Canadian Events Canada, eh?

Sirius Radio - How much?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2015, 01:44 PM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Received 899 Likes on 700 Posts

Originally Posted by dodosmike
just checked my january visa bill. $121.24. One year paid in advance all fees and taxes in
us ?
Old 04-05-2015, 04:36 PM
Dodosmike
Le Mans Master

Received 225 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by walleyejack
us ?
cdn.
Old 04-09-2015, 01:49 PM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Dodosmike
cdn.
my trial just expired, and they called me and after one listens to all the hoopla, boils down to $121.40 same as yours.

i miss listening to Elvis and the Jay Thomas show
Al

Last edited by walleyejack; 04-09-2015 at 01:56 PM.
Old 04-09-2015, 02:06 PM
Dodosmike
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by walleyejack
my trial just expired, and they called me and after one listens to all the hoopla, boils down to $121.40 same as yours.

i miss listening to Elvis and the Jay Thomas show
Al
Did you try the free radio deal in the above link?

I just received a free portable radio email offer yesterday. Free portable and vehicle kit with a $9.99/mth (plus royalty fee and taxes) subscription for a year.

Nephew says no better deals out there.
Old 04-09-2015, 02:33 PM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Did you try the free radio deal in the above link?

I just received a free portable radio email offer yesterday. Free portable and vehicle kit with a $9.99/mth (plus royalty fee and taxes) subscription for a year.

Nephew says no better deals out there.
no i didn t gonna phone em back then.

hopefully i can talk to someone i can understand, she was not too good with the English language.

Last edited by walleyejack; 04-09-2015 at 02:41 PM.
Old 04-09-2015, 02:38 PM
Maymyvetteliveforevr
Safety Car

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts

Just checked my January visa bill. $121.24. One year paid in advance all fees and taxes in
Do you think it would matter which device is being used to receive reception. For e.g. whether it was for a portable, car, home receiver etc?

So this seems like the best deal all in for one year?
Old 04-09-2015, 03:04 PM
Dodosmike
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Maymyvetteliveforevr
Do you think it would matter which device is being used to receive reception. For e.g. whether it was for a portable, car, home receiver etc?

So this seems like the best deal all in for one year?
That deal was in my Ram 2500 pickup. Nephew said it was the best price (back in January anyway).

If you want it in the house buy a portable and hook it up to your reciever, or listen online through your computer or "iWhatever" and bluetooth it to your receiver (if possible).

I never asked if that $121 price would be available with a portable, but I don't see why it wouldn't be.

I like the old portable radio, antenna and power wire, thats it, highpowered FM modulated. Newer portable radio have a wire going to the vehicle antenna to get the signal into the car radio, and all require a "dock" to use the radio.

This is my portable set up: Starmate 5 (12 or so years old, unavailable now)
Doesnt need a "dock" when not in the boombox. Just power and antenna.

Starmate 8 and anything newer uses this set up in a vehicle:

Power wire, signal wire (pluged into vehicle antenna) sirius antenna all plugged into the docking port, which need to be mounted somewhere, then the radio clips into the dock to make it all run. My dad had this in his Passat, it was a PITA. Nowhere out of the way to mount it.
Old 04-09-2015, 03:06 PM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Tried this link https://care.siriusxm.com/preownedve...al_view.action

US only
Old 04-09-2015, 03:10 PM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

tried this link http://forums.redflagdeals.com/hot-f...uired-1292543/
and this one https://care.siriusxm.com/preownedve...al_view.action

both US only.
Old 04-09-2015, 03:12 PM
Dodosmike
Le Mans Master

Oh yeah, Old Sirius radios will not pick up XM stations and vice versa.

I have XM in my truck, the portable is a Sirius radio.

From a channel line up perspective, they're different still.
Old 04-09-2015, 03:19 PM
Maymyvetteliveforevr
Safety Car

If you want it in the house buy a portable and hook it up to your reciever, or listen online through your computer or "iWhatever" and bluetooth it to your receiver (if possible).
I can't do that as I presently have a whole home audio where one of the receivers is AM/FM/XM & Weather Band, with everything built in. Everything is controlled via keypads throughout the home so we don't turn the receivers on/of at any time.
Old 04-09-2015, 03:24 PM
Dodosmike
Le Mans Master

I can't do that as I presently have a whole home audio where one of the receivers is AM/FM/XM & Weather Band, with everything built in. Everything is controlled via keypads throughout the home so we don't turn the receivers on/of at any time.
This?

http://shop.siriusxm.com/xm/ctl10600...eaker_dock_sd2
Old 04-09-2015, 03:42 PM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

thats if one wants the radio
Old 04-09-2015, 04:18 PM
Zeeman28a
Race Director

Received 191 Likes on 117 Posts

I put a new Pioneer deck in my Durango back in Jan. I bought the SiriusXM adapter for it and received a 3 month subscription to SiriusXM (My deck is SiriusXM) for free. But I only received maybe 30 channels during my free trial. Now that my trial is over, I'm only receiving 2.

