Canadian Events Canada, eh?

Looking for a couple of phones...

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2015, 12:59 PM
VETFEVER
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 660 Likes on 443 Posts

Default Looking for a couple of phones...

My two teenage daughters both are looking for a phone.

Iphone, or Samsung or whatever - in good used condition.

Let me know what you have...

Thanks

Jack
Old 09-06-2015, 08:30 AM
VETFEVER
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

New apple phones are out this Wednesday - time to get rid of your old stuff
Old 09-06-2015, 11:47 AM
Zeeman28a
Race Director

Received 191 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by VETFEVER
New apple phones are out this Wednesday - time to get rid of your old stuff
Sept 9 is announcing the release date of September 18. So it's 2 weeks Friday.
Old 09-06-2015, 05:21 PM
NOCRISIS
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

I buy unlocked phones online and ship to USA address, dollar not helping right now,lol. I do have 2 Motorola Atrix 4G Android Phone unlocked, they are a bit older so keep that in mind for todays software, I would just need to round them up, lol, I have the 11 inch lapdock for one of them also,,,
Old 09-07-2015, 02:26 AM
VikingTrad3r
Oil Producer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,262 Likes on 1,446 Posts

Originally Posted by VETFEVER
My two teenage daughters both are looking for a phone.

Iphone, or Samsung or whatever - in good used condition.

Let me know what you have...

Thanks

Jack
Jack, i have a couple iphone 4s's around. One will be telus and one will be rogers. If you're in calgary.
Old 09-07-2015, 09:42 AM
VETFEVER
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by VikingTrad3r
Jack, i have a couple iphone 4s's around. One will be telus and one will be rogers. If you're in calgary.
Tx - 4's might be a little dated - phone envy plays a part in teenage life...

I am in Toronto.
Old 09-07-2015, 10:49 AM
Zeeman28a
Race Director

Received 191 Likes on 117 Posts

Quite honestly then, Jack. You're not going to find anything newer that's, well, cheaper than buying in the store right now.

And if phone envy is an issue, your girls won't be happy with last year's tech phones, especially if they are in a group of kids that have the new phones.

Rogers has the iphone 5C available for free on 2 year contracts. The 5S is available for $150 on 2 year contracts. I think Bell is the same.
The difference between the 5C and the 5S is that the 5C is in a plastic case, comes in 5 colours and has only 8GB ram. The 5C is more like a glorified 4S but with the newer OS and upgraded tech.

The Samsung Galaxy S5 are about $150 I think.

Depending on what your device balance is on existing contracts, you could buy it out and get the free phones on a new 2 year contract.

But if you are looking to buy outright, Kijiji might offer you some choices, but beware of the fraudsters there. I've heard some ripoff stories from co workers that were trying to do the same as you are.

Last edited by Zeeman28a; 09-07-2015 at 10:56 AM.
Old 09-07-2015, 11:09 AM
VikingTrad3r
Oil Producer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,262 Likes on 1,446 Posts

i have bought many items from kijiji. including phones. meet at a starbucks or tims, then there are zero issues with safty.

and as for buy iphones, ive bought many from kijiji. HERE IS WHAT YOU NEED TO DO to ensure you do not get ripped off.

- phone must be "activated" so you can turn it on, see if the wifi works by joining the wifi at Tims or Starbucks.
- then, and this is the most important part, go to settings/icloud and TURN OFF "find my iphone".
- then in the same spot settings/icloud, go up and look for the po's name as being logged into icloud. They may be signed out already
- sign into icloud with your own account.
- then turn ON find my iphone while being signed in yourself.

If you can do all that the phone is legit and proceed. If not, walk away.

- if you decide not to buy it, turn off "find my iphone" and then log yourself out of icloud in settings/icloud.

ill repeat ....because its that important...if you cannot do what is listed above in the order listed above, walk away, 95% sure its a stolen phone, or, its a child selling thier prents old phone and they didnt know it needed to be done and once you pay for the phone good luck reconnecting to get them to sign out and u have a paperweight. Ask me how I know.

cheers.

Originally Posted by Zeeman28a
Quite honestly then, Jack. You're not going to find anything newer that's, well, cheaper than buying in the store right now.

And if phone envy is an issue, your girls won't be happy with last year's tech phones, especially if they are in a group of kids that have the new phones.

Rogers has the iphone 5C available for free on 2 year contracts. The 5S is available for $150 on 2 year contracts. I think Bell is the same.
The difference between the 5C and the 5S is that the 5C is in a plastic case, comes in 5 colours and has only 8GB ram. The 5C is more like a glorified 4S but with the newer OS and upgraded tech.

Depending on what your device balance is on existing contracts, you could buy it out and get the free phones on a new 2 year contract.

But if you are looking to buy outright, Kijiji might offer you some choices, but beware of the fraudsters there. I've heard some ripoff stories from co workers that were trying to do the same as you are.

Last edited by VikingTrad3r; 09-07-2015 at 11:14 AM. Reason: clarity
Old 09-07-2015, 11:31 AM
VETFEVER
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Stan and Viking - Tx for the terrific advice....
Old 09-08-2015, 09:41 AM
MRNZ06
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the family plans are also a lot better these days where you can share and monitor their usage!

Get notified of new replies

To Looking for a couple of phones...

Quick Reply: Looking for a couple of phones...