Canadian Events Canada, eh?

Long time lurker saying hi!

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2015, 04:33 AM
JeffC6R
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Long time lurker saying hi!

Hey everyone. Just thought I'd finally make a post on this site since I've been lurking on it before I bought my Vette 3 years ago lol...
Anyways a little background I suppose. I'm Jeff, I'm 25, total gearhead, and from Guelph. Vette's have been one of my favorite cars for as long as I can remember, so the second I got a decent full time job I decided I'd just save, save and save in hopes of picking up one of my dream cars.... Finally picked up a bone stock 2007 C6 with 24 thousand kilometers on it almost 3 years ago but I'm not one for leaving my cars stock so over the years I've had Manny and the guys from Dasilva Motorsports do a few things to her. Started with an SLP loudmouth axleback, then LS7 manifolds and cats... Car still felt a like it need a little more mmmph so I got them to install a custom grind cam as well as a lingenfelter 2 step system because why not. Car ended up making 409rwhp with the cam. She sounded pretty mean but I still felt like it needed more power and I ended up buying a Vortech V3 T trim from someone I knew and again had Dasilva do the install... Now she makes 646rwhp and it's pretty fun besides a few little hiccups along the way. I'm happy with it right now. Maybe when I start to get a little bored of it I'd like get a little closer to the 4 digit horsepower numbers some day!

But I guess all this talk is a little boring without pictures so hope you guys enjoy! Manny likes to call this car the Shocker for some reason, I'm not sure why...
DSC_2599
DSC_1930
DSC_2510
DSC_2514
DSC_2596
And here's one with the girlfriend driving since she's just as much of a gearhead as I am... She used to own a Honda CBR motorcycle but had to sell it for school a few years ago, she's now in her final year of being an electrical apprentice and has been looking into either a C6 Z06 or an SRT10 Viper when she becomes fully certified. I'm a tad jealous haha.

Oh and while we're at it, here's the dyno run at Dasilva Motorsports!

Anyways, I look forward to being on here more than just being a lurker now lol!
Old 05-11-2015, 07:42 AM
Black 03 Z06
Le Mans Master

Received 540 Likes on 390 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

Nice looking car, shocker indeed. Great photos by the way, nicely done.
Old 05-11-2015, 07:46 AM
Mad*Max
Race Director

Received 1,508 Likes on 820 Posts
C7 of the Year - Unmodified Finalist 2021

Old 05-11-2015, 07:57 AM
PaulUptime
Melting Slicks

Received 182 Likes on 115 Posts

Hello Jeff! Welcome!
GREAT to see someone young here.

You've obviously worked your tail off, so congrats on applying those efforts with good measure too. Nice mods to that car - hopefully you can get some track time with it to explore it's (and your) limits in a safer environment. Speaking of which... careful with that ride! The colour, shocker sticker, exhaust... you're hardly a subtle sight to the popo!

I hope you fully appreciate how fortunate you are for also having a gf that shares your passions. That's the best part of any relationship, and something some of us wait too long to discover, if ever. Corvettes are perfect two-seaters, if you know what I mean.

Question tho... What's with having 18 air fresheners hanging off the mirror?

Hope to meet you at the next cruise or GTG.
Old 05-11-2015, 08:55 AM
vt65
Safety Car

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

welcome to the forum Jeff, wow 646 you really woke that thing up!

I like the air freshener look, kinda softens things up, maybe you've started a new fad ...
Old 05-11-2015, 09:43 AM
RedZ4me
Le Mans Master

Received 432 Likes on 262 Posts

I give you props - you bought the right color !
Old 05-11-2015, 10:09 AM
WildWilly55
Melting Slicks

Received 161 Likes on 92 Posts

Where the heck is Guelph??? Heheheh---I too work at Linamar--I have seen your car over at Roctel quite a bit---Welcome aboard!!!
Old 05-11-2015, 10:53 AM
MRNZ06
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome aboard...super sweet ride!
Old 05-11-2015, 12:58 PM
JeffC6R
Navigator

Originally Posted by PaulUptime
Hello Jeff! Welcome!
GREAT to see someone young here.

You've obviously worked your tail off, so congrats on applying those efforts with good measure too. Nice mods to that car - hopefully you can get some track time with it to explore it's (and your) limits in a safer environment. Speaking of which... careful with that ride! The colour, shocker sticker, exhaust... you're hardly a subtle sight to the popo!

I hope you fully appreciate how fortunate you are for also having a gf that shares your passions. That's the best part of any relationship, and something some of us wait too long to discover, if ever. Corvettes are perfect two-seaters, if you know what I mean.

Question tho... What's with having 18 air fresheners hanging off the mirror?

Hope to meet you at the next cruise or GTG.
Thanks everyone! I'm definitely enjoying the ride and yes as much as I'd love to take her to the track I just never seem to have the time for it. Between working 6 days a week and house hunting with the girlfriend there isn't much time. Hopefully I can change that this year. I'd love to get into autocross. And about the girlfriend, yes. You have no idea how amazing or lucky I feel to have a lady that shares that same passion as I do. Our plan is to get a project muscle car to work on together when we get a place hopefully soon! About the air fresheners lol, I used to get one everytime I washed the car so I started a little forest collection just for the hell of it haha. My girlfriend and I will be at the Dasilva gtg on the 23rd so hopefully I'll see some of you guys there!

Originally Posted by WildWilly55
Where the heck is Guelph??? Heheheh---I too work at Linamar--I have seen your car over at Roctel quite a bit---Welcome aboard!!!
Haha yes Guelph. I hear it's some sort of small town somewhere in southern ontario and yup I work at Roctel so that's where the car spends most of its time lol!
Old 05-11-2015, 03:24 PM
kidneyboy
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome to the madness! Looking forward to seeing and hearing your car and of course meeting you and the gf. Hope to see you out at one or more of the gtg this summer. And BTW red is the fastest color.
Old 05-11-2015, 05:29 PM
JeffC6R
Navigator

For sure! Will definitely try and make it out to some gtg's when I'm free.
Old 05-11-2015, 10:15 PM
0Dasilvamotorsports
Former Vendor

Shocker is in the house

Jeff , thanks for the props

Always love seeing you and the girlfriend at the shop
Old 05-12-2015, 11:22 AM
HiVoltge
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Welcome and congrats on a beauiful vette...

BTW I love the sticker on the rear fascia
Old 05-13-2015, 04:28 PM
JeffC6R
Navigator

Originally Posted by Dasilvamotorsports
Shocker is in the house

Jeff , thanks for the props

Always love seeing you and the girlfriend at the shop
Damn right and of course Manny! You guys are the only ones that I trust with my car! Ya we like to stop in and drool all over the sexy cars you guys are working on!

Originally Posted by HiVoltge
Welcome and congrats on a beauiful vette...

BTW I love the sticker on the rear fascia
Thank you!

Get notified of new replies

To Long time lurker saying hi!

Quick Reply: Long time lurker saying hi!