Museum Delivery

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2015, 08:01 PM
Maxpowers
Le Mans Master

Received 2,722 Likes on 1,826 Posts
Default Museum Delivery

Hi Guys -

I was at the dealer preparing to order a 2016 and they told me Museum delivery is not available for Canadians. I thought I read some folks have done this but can't find anything definitive.

Can anyone shed some light? Thx
Old 09-23-2015, 08:10 PM
Zeeman28a
Race Director

Received 191 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxpowers
Hi Guys -

I was at the dealer preparing to order a 2016 and they told me Museum delivery is not available for Canadians. I thought I read some folks have done this but can't find anything definitive.

Can anyone shed some light? Thx
It's available after the fact.

You take delivery of your car up here, then ship or drive to the Museum and for about $2K US, they do the delivery at that point.

Give them a call to find out more.

Shane Webb manages this one of a kind program for the NCM. He will be happy to assist you with any questions or concerns using the special NCM Delivery Hotline of 1-800-205-4248 or 270-777-4505. Also Matt Morley can be contacted at 270-467-8851 or 1-800-205-4248.
Old 09-23-2015, 08:22 PM
63 Blue Thunder
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

We are planning to take delivery of our car here and then do a trip next spring to Bowling Green for the "Museum Experience". For $500 I figure it is close to the museum pickup.

Of course it would really help if GM Canada would start to move orders along before the snow flies. We also want to do the Buyers tour and the Photo Album!!
Old 09-23-2015, 08:27 PM
FivePointFarms
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 63 Blue Thunder
We are planning to take delivery of our car here and then do a trip next spring to Bowling Green for the "Museum Experience". For $500 I figure it is close to the museum pickup.

Of course it would really help if GM Canada would start to move orders along before the snow flies. We also want to do the Buyers tour and the Photo Album!!
And what do you think of VW...those sneaky buggers....I was convinced clean diesel was the future....now I will order a SRT jeep.

Life is so fun!!
Old 09-23-2015, 08:40 PM
Maxpowers
Le Mans Master

Thanks for your reply. So I guess it is what it is. For 2G's, we could do an all inclusive paid road trip to Bowling Green with a week in Chicago! Not a bad alternative. Cheers

Originally Posted by 63 Blue Thunder

Old 09-23-2015, 08:43 PM
Maxpowers
Le Mans Master

Pretty crappy situation for V-dub. Was thinking of dumping some cash in their stock right now given the hit. After fines / restitution, they will be back on their feet in a year or so and they have a great portfolio of vehicles. I drive an Audi S5 right now and love it.

Originally Posted by FivePointFarms
And what do you think of VW...those sneaky buggers....I was convinced clean diesel was the future....now I will order a SRT jeep.

Life is so fun!!
Old 09-24-2015, 11:27 AM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Received 898 Likes on 700 Posts

Life is so fun!!
you can t get VW deliveries at the Corvette museum
Old 09-27-2015, 11:39 AM
4mysnty
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default NCM delivery

Originally Posted by walleyejack
you can t get VW deliveries at the Corvette museum
Hey,
I did the plant tour in mid-April '15 and took delivery at the end of May at Highlands in Aurora. When I was there, I spoke to someone about doing a photo album of my car while on the assembly line.

Its cost was $750 US. I got a really nice leather bound album with letters from plant manager and birth certificate and pictures and commentary along the way...etc. Its about 14"x12" in size.

Its a keepsake.

Shane organized it and I got a photo the day my car came off the line! It was worth it.
Old 09-28-2015, 09:00 AM
squalo3
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 25 Posts

Life is so fun!!
What does that have to do with this thread?

Get notified of new replies

To Museum Delivery

Quick Reply: Museum Delivery