First question is, how many channels are there with a SiriusXM subscription? For the 30 channels I was getting, I don't think it's worth it. And I guess it is tied into my deck so it's only in my truck.

They're currently offering me $129/21 months to continue with the service. Offer expires April 13 according to the email.

Oh and I find it a little confusing that the website asks me if I have a Sirius, XM (older) or SiriusXM (newer) device and then channel listings show "online only"? I'm assuming SiriusXM receives all Sirius and XM channels.

Stan.

Last edited by Zeeman28a; 04-09-2015 at 04:27 PM.
Old 04-09-2015, 04:27 PM
Dodosmike
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Zeeman28a
I put a new Pioneer deck in my Durango back in Jan. I bought the SiriusXM adapter for it and received a 3 month subscription to SiriusXM (My deck is SiriusXM) for free. But I only received maybe 30 channels during my free trial. Now that my trial is over, I'm only receiving 2.

First question is, how many channels are there with a SiriusXM subscription? For the 30 channels I was getting, I don't think it's worth it. And I guess it is tied into my deck so it's only in my truck.

They're currently offering me $129/17 months to continue with the service. Offer expires April 13 according to the email.

Stan.
I get 120 xm channels in my truck.
There are packages with more.

If your looking online make sure its siriusxm CANADA website your checking out.

I cannot get sirius channels in my truck since its XM only. The channel lineups are different, but only slightly.

$129 for 17mths isnt bad if thats all royalty fees and taxes included.

http://www.siriusxm.ca/plans/ Goofy little green tab on the right side switches you between XM canada and Sirius canada

I dont think the xm weather channels are available in canada, but I could be wrong. Its happened before, once, I think, I might be wrong on that as well.

Last edited by Dodosmike; 04-09-2015 at 04:39 PM.
Old 04-09-2015, 06:05 PM
Maymyvetteliveforevr
Safety Car

Thanks for the reply Mike.

Sorry, but I don't understand the concept, do I need an external device to pick up XM if my home audio receiver is already set up for it? I thought all I needed was a subscription?
Old 04-09-2015, 07:51 PM
Dodosmike
Le Mans Master

Sorry, but I don't understand the concept, do I need an external device to pick up XM if my home audio receiver is already set up for it? I thought all I needed was a subscription?
Yes you need a separate device, You need at buy a Sirius or xm RADIO and a SUBSCRIPTION to the channel package you'd like.

Sat signal goes to the radio. The link is a portable radio docking station that has external speakers. Slide the sat radio into the dock and it'll play through the speakers.

Your home reciever cannot (in all likelihood anyway) receive a sat signal. However once you connect a sat radio TO IT you can possibly control the sat radio, changing stations, volume, music genre etc. and listen through your home entertainment system. As I said earlier, I'm not an audiophile, so how the sat radio would hook to the entertainment reciever, I've not got a clue, I've never done it.

My Yamaha reciever has the capability to control my portable sat radio, but I've never bothered to hook it up.

Get notified of new replies

To Sirius Radio - How much?

Old 04-09-2015, 07:56 PM
Dodosmike
Le Mans Master

That smaller dark black box with the blue screen (in the middle of the pic)
http://shop.siriusxm.com/xm/ctl10600...eaker_dock_sd2
is the sat radio itself. It's "docked" into a system that allows it to play through the attached speakers. Think '80's boombox or ghetto blaster.

The little radio, with an vehicle connection kit, can be used in a vehicle that doesn't have a built in Sirius or xm radio. For example my 03 and 06 Jettas didn't have a built in sat radio. My '13 passat and '13 ram do have a built in. I use the portable radio (grey one in above pic) in the trailer when camping and in the boat, again, think boombox or ghetto blaster.
Old 04-09-2015, 08:48 PM
Maymyvetteliveforevr
Safety Car

Your home reciever cannot (in all likelihood anyway) receive a sat signal.
Thanks again for the reply. According the the manual it states, it has a built in XM Tuner and ready to receive XM which is what is confusing me.

The receiver is Nuvo NV-T2FXG Dual Tuner, AM/FM/Weather Band & XM Tuner. I was told all I needed was to connect it, download the software, antenna and subscribe to XM. I presently receive only AM/FM. I purchased it couple years ago.
Old 04-09-2015, 09:03 PM
Dodosmike
Le Mans Master

Thanks again for the reply. According the the manual it states, it has a built in XM Tuner and ready to receive XM which is what is confusing me.

The receiver is Nuvo NV-T2FXG Dual Tuner, AM/FM/Weather Band & XM Tuner. I was told all I needed was to connect it, download the software, antenna and subscribe to XM. I presently receive only AM/FM. I purchased it couple years ago.
zero help, sorry. Know an av forum? Or av store that might be able to help?

Recieve the sat signal or recieve the output from the sat radio by way of fm modulation?
Contact the manufacturer?

Last edited by Dodosmike; 04-09-2015 at 09:06 PM.

Quick Reply: Sirius Radio - How much?