Canadian Events Canada, eh?

Shop that specializes in LS engines, Vancouver Area

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2015, 09:54 PM
CannMann21
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shop that specializes in LS engines, Vancouver Area

Are there any shops in the Lower Mainland that knows LS engines well? I have only heard of K and M Tune Up in Abbotsford. I want to take my car to get some baseline dyno runs before I start with performance mods.
Old 06-25-2015, 01:20 AM
Voodoo13
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I talked to one of the guys at k/m and he seemed to know what I wanted and that made me think he knew what he was doing

But really, his approach was in line with what I read and believe on here. He does a dyno tune that he said could take a day. My only issue was the cost. Give them a call, they were friendly and helpful.
Old 06-25-2015, 02:21 AM
tfi racing
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Not sure what the tuners are like at Mopac,but they have a DynoJet and it would be real tough to screw up any baseline runs.
Old 06-25-2015, 10:00 PM
CannMann21
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Voodoo13
I talked to one of the guys at k/m and he seemed to know what I wanted and that made me think he knew what he was doing

But really, his approach was in line with what I read and believe on here. He does a dyno tune that he said could take a day. My only issue was the cost. Give them a call, they were friendly and helpful.
I was quoted $175 per hour for "a couple hours." Not worth it at that price. However, I am still keeping them in mind for when I need a tune.

Originally Posted by tfi racing
Not sure what the tuners are like at Mopac,but they have a DynoJet and it would be real tough to screw up any baseline runs.
I am not sure if it is a big deal or not, but I was hoping of having the baseline and final tune done on the same dyno, just for consistency.
Old 07-12-2015, 08:55 AM
CTD
Melting Slicks

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

If you are ever in Sicamous I can base line for you, I'm reasonable with HPT so I can help you with that as well. Last time I spoke with MOPAC, that is a few years back, I did not like the tuning software they were using.

What are you planning to do to the car?

Get notified of new replies

To Shop that specializes in LS engines, Vancouver Area

Quick Reply: Shop that specializes in LS engines, Vancouver Area