Canadian Events Canada, eh?

ontario e test......pass or fail......

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2015, 06:24 PM
98gorby
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default ontario e test......pass or fail......

I have a 1998 c5 corvette with aftermarket exhaust no cats and xpipe.

I had a tune done.......i think i should pass my etest....

But i am concerned....has anyone here passed without cats on there car? Any tips or recommend a shop in gta, thank you.

Last edited by 98gorby; 04-26-2015 at 07:51 AM.
Old 04-25-2015, 06:32 PM
FrankieD
Burning Brakes

Received 92 Likes on 75 Posts

If Arun has adjusted the codes, then you're good to go. They just plug in the scanner for faults, no visual or tailpipe test.
Old 04-25-2015, 08:00 PM
RedZ4me
Le Mans Master

Received 422 Likes on 257 Posts

I'm going this week, '08 Z06 with heads/cam but full stock exhaust. Wish me luck
Old 04-25-2015, 10:11 PM
0Dasilvamotorsports
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Our cars pass , because our tunes are done to strick specs that pass . Anyone that had a tune done at Dasilva Motorsports will pass the etest .
Old 04-26-2015, 07:04 PM
lionelhutz
Race Director

Received 845 Likes on 721 Posts

If you don't have a check engine light then it should pass. Adjusting the tune to still pass an Ontario E-test is pretty simple even with the cats removed. Anyone charging for a tune better know enough to set the rear O2 sensor DTC's to no error reported when tuning after the cats are removed. Same applies to the AIR system, the AIR DTC's get turned-off when you tune after removing the AIR system. Once the DTC's are turned-off the car will pass an e-test no problem even with the systems removed.
Old 04-27-2015, 03:42 PM
RedZ4me
Le Mans Master

Received 422 Likes on 257 Posts

Well, I PASSED ! Heads, cam, intake and Arun/DaSilva tune........no issues and zero 'not ready's" on the report

I was worried as my 'now in the garbage' Ctek 7000 battery tender let me down this winter, allowing the battery to go so low my radio presets were gone.......and my buddy who did the etest told me weeks ago to not disconnect the battery.......

Purchased the Noco Genius 7200 tender, brought the battery back to full charge.....

So out of storage today, drove around for a bit and off to the test - done and passed !
Went to get my sticker for 2 years and good to go

*** Still a fricken cash grab - let's hope they dump this system like BC (I think it's BC) did.
Old 04-27-2015, 03:53 PM
5abivt
Safety Car

Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

Great to hear ! I just learned all this the last few weeks. I picked up a ctsv with longtubes and exhaust but no cats. I'm weighing the tune vs just adding cats.. Imo the sound is a little much for a family car
Old 04-28-2015, 02:42 PM
cdngolfer
Le Mans Master

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Dasilvamotorsports
Our cars pass , because our tunes are done to strick specs that pass . Anyone that had a tune done at Dasilva Motorsports will pass the etest .
Agreed

Mine passed in March with Arun's tune, headers and only 2 O2 sensors.

Had one code stick on I think because of a broken temp sensor that I replaced and a dead battery. Could not drive it enough in march to clear codes.

That cats are gone and the exhaust stinks but it does not matter as no sniffers now. Its louder now too!

Get notified of new replies

To ontario e test......pass or fail......

Quick Reply: ontario e test......pass or fail......