Canadian Events Canada, eh?

May I Ask A Favour

Old 08-23-2015, 09:58 PM
OBSESHON Mark
Melting Slicks

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

What a fantastic day today!!
My Grandson, Nolan & I were very proud to be part of this event.
We had a blast, on his first real multi Vette Gathering. 30 or more Vettes.
He was amazed with how our CFCE group, pulled together to make this happen.
Thanks Frank for letting us join in such a meaningful family event!!
Cheers to your family!!.

Last edited by OBSESHON Mark; 08-23-2015 at 10:01 PM.
Old 08-24-2015, 06:08 AM
WildWilly55
Melting Slicks

Received 161 Likes on 92 Posts

Sorry I could not attend had a previous family engagement----looks awesome---what a great event--that is what makes this forum ROCK !!! Great pics!!!
Old 08-24-2015, 09:17 AM
corrado
Le Mans Master

Received 218 Likes on 114 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Great event Mr Frank!! Glad you got your Vette together in time for it, your Dad looked very happy and proud. Wish I could have attended, but just too much on my plate.

Your Vette WILL live forever!!!!!!!!
Old 08-24-2015, 12:39 PM
Highway Hawk
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Couldn't have asked for a better day. Weather was perfect, Frank gets his car out after decades in storage, and even Les came out for the festivities.

The following users liked this post:
Maymyvetteliveforevr (09-11-2015)
Old 08-24-2015, 01:58 PM
Maymyvetteliveforevr
Safety Car

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts

Well what can we say? To say that the day exceeded our expectations is an understatement. Never did we expect such a huge turnout. We were amazed at how many of you came to our place first thing in the morning to join in the cruise to Oakville and then pulling into the Food Basics parking lot and seeing just as many cars waiting for our arrival …well, I still get a little “misty” thinking about it.

Thank you to Mark (OBSESHON Mark) for taking the lead in the cruise and picking a great place to eat. While driving along the Lakeshore, my Dad mentioned more than once how much Oakville has changed. At one point he commented on just how many Corvettes were following us.

Our heartfelt thanks to all of you for joining in the cruise and making this day such a success and one that neither I or my dad will ever forget. Pictures are awesome and I will share them with my dad next time I visit.

Frank and Cathy
Old 08-25-2015, 02:43 PM
MikeC
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on getting the Vette out Frank.

I am glad you got your Dad out in it for a cruise. There isn't much I wouldn't give up to spend a day out cruising with my dad in ours.
Old 08-25-2015, 11:08 PM
gdh
Le Mans Master

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

Great job Frank, your father must have been thrilled.
Old 08-26-2015, 06:02 PM
BlueHeavenVette
3rd Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sunday's cruise with you, Frank, and your parents was a distinct pleasure! We love to talk cars, show them off and cruise through town, but to do this very special thing for your parents made owning a classic car all that more meaningful. Thanks and huge kudos to Erwin for making this happen, and his determination to complete the re-build.

Thanks Frank for including me even though I am an unknown to most of the members.

All the best to you, your Dad and Mom!

John
Old 09-09-2015, 10:33 AM
Maymyvetteliveforevr
Safety Car

BlueHeavenVette, (John) Welcome to the forum and I hope you stick around for a while. These are a great bunch of people that I know you'll get to like.

We went to visit my parents on the weekend and the first thing my mom said was, "You have no idea how happy you made your dad and I feel when you came to take us out to lunch". "We had no idea what to expect when you said a couple friends would be joining in. I know it must have taken a lot of time and effect to get all these nice people to come to our home". "We will never forget that day" "Please thank them for us".

My parents want to thank everyone again for a great time and the neighbours still keep talking about "that day the Corvette's lined up the street".

I also want to thank everyone as I know I was a bit moody during those last couple days.

Request

I would like to get photo prints of that day which involved both the line up of Corvettes as well as my parents enjoying the day as I would like to create a photo album to give to them.

I'm not pc savy so I don't know the best way to get the photos to me as I would need to be able to send them to either Costco or Black's online for photo printing.
Old 09-09-2015, 01:32 PM
testing35
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

That was a fun day.
Old 09-13-2015, 04:25 PM
Maymyvetteliveforevr
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Maymyvetteliveforevr
Request

I would like to get photo prints of that day which involved both the line up of Corvettes as well as my parents enjoying the day as I would like to create a photo album to give to them.

I'm not pc savy so I don't know the best way to get the photos to me as I would need to be able to send them to either Costco or Black's online for photo printing.
I'll assume nobody has anymore pictures?
Old 09-13-2015, 09:23 PM
Cdn UFO
Melting Slicks

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Maymyvetteliveforevr
I'll assume nobody has anymore pictures?
I burned all my pics to a cd for you. I will give it to you when I see you again.
The following users liked this post:
Maymyvetteliveforevr (09-14-2015)
Old 09-14-2015, 09:41 AM
Maymyvetteliveforevr
Safety Car

That deserve's a "Thanks", I appreciate it Randy!
Old 10-07-2015, 02:33 PM
Stainsy
Instructor

Default Haven't been on the forum all summer

This looks like a really fun event. I wish I would have found this thread before it happened. Everyone looked like they had a lot of fun. Although I have never met you Fred, great job putting the car back together, I could tell in a few posts you were getting worried, but it all came back together. All the cars looked good, and I think that this is only a great forum because of its members. If you all search my posts, you will see what I went through with my car, and how some forum guys really came through for me.

Dave
Old 10-07-2015, 04:43 PM
7t2vette
The ORIGINAL and bestest
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 234 Likes on 143 Posts
Toronto Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by Stainsy
This looks like a really fun event. I wish I would have found this thread before it happened. Although I have never met you Fred, great job putting the car back together, I could tell in a few posts you were getting worried, but it all came back together.

I've been a bit out of the loop this year, and I rarely even visit the Canadian Section anymore.....I just saw this thread today!

Wow! I can't believe that that car finally moved under it's own power!! Awesome Frank!!!!!

BTW, who the heck is Fred?!?!?!
Old 10-07-2015, 05:27 PM
blu_c6
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Wish i saw this post earlier but was not a member of the forum. Looks like a lot of fun and what a great day for your father. A day you will always remember.

I look forward to meeting many of you soon.
Old 10-07-2015, 09:07 PM
Stainsy
Instructor

Originally Posted by 7t2vette

BTW, who the heck is Fred?!?!?!
Fred = Frank. I never claimed to be good with names, and apparently, I don't read well either

Dave

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: May I Ask A Favour