c5 Double din stereo upgrade - info needed

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 09:36 PM
HiVoltge
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Default c5 Double din stereo upgrade - info needed

Has anyone undertaken the dash modifications themselves and how difficult is it. My car already has an aftermarket stereo/speakers/amp so the wiring component should be fairly straightforward. Double D Mods seems to be the popular choice of suppliers of the modded radio bezel ; has anyone dealt with them and how good is their product in person as I can't tell by the pics on their website.

Old 10-07-2015, 09:10 AM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Received 899 Likes on 700 Posts

Originally Posted by HiVoltge
Has anyone undertaken the dash modifications themselves and how difficult is it. My car already has an aftermarket stereo/speakers/amp so the wiring component should be fairly straightforward. Double D Mods seems to be the popular choice of suppliers of the modded radio bezel ; has anyone dealt with them and how good is their product in person as I can't tell by the pics on their website.

dennis at Double D is the way to go. great to work with and knows his stuff.
Old 10-07-2015, 01:03 PM
BrentSc
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HiVoltge

I installed a DD in my C5. The only item that caused any 'work' was the removal of the existing riveted tray you need to remove to make room for the DD head unit.
BTW, make sure to cover/tape the threads on your shifter when putting in the new DD bezel to avoid scratching it... ask me how I know.

functionally and esthetically, it was a very good upgrade to do. The actual DD bezel from Dennis was good quality.

Regards, Brent

Get notified of new replies

To c5 Double din stereo upgrade - info needed

Quick Reply: c5 Double din stereo upgrade - info needed