04:21 PM
SpartaGus
Racer

Originally Posted by Northern Corvette
Hey Gus, sorry to hear about your troubles. We're located in Niagara, Ontario, pretty close to you. We stock thousands of new and used items, and if we don't have it, 99% of the time we can get it here in 2-3 days. We ship same day if ordered before noon, and FedEx would have it to Toronto overnight. Would love to try to earn your business in the future. Majority of the time we are cheaper than ordering from the USA, including when Corvette Central does free shipping. Give us a call or email if you need anything. 905-932-7130. Thanks

Thanks I will for sure. Definitely don't want to go through this again!

Still waiting for package! Now USPS put out a investigation to see why Customs is holding it.
Old 03-29-2015, 10:40 PM
B-Vette
Melting Slicks

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by SpartaGus
Ordered a exhaust plate and a couple of emblems. Package left LA airport on Febuary 3rd. Tracking the shipment, there hasn't been any movement since then. Called Canada post, told me Canada customs in Vancouver has had the package since Febuary 8th and they don't have anymore information on when it will be released.

Anyone else have this problem with Canada customs?

I order merchandise from the states all the time! Never had a problem like this!
They must know your a "shifty" corvette owner and probably a speeder to boot!
Old 05-05-2015, 11:08 AM
SpartaGus
Racer

Finally got my exhaust plate and emblems! The vendor ended up opening up a investigation with USPS and Can Customs and came up with nothing. The vendor I was dealing with from western U.S. ended up sending me another order last week and I finally got it yesterday.

After seeing the package and how it was shipped, it pretty much sums up what happened to the first one that was sent! Sent pics to the vendor and told him he should try putting the exhaust plate in a box next time!Name:  image.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  757.2 KB

Get notified of new replies

To Package Held at Canada Customs!

Quick Reply: Package Held at Canada Customs!