Canadian Events Canada, eh?

Another lift question

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2015, 03:22 PM
36couper
Pro

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Default Another lift question

I did a search but couldn't find anything on this brand of lift.
It's a Clentec 4 post lift with 9000 lb capacity. Does anyone have any info on them? The ad on kijiji says something about not made in China. I thought everything is made in China these days!
The price is substantially less than other lifts. I know you get what you pay for. The latest price I got from a well known lift store in the GTA was about $4700 with delivery and HST!!
Old 10-02-2015, 10:08 AM
Maymyvetteliveforevr
Safety Car

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts

I believe they're a new line of lifts made my Atlas.

Have you ever checked out Direct Lift?

http://www.directlift.ca/4-post-lifts.htm
Old 10-02-2015, 12:07 PM
36couper
Pro

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

yep, I contacted Direct Lift yesterday. Decent pricing. A friend of mine has a DL and he swears by it.
Old 10-02-2015, 12:38 PM
VETFEVER
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 660 Likes on 443 Posts

Virtually every lift on the market is made in China these days. There are some US made versions (smaller companies generally) but their prices are usually 50% more plus the awful exchange rate we now have.

Mine is a Bend Pak - it's made in China
Old 10-04-2015, 10:47 PM
Norm07
Racer

Received 75 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by 36couper
I did a search but couldn't find anything on this brand of lift.
It's a Clentec 4 post lift with 9000 lb capacity. Does anyone have any info on them? The ad on kijiji says something about not made in China. I thought everything is made in China these days!
The price is substantially less than other lifts. I know you get what you pay for. The latest price I got from a well known lift store in the GTA was about $4700 with delivery and HST!!
Check this place....Lift Superstore, Speers Road, Oakville

http://www.liftsuperstore.com

Paid a little over 3G's picked it up in a U Haul Trailer and installed it myself(and a couple friends). Good selection, knowledgeable and good people to deal with. There was also a discount when you bought at the store and picked up.
Old 10-05-2015, 01:18 PM
Corp Z
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a backyard buddy. Very nice quality and you cant beat the design for safety and reliabiity. Its all made in the USA from what I understand. I purchased it two years ago from a canadian distributor for about 4500. Im sure the prices are terrible now with the exchange rate.

I tried to deal with the lift superstore but the employee I dealt with was not good and wasn't interested in returning calls or emails. I know others have positive reviews but their chinese cobbled lifts coupled with their lousy service would cause me to walk the other way.
Old 10-06-2015, 09:27 AM
stephenpen
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Another lift question

I have a hydra-lift 9000 2 post and I'm very happy with it. Canadian company that was based out of Markham for years. They recently moved to BC. Second hand lifts go for around $1200-$1500 on kijiji.

Get notified of new replies

To Another lift question

Quick Reply: Another lift question