New Z06 from Wilson Niblett

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2015, 10:00 PM
Zeeman28a
Race Director

Received 191 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by Patastic
Those z's where available?
Don't know 100% but usually, when WN has corvettes on the front lot that are sold, they always have those sold signs on them. These didn't.

Cars were still there when I drove by on my way home around 6:30pm. Might be worth a call to find out. 905-884-0991.
Old 08-12-2015, 08:14 AM
Patman
Race Director

Received 1,920 Likes on 1,192 Posts

That Torch Red one would look great in my driveway! I know it's a 1LT model with the only added option being the performance exhaust, so it's priced at about $66,000. Still a bit out of my reach though
Old 08-23-2015, 12:06 PM
Highway Dancer
Pro

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

The new Z's with ZO7 Track Package on the road are what $120k?
Old 08-24-2015, 12:41 PM
auctiondepot
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tlaselva
Wilson Niblett?

Purchased a brand new C5 Z06 from them back in '03.

Placed a $5K deposit with them and promised the #7 spot for the C6 ZR1 when it was announced.

14 months later no car, even after repeated inquiries where my ZR1 was.

16 months later, and no confirmed date/build, asked for my deposit back.

They refused to return my deposit, after several requests.

Had to go though OMVIC, registered letters to the dealer requesting my deposit back. That seemed to do the trick, they called me shortly afterwards to come in to pick up my deposit.
Oh, and btw, this was month 19 and still no ZR1.

I won't say anything, I posted the facts, I'll let you come to your own conclusion.

I'm with Tony, nothing but the facts.

The C5 polished wheels have a known defect of cracks in the spokes
WN refused the warranty so I went to Applewood Motors and they exchanged all 4 for new. We are talking some (first hand) very serious service issues here.
Old 08-25-2015, 04:02 PM
ZOHSIC
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not to pile on, but I will say Brian Hay is a great guy, knows his stuff all things Corvette, he was a good resource when I was trying to buy my first Z06. The problem I see tho is that he unfortunately doesn't work in every role at WN and my limited experience there left me expecting a LOT more. I went in for a very simple mandatory recall and came out angered and frustrated never going back. I'll buy parts from the counter and do it myself but they are NEVER touching my car again.

The funny part is I have not stepped into a GM dealership since 1992 when I gave up on City Buick (which I've since learned is the same now as I left it then) I moved on to Honda, Ford etc until I bought my Z06.

Over 20 years later I have found that GM service departments are exactly the same shyt different decade.

When my wife takes her Lexus in for service, they give her free refreshments and a back massage FFS, GM gives you the shaft and a boat load of excuses.

Ford is not that much better, but marginally. The only GM car I'm even willing to own is a C6, but memories of bad sensors, back ordered parts, and torx head everything came rushing back.

If you find a good dealer, stick with them, cause it's a serious crap shoot every time you go to one at random.
Old 08-26-2015, 03:00 PM
roysvette
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Patastic
Thinking of ordering a z from Wilson Niblett

anyone have any experience or feed back they can share?

thanks
Bought my '07 Z51 coupe, my '10 Grand Sport vert and my 2014 Z51 vert all from Wilson Niblett. The C7 was apparently a GM show car and driven by Gord Wilson. First two were brand new and no issues. the '14 had some minor scratches in paint and it was Brian Hay that went to bat for me to get a "cut and polish" done at a local detailing shop. All good now. I'd deal with them again. Also had a couple of warranty issues on the '10 and the '14. They were sorted at Ontario Motor Sales in Oshawa (local dealer) I'd use them again also, but I don't think they sell too many Vettes.
Old 08-30-2015, 08:28 PM
AllFlash
Melting Slicks

Received 438 Likes on 239 Posts

WN is the reason I have my Z06! I was originally with them and they told me there was a 2-3 year wait if I wanted a Z06. They then put me on a list (5K deposit) for a C7 Stingray. When I inquired about getting the order placed I was told there was a waiting list. I asked about my place on the list and they stated that was private. I then asked when I might expect my C7 and they wouldn't commit to even approximate times and lastly would not place my order until my order came up. As there then became a definite price protection concern, I then insisted on the order being placed regardless of where my place was in line and that was like pulling teeth...but it got done. At the end of the day, not knowing such things as how long their list was, where I was on the list and whether I would even get my Vette this year led me to request for return of my deposit...at which time I started my hunt fo the Z.

To think with great customer service, i would probably be sitting in my Stingray, vice my Z06! I have to say though that, at the end of the day, the deposit was returned quickly.

Quick Reply: New Z06 from Wilson Niblett