Canadian Events Canada, eh?

Chevron Techron Concentrate Fuel System

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2015, 12:39 PM
Ogopogo
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

NAPA has a good price on Seafoam right now for those who are not fortunate enough to have access to Techron.
I looked up Techron on Amazon Canada and the shipping was double the product cost !!!
Old 05-19-2015, 12:43 PM
b_rad!
Burning Brakes

Received 65 Likes on 33 Posts

A buddy of mine was in Montana this long weekend and picked up a 6 pack or the Techron that he is going to split with me!!!! Hopefully Chevron gets there labeling problem fixed so it can be had north of the boarder!
Old 05-19-2015, 01:47 PM
fasred01
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

buy Top Tier gas.....www.toptier.com
Old 05-21-2015, 04:59 PM
Patman
Race Director

Received 1,918 Likes on 1,190 Posts

FWIW, Gumout is on sale at Canadian Tire starting tomorrow for 40% off. This is a great alternative if you can't get Techron, here is a link to show you what to look for:

https://gumout.com/fuel-additives/re...ystem-cleaner/

The regular price is $12.99 so at 40% off it will be $7.79.

As I have mentioned before, this stuff works! I had a leaky injector in my DD 2006 Civic, which showed up as 7% fuel dilution in my oil analysis results, and the engine would turn over a long time before firing up if I let the car sit for more than a day or two. But after running this stuff my hard starting problem was completely solved (even if the car sat for a week!) and the next oil analysis I had done showed zero fuel in the oil!
Old 05-21-2015, 08:09 PM
starsandstripes
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks for the heads up about the Gumout. I'm going to purchase two or three bottles.

Does anyone here have any experience with the common C5 gas gauge problem btw? I ran seaform, GM fuel system cleaner and Motul fuel cleaner with a couple half tanks of gas to keep it more concentrated. No luck yet. People are saying you have to keep using it so i'm hoping that's the case. Maybe I should add it and let the car sit for a week? I dont know
Old 05-21-2015, 08:14 PM
b_rad!
Burning Brakes

Received 65 Likes on 33 Posts

The Chevron Techron is the what you need for the C5 fuel gauge issues. Just google it!!!
Proven fix.......
Old 05-21-2015, 09:27 PM
starsandstripes
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by b_rad!
The Chevron Techron is the what you need for the C5 fuel gauge issues. Just google it!!!
Proven fix.......
i know, except we don't have it in the toronto region lol
Old 05-21-2015, 09:33 PM
FFIN90
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: ================ From Toronto ================ 9/11/01 FDNY 343 R.I.P.
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
CI 6-7-8-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'13-'14

Originally Posted by cottoncandyek
Thanks for the heads up about the Gumout. I'm going to purchase two or three bottles.

Does anyone here have any experience with the common C5 gas gauge problem btw? I ran seaform, GM fuel system cleaner and Motul fuel cleaner with a couple half tanks of gas to keep it more concentrated. No luck yet. People are saying you have to keep using it so i'm hoping that's the case. Maybe I should add it and let the car sit for a week? I dont know
I had the issue for a few years, all the additives were just temporary fixes. Two years ago I finally broke down and bought the left side rebuild kit and a rebuilt sender unit for the right side tank. Easy to do on a C5, a friend of mine and I did it in a few hours.

Quick Reply: Chevron Techron Concentrate Fuel System