Canadian Events Canada, eh?

Let's go Blue Jays!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2015, 09:51 PM
Patman
Race Director

Received 1,920 Likes on 1,192 Posts

The Mets have the better pitching, by far (in terms of starters anyhow) but KC has an awesome lineup of hitters (as we found out) so it's going to be a good matchup. Mets have David Murphy, who is a home run hitting machine so far in the post season, so that might just be enough to turn the tides their way. I'm going to say the Mets win it in game 7.
Old 10-26-2015, 06:34 PM
7t2vette
The ORIGINAL and bestest
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 234 Likes on 143 Posts
Toronto Events Coordinator

You know, in a strange way, I am kinda glad it is over for the Jays!!

The stress of watching the games was killing me!!

Now I can go to not being stressed while watching the Leafs go nowhere!!

I think KC is going to win!
Old 10-26-2015, 07:00 PM
VETFEVER
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 660 Likes on 443 Posts

Originally Posted by 7t2vette
You know, in a strange way, I am kinda glad it is over for the Jays!!

The stress of watching the games was killing me!!

Now I can go to not being stressed while watching the Leafs go nowhere!!

I think KC is going to win!
My heart was racing between pitches in some of those "at-bats"
Old 10-27-2015, 06:05 AM
88BlackZ-51
Race Director

Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts

Pitching wins! Jays didnt have the mid relievers that KC had....That was the biggest difference.
Old 10-27-2015, 10:16 AM
Patman
Race Director

Originally Posted by 88BlackZ-51
Pitching wins! Jays didnt have the mid relievers that KC had....That was the biggest difference.
I agree, KC's bullpen is simply awesome! The loss of Cecil for us was definitely one of our downfalls. Loup is not a good alternative. We need to get at least one (or two) left handed relievers for 2016 if we're going to be a strong contender.
Old 10-27-2015, 11:11 AM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Received 899 Likes on 700 Posts

Originally Posted by 88BlackZ-51
i agree somewhat, but, can t leave a man on 3rd with none out, and not score, so that is not a pitching issue. they have the worst record for leaving men in scoring position and score O, last i heard they were 0 & 15 with men in scoring position. that is probably higher now. is more like a problem of making contact with the ball, put it in play and advance runners. they all were swinging for the fence every at bat, can t do that, a good manager should have squashed that idea in their heads.

imo
Old 10-27-2015, 05:26 PM
Patman
Race Director

Originally Posted by walleyejack
i agree somewhat, but, can t leave a man on 3rd with none out, and not score, so that is not a pitching issue.
Let's not forget how amazing of a pitcher that Wade Davis is, he neutralized our guys in the top of the ninth inning and kept them from scoring a run. I remember when David Price loaded the bases with nobody out in his very first outing in a Toronto uniform back in August and he managed to get out of trouble without a single run scoring, and I thought to myself "this guy is definitely going to help our ball club win games" So that's exactly the type of thing that great pitchers can do, they can shut down good hitters. Toronto has the best offense in MLB, but yet when we run into great pitchers we have a lot of trouble scoring runs. So you can look at it both ways, you can be frustrated that we didn't score a run, or you can be amazed at how good KC's bullpen really is.
Old 10-29-2015, 11:32 AM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Anthopolous leaving Jays, Shapiro replaces Beeston, as we all knew, but will not give him full GM responsibilities like Beeston did. losing a good man here. will probably get a new GM and destroy the team sad
Old 10-29-2015, 01:01 PM
Black 03 Z06
Le Mans Master

Received 540 Likes on 390 Posts

Big business with no real heart in the team. Just money. It will be interesting to see what if any reaction there is from the players.
Old 10-29-2015, 03:15 PM
Patman
Race Director

Originally Posted by walleyejack
Anthopolous leaving Jays, Shapiro replaces Beeston, as we all knew, but will not give him full GM responsibilities like Beeston did. losing a good man here. will probably get a new GM and destroy the team sad
While I do feel a bit scared with this change in management, I also think that Mark Shapiro will want to make his mark on the team, so he's not going to let it fall completely apart when we're so close to having the complete package that have the team being World Series contenders for a number of years to come. The next week will tell a lot, if they do the right thing and sign David Price and Marco Estrada, we know they are serious about success.
Old 10-29-2015, 04:21 PM
blu_c6
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

AA was offered a 5 year contract and turned it down. You know there is a reason behind that. Either the challenge with this team was gone, he did not get along with Shapiro and his thoughts going forward or he was already offered a new challenge and going for it.

Your right Patman, the next week will tell a lot about the where this team is headed.
Old 10-29-2015, 04:42 PM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

He definately didn t see eye to eye with Shapiro, is what i have been reading and seeing. even tho they both say different in live interviews. no need for him to burn the bridge. Thing is, he put the team together and if they succeed in a world series soon, Shapiro will get all the acolades. just like when Dale Talon built the Hawks up and when he was about to win, fired him and brought in Scotty Bowman s kid. Ruthless business.

Last edited by walleyejack; 10-29-2015 at 04:44 PM.

Quick Reply: Let's go Blue Jays!!