Remember to Vote:

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2015, 10:01 AM
corrado
Le Mans Master

Received 218 Likes on 114 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Originally Posted by LV2TOUR
Were still in the honeymoon stages. Things will start happening, for better or worse very soon, especially after Friday's events in Paris.

I'm still Optimistic that this new government will do well. All you Tories are hoping that they fail miserably. You people are still PO'd that Harper and his political hacks such as Pierre Pollievre have been banished to Opposition. McKay, Baird, Moore, and other high profile MP's walked the plank before the election because they could see it coming. It was an anti Harper vote. At least those Mp's will get their golden parachuted pensions at 55, while the rest of us have to wait till 67....oh wait, the new government will put that back to 65. That is a step in the right direction...
I think Trudeau is a great teacher..he certainly taught Harper the lesson of "Don't count your chickens before they hatch"

That's all folks.... Sunny ways
Pensions?! WISH I had one of those!! Being self employed I have to make my OWN pension!!

Last edited by corrado; 11-17-2015 at 10:02 AM. Reason: grammar
Old 11-17-2015, 10:26 AM
4SUMERZ
Race Car Tech
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,320 Likes on 1,664 Posts

Originally Posted by corrado
Pensions?! WISH I had one of those!! Being self employed I have to make my OWN pension!!
You can if you do RRSP's for your retirement savings. However, the pension I was talking about that will revert back to age 65 is the Old Age Security pension. You will be eligible for that at 65, even though you are self employed.
Old 11-17-2015, 10:36 AM
corrado
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by LV2TOUR
You can if you do RRSP's for your retirement savings. However, the pension I was talking about that will revert back to age 65 is the Old Age Security pension. You will be eligible for that at 65, even though you are self employed.
Yes Sir, I do have RRSPs and TFSA, I just meant I don't have any company pension, benefits, sick pay, etc,etc.
There are benefits and drawbacks to self emplyment.

Sorry to derail the thread. (Just stored my Vette on Sunday, it's gonna be a Lonnnnnnnnnng winter!!
Old 11-17-2015, 11:03 AM
4SUMERZ
Race Car Tech
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,320 Likes on 1,664 Posts

Originally Posted by corrado
Yes Sir, I do have RRSPs and TFSA, I just meant I don't have any company pension, benefits, sick pay, etc,etc.
There are benefits and drawbacks to self emplyment.

Sorry to derail the thread. (Just stored my Vette on Sunday, it's gonna be a Lonnnnnnnnnng winter!!
No worries. I wish that I had never started this thread to begin with
Anyway, I have mine officially in storage as well. It is going to be a long wait until April 1.

Old 11-17-2015, 01:34 PM
dankhts
Safety Car

Received 326 Likes on 203 Posts

[QUOTE=corrado;1590922471]Yes Sir, I do have RRSPs and TFSA, I just meant I don't have any company pension, benefits, sick pay, etc,etc.

man, wish I could afford RRSPs and TFSAs...: but Justin will take care of me.....
Old 11-20-2015, 05:46 PM
Mad*Max
Race Director

Received 1,500 Likes on 817 Posts
C7 of the Year - Unmodified Finalist 2021

Default the excuses have started...

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2...erals-say.html
Old 11-20-2015, 07:42 PM
gdh
Le Mans Master

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

Pretty std practice for any new governing party. I am hoping that the Libs go over the TPP very closely before they sign. So far the few areas that have been leaked are not to favourable towards us.
Old 12-03-2015, 06:52 AM
FivePointFarms
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Black 03 Z06
Can you explain exactly how and for what reason Harper managed this manipulation of the housing market? Did they not take steps to limit mortgages for the express purpose of trying to stop speculation in the housing market? Obviously you are more knowledgeable so please share the wisdom.

This was a difficult choice for me this time around. I have been a Conservative voter for a long time but I did not really care for the candidate this time around. The guy who in my mind should have been elected was a Liberal (never voted for them ever) however I simply could not stand their leader and now our Prime Minister. A rock star indeed and about as bright as most of them.

Prediction? At least four years of pure hell.
12/03/15-Calgary-the hottest housing market in the country 2 years ago-sales last month tumbled another 29%. The average price dropped more than 5%. Listings shot 31% higher than a year earlier. Plus the length of time it takes to sell a house swelled 18%.

And this is just the start Alberta real estate's decline will likely pick-up speed from here.

