Canadian Events Canada, eh?

Sirius Radio - How much?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2015, 01:30 PM
infernobuster
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by PaulUptime
Been renewing the past few years at the same rate of $38.50 for six months, most recently last month. We have a Sirius internet radio in the office and a Satellite unit for the car/truck/boat/trailer, so for about $6.50/mo it's worth it.

I'd gladly pay more for the programming IF the offered better quality sound but frankly the quality is barely AM stereo. It's fine for background music but IMHO irritating for intent listening.
Thats suprising to hear .. Ive had sirius for years now and the quality of sound has been excellent.
Old 04-23-2015, 07:15 PM
PaulUptime
Melting Slicks

Received 182 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by infernobuster
Thats suprising to hear .. Ive had sirius for years now and the quality of sound has been excellent.
My issue with Sirius is the heavy digital compression used. i'm not sure this is the case with all stations but it sure is with the Classic Vinyl, 60's, 70's, Elvis, Underground Garage and their Jazz channels.

I plug a Sirius ST5C receiver (below) with the magnetic antenna directly into the aux inputs of my outdoor stereo or the Kenwood head units in my Corvette, boat and truck. It's nice and portable but their heavily compressed audio sound half to less as good as the 256+kbps mp3 and lossless flac files played through the radio's USB port, or when in the states, the HD Radio.

For under $7/mo, our Sirius subscription includes internet and we listen in the office through a dedicated Sirius Internet radio. As I say, it's fine as background but not for intent listening.

Old 05-20-2015, 08:30 PM
Mike Jung
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Jung
My last offer (to comeback) by XM Radio at the end of '14 was:

XM Select for 1 year at $79.96 + royalty fees ($2.27 per month) & taxes.
Free XM Radio of 58 channels until June 1st.
& special promo pricing.

See: http://www.siriusxm.ca/xm-fta-fb/

*Offer expires June 17, 2015.

Quick Reply: Sirius Radio - How much?