Canadian Events Canada, eh?

Looking at buying a c6 in Alberta....

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2015, 12:01 PM
stormin1976
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking at buying a c6 in Alberta....

I'm looking for any information that I might need on buying a c6 that i'm looking at in Alberta.
I'm in Toronto.. and when we sell a car here.. we need a safety certificate and the vehicle has to pass an emissions test...
I am aware there is no emissions test in Alberta.. but.. is there some type of safety inspection the vehicle has to pass? Also.. is there some type of info that can be from the Alberta registrars office with regards to finding out about liens on the vehicle or other pertinent information?

Thanks all

NB
Old 04-19-2015, 01:10 PM
PhiL02Z06
Instructor

Well depends if your driving it back or not. If you want to drive it get a trip permit when you come to get the car, registrar's office will tell you about liens etc.. put your Ontario insurance on it and drive it, that's it. When you get to Ontario you'll have to safety inspect it and Emission test it (feel sorry for you ontarian's lol) plus your carbon tax lol
Old 04-19-2015, 02:29 PM
tfi racing
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

No government inspections required for Alberta registered cars in Alberta,it's all at your end.However it would be a good idea to have a local third party check it out if you can't or
don't know how to do that yourself.AFAIK,any registry office can do a lien search for you,but there have been cases where those have not been worth the paper they were written on.
Old 04-19-2015, 08:19 PM
Racer
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by tfi racing
No government inspections required for Alberta registered cars in Alberta,it's all at your end.However it would be a good idea to have a local third party check it out if you can't or
don't know how to do that yourself.AFAIK,any registry office can do a lien search for you,but there have been cases where those have not been worth the paper they were written on.
Hmm, reread and a bit confused, are you wanting to buy car in Ab and take back to On? If so, it all has to do with On laws, not Ab's.
Old 04-20-2015, 08:57 AM
stormin1976
Intermediate

sorry. yes.. that's exactly what i'm looking at doing.

and thank you for your info.... I had a feeling it was all to do with Ontario laws.

so yep.. I guess.. i'll be dragging it here and doing everything at my end.

thank you for your help

take care
NB
Old 04-25-2015, 08:48 AM
B-Vette
Melting Slicks

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Not as many models to choose from, (2008 to 2013) as there was a couple of years ago, I'm not sure as to why that has changed?
Old 04-25-2015, 09:08 AM
Black 03 Z06
Le Mans Master

Received 540 Likes on 390 Posts

I agree with Racer, it all about Ontario laws.

Just a word of caution if you get a trip permit. Do not try to go into the US to take the shortcut home.

Good luck with the purchase.

Get notified of new replies

To Looking at buying a c6 in Alberta....

Quick Reply: Looking at buying a c6 in Alberta....