Canadian Events Canada, eh?

Going price for used LS7 heads

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2015, 06:10 PM
Cman01
Melting Slicks

Received 460 Likes on 311 Posts

Default Going price for used LS7 heads

If you were selling a set of used factory LS7 heads (that aren't damaged) what's the going price on them? Just want an idea.

LS7 BN7 cyl. heads....................tell me what you know about them.
Old 07-21-2015, 09:20 AM
family-man
Drifting

Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

Factory heads I wouldn't pay more than 700 if they were complete. If look at aftermarket like PRC. Heard good things about their heads and they don't cost a ton. If you have $ check out Brodix.
Old 07-21-2015, 01:31 PM
Monte04ss
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Cman01
If you were selling a set of used factory LS7 heads (that aren't damaged) what's the going price on them? Just want an idea.

LS7 BN7 cyl. heads....................tell me what you know about them.

I had mine done by American Heritage performance and they paid me 900 USD for my heads ( Core trade) . Not bad even with S&H ( 100$ CDN) I still made out great with our exchange rate.

just look over on the US C6 side, that will give you an idea on LS7 heads, more are being consumed as cores for rebuild/ valve issues.

hope that helps,

Old 07-22-2015, 11:02 PM
Cman01
Melting Slicks

Received 460 Likes on 311 Posts

Originally Posted by Monte04ss
I had mine done by American Heritage performance and they paid me 900 USD for my heads ( Core trade) . Not bad even with S&H ( 100$ CDN) I still made out great with our exchange rate.

just look over on the US C6 side, that will give you an idea on LS7 heads, more are being consumed as cores for rebuild/ valve issues.

hope that helps,

I read your post a couple times and I'm wondering how they "paid" you US$900 for your heads when they did the work they did for you.

AHP right now has their package 4 deal for US$1300 or so (I talked to Kohle a while back also). Are you saying that you sent them your heads and they fixed them for US$400? That would explain how they "paid" you US$900 for your heads.

Then you mentioned core trade. Just in case you don't know what a core is a shop will add that charge to your bill if they are sending you a finished or fixed part and you will need to send them back your bad or removed part. You pay the extra core charge so that the shop has a guarantee that you will return your bad item to them so they can fix it and ship to their next customer. Should you decide not to return your bad part to them the shop will keep the core charge amount that you had paid.

Basically AHP probably charged you US$1300 for a set of fixed heads that they shipped you + US$900 as a core charge for you to send them back your old heads to be rebuilt by them so they didn't really pay you $900 when your old heads got sent back by you.

If what I said isn't right please clarify.

Get notified of new replies

To Going price for used LS7 heads

Quick Reply: Going price for used LS7 heads