Also-Liberal Government to implement increased MINIMUM down payment (tiered) from 5% to 10% soon....get ready it will be a long ride to the bottom.

Will update.
Old 12-03-2015, 08:12 AM
corrado
Le Mans Master

PAY FOR YOUR OWN DAMN NANNIES JUSTIN!!!!!
FFS!!

Of course, it's do as I say, NOT as I do.
He preached "rich families don't need government money for their children." (can't remember the exact wording, sue me)

Have as many Nannies as you want, but PAY FOR THEM YOURSELF, not with our tax dollars. The gravy train is full steam ahead.

So tired of this crap.

What an unqualified moron.
Old 12-03-2015, 09:10 AM
Black 03 Z06
Le Mans Master

Received 540 Likes on 390 Posts

Corrado, some horse guy will make an excuse for him.

"What an unqualified moron" Certainly
Old 12-03-2015, 11:11 AM
FivePointFarms
Melting Slicks

Corrado, some horse guy will make an excuse for him.

"What an unqualified moron" Certainly
I have nothing good to say about any politician/political party/union...

I prefer Horse Trader...

I will continue to update you on the slow decline of the Canadian real estate market....

What is very interesting is the plan by the liberals to set a increased MINIMUM down payment...this will cool the market on its own...
Old 12-03-2015, 11:23 AM
Black 03 Z06
Le Mans Master

Received 540 Likes on 390 Posts

I think you will find that the Conservatives some time ago altered the ratio of downpayment versus total amount of mortgage. This was done to cool what they took as a overheated market and perhaps was a view into the future of place like the Tar Sands. No other reason for Alberta's housing collapse? I guess not. This took place when JF was still alive so that is some time ago now in political time.

What colour is it in your world? Horse Trader indeed.

Last edited by Black 03 Z06; 12-03-2015 at 11:24 AM.
Old 12-03-2015, 11:52 AM
FivePointFarms
Melting Slicks

I think you will find that the Conservatives some time ago altered the ratio of downpayment versus total amount of mortgage. This was done to cool what they took as a overheated market and perhaps was a view into the future of place like the Tar Sands. No other reason for Alberta's housing collapse? I guess not. This took place when JF was still alive so that is some time ago now in political time.

What colour is it in your world? Horse Trader indeed.
Thanks for the compliment.
Old 12-14-2015, 07:17 AM
FivePointFarms
Melting Slicks

Can you explain exactly how and for what reason Harper managed this manipulation of the housing market? Did they not take steps to limit mortgages for the express purpose of trying to stop speculation in the housing market? Obviously you are more knowledgeable so please share the wisdom.
The Conservatives introduced 0% down payments with 40 year amortizations a decade ago, the Harporites adopted a US style, larssez-faire approach to housing that prepared the ground for a bitter harvest today.

Oil is now down to $35 a barrel, and lost 42% of its value since summer. That's a disaster, currently unraveling housing market confidence in Calgary, Edmonton and Regina and Saskatoon.

Anyone who does not think oil creep is hitting Ontario's industrial base or real estate markets from Vancouver Island to the Rock simply is not paying attention.

Old 12-17-2015, 07:18 AM
FivePointFarms
Melting Slicks

12-17-2015

RE: US FED increase...

The FED will increase routinely over the next couple of years, slowed only if the American recovery sputters.

History shows us the FED regularly tightens for at least a couple years and pop rates more than 2%.

And here in Canada we are doing the opposite...NEVER bet AGAINST the mighty USA...NEVER!

Last edited by FivePointFarms; 12-17-2015 at 07:21 AM.
Old 12-17-2015, 07:43 AM
gdh
Le Mans Master

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

Had more faith in Carney than do in Poloz. This will all likely end badly at some point but when is always the question. We've been hearing end of days scenarios for a few years from some pundits and sunny days from others. The hope for mfg in Onario to come back in a big way due to a low $C is being severely blunted due to Ontario's high electricity rates. Quebec is in a better position to benefit than Ontario. Debt levels in the 35 to 55 age group are frightening.
I would imagne that most of us on here would have an investment portfolio incl RRSP/TFSA excluding home well north of $500 k. I hope that the mkts generate a better rtn for 2016 than they did for the last 5 months of 2015.

Last edited by gdh; 12-17-2015 at 07:47 AM.

Quick Reply: Remember to Vote: