Canadian Events Canada, eh?

any ideas or suggestions for making a cross country purchase?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2015, 08:26 PM
CTD
Melting Slicks

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

Your only going to pay GST if you are out of province, my concern would be HST in your province & how it works after paying GST here in BC..........isn't it called free trade

TFX International rolls thru here all the time for proper transport, I've used them & it all went very well. I would use them again
Old 03-16-2015, 09:03 AM
stormin1976
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodged a bullet???

Hey everybody.....
I won't have to worry or think about buying this car and good thing too!
I did get in touch with someone out in Kelowna.. thanks to the members on this forum.. and this person drove by the dealership to look at the vehicle for me.. and the premise was closed and all the cars gone and was informed by someone local.. that several days ago.. several car carriers showed up and loaded up all the vehicles and took them away and apparently this business went bankrupt.

So... did I dodge a bullet? Looks like I did.
Sure am glad I didn't send them any money!!

thank you to everybody on this forum for their comments.. suggestions and help!

take care all!

NB
Old 03-16-2015, 07:49 PM
nascar03
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Norm....
You dodged a big one.
It pays to be thorough.
It's good to have the Corvette Network to help out.

Graham
Old 03-17-2015, 08:46 AM
camirocz
Melting Slicks

Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts

Default If you re not ready to buy

Originally Posted by stormin1976
Thank you for your reply your thoughts and information and yes.. all of that has been considered.
A price is something we haven't negotiated yet. We are not at that point. I am at the point where I am checking out the vehicle. I have the vin.. which I had a friend at gm check and I have the paperwork on the car's history and all of it goes with what the dealer had told me.
It is definitely a Canadian car...and the original owner apparently had traded it on a more vintage mid 60's corvette.
the past registration and renewal coincides with what the dealer has told me about the past owner.

I know it's winter here and there will be more z06's for sale in my area when the weather gets better in a couple of months.
I'm not 100 percent decided on this car... as I am going to see one about 4 hours from here this coming weekend.. and I have one other in mind.
so for now.... i'd like to see if someone can help or come up with an idea of how to complete this purchase and sale and delivery.. and inspection...in case we keep going further and I decide this car is one I will purchase.
And , you are correct, as you said, the seller did somewhat offer to include or work in the deal , the cost of shipping.

so i'm doing my homework.
I'm in no rush.
buyers should never be in a rush.. right?
I'm patient enough to know that at some point, the right vehicle will find it's way into my garage.

NB
I dont think you are ready to buy a car.Dont waste your time or the sellers checking the car out and asking the guy a million bits of information on the car unless this is a vehicle that inetrests you.You will only get confused in the long run.Once you find a car you like mke sure its in your budget then start the process of asking questions and doing the necessary research.Car proof will tell you the history of canadian car and car fax an american one.
Old 03-17-2015, 11:44 PM
stormin1976
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by camirocz
I dont think you are ready to buy a car.Dont waste your time or the sellers checking the car out and asking the guy a million bits of information on the car unless this is a vehicle that inetrests you.You will only get confused in the long run.Once you find a car you like mke sure its in your budget then start the process of asking questions and doing the necessary research.Car proof will tell you the history of canadian car and car fax an american one.
YOU don't think I'm ready to buy huh? and wasting the sellers time? or mine? Do you know what I've done or not done.. or who's time I've wasted?

I did a bit of homework.. and as it turns out.. it was the smart move.
Had I looked closer at the car.. and sent them a deposit... I would be whistling at the moon right now.. .wondering where my money and my car went.

Where in my posts did it say I've been asking a million questions about the car? My concern was more with finding out how reputable the dealership was.. and in this case.. good thing I took my time to look into it.

I could say more.. but.. I think i'll bite my tongue and be a gentleman. You don't know me.. and what i'm looking for or what i'm willing to spend.

But.. thank you for YOUR great advice!

Quick Reply: any ideas or suggestions for making a cross country purchase?