Canadian Events Canada, eh?

BC Corvette Club to Celebrate 50th Anniversay this August in Whistler, BC

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2015, 02:23 AM
carguy604
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Default BC Corvette Club to Celebrate 50th Anniversay this August in Whistler, BC

Hi, everyone! The BC Corvette Club (BCCC) is celebrating it's 50th Anniversary at Canada's premier resort community - Whistler, BC (home of the 2010 Winter Olympics) - this coming August 21-23, 2015 and we'd like to see you there! If you want to have a great long-weekend, see some awesome sights, stay at a world-class resort and hang out with a cool bunch of Corvette people, this is where you want to be this August!

This event is going to start off with a couple of Corvette Caravans going from Vancouver to Whistler, BC on Friday, August 21 (one morning & one afternoon caravan) with a Evening Social Event that Friday night.

Saturday, August 22nd will be our Show-n-Shine with the first 85 registered cars being parked within the center of the Whistler Village Town Site. Saturday evening will be our banquet dinner with a presentation by our special guest speaker - MR. WENDELL STRODE, Executive Director of the National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green, Ky.

Sunday, August 23 will feature a Poker Run to Pemberton, BC and a visit to a local winery for a wine tasting.

For those who wish to extend their visit, on Monday, August 24th there will be an optional "Long Way Home Cruise" which will go from Whistler, to Pemberton, Lillooet, Lytton, Hope, Chilliwack and back to Vancouver - a distance of about +/- 300 miles. This route will go from alpine areas up into semi-arid desert, down the Fraser Canyon and back into the Fraser Valley by a main highway before cutting off onto some more scenic back-roads for the drive back into the lower mainland. It's going to be a long, laid-back day of cruising on some twisty and scenic roads!

As I said before, this event is not yet open for registration - so just save the dates if you're interested in attending! This event is open to all Corvette owners and we're hoping to see a lot of new faces there, this year.

For additional information please visit our website at www.bccorvetteclub.ca . (Note: Our website is currently undergoing extensive renovations so forgive us if it's not quite 100% yet - it's happening!)

One final note! This is going to be a BIG EVENT! We expect cars from all across the Pacific Northwest as well as from all 3 Western Canadian Provinces - maybe further - so don't miss out! Pre-Registration will be Mandatory! There will be NO TICKETS SOLD ON SITE! All registrations will be via www.MotorsportReg.com .

Stay tuned & hope to see you there! Save the wave!

CarGuy604

V.P. BC Corvette Club

If you're planning on going, get registered quickly; spots are filling up fast! Here are the two links that you're going to want to go to. The first one's for registration; the second is the toll free number for your hotel room. Don't wait! Do it today!

http://www.motorsportreg.com/events/...0#.VQZue8p0xjo

Aava Whistler Hotel @ 1 800 663 5644 (Tell them you're with the BC Corvette Club to get the special rate!)
Old 03-19-2015, 03:31 PM
Cdn UFO
Melting Slicks

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

This may sound silly but do you guys drive your cars in the rain.
Old 04-10-2015, 06:48 PM
red03vette
Burning Brakes

Received 112 Likes on 98 Posts

wow that sounds like a lot of fun!
Old 04-12-2015, 04:27 AM
tfi racing
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Cdn UFO
This may sound silly but do you guys drive your cars in the rain.
Sure do! And as per Coast Guard regulations,also bring along enough PFD's for captain and passenger,a bailing bucket and at least one oar...

Last edited by tfi racing; 04-12-2015 at 04:46 AM.
Old 04-15-2015, 04:58 PM
red03vette
Burning Brakes

Received 112 Likes on 98 Posts

While I don't normally drive my Vette in crappy weather, if I'm out on a run or just a weekend drive and it rains unexpectedly, no big deal. Just means a good clean up after is all. Although I have seen a few hardy individuals in my neck of the woods driving their Vette's in the spring rain, good for them I say! :-)
Old 04-25-2015, 08:40 AM
B-Vette
Melting Slicks

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

I'm in! I was there for the 2011 gathering and it was a great time.

Get notified of new replies

To BC Corvette Club to Celebrate 50th Anniversay this August in Whistler, BC

Quick Reply: BC Corvette Club to Celebrate 50th Anniversay this August in Whistler, BC