Canadian Events Canada, eh?

Looking for T-tops

Old 01-13-2016, 12:15 AM
tysonsbeak
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Looking for T-tops

Looking for matching set glass t-tops in excellent condition for 1980 vette. Blue M1131's preferred but will consider others too. Thanks.
Old 01-13-2016, 08:21 AM
stclarke
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I wish you luck... they are exactly the same as I have on my vette, and years ago when one cracked up at wasaga it took me months to find one. Finally found one at TM Custom AutoTrim in Toronto. He had a whole selection of vintage tops in the back of his shop. Give it a try.. if not, the only other option is looking in the U.S. either through one of the vendors you can google, or keeping an eye on eBay.

-Stephen
Old 01-13-2016, 10:03 AM
Dodosmike
Le Mans Master

Received 225 Likes on 165 Posts

I bought a whole wrecked car for $1000 and it came with two sets of tops, one being the M1131 blue tops. I got lucky, they were perfect.

James at Northern Corvette in St Catharines (area) has/had a NOS set for sale this summer. I dont know if he still has them or not.

Might be worth a PM to him.

They periodically pop up on Kijiji as well. If a matching set isnt needed sometimes a single top will pop up in the C3 f/s section.

Some M1131 are laminated, some are not. The non laminated tops are more brittle and easier to break. They're also damn heavy, and hot when on the car. I rarely use my glass tops, having them on is like driving in a fishbowl, glass all around you, and the sun baking you.

Good luck in you hunt.
Old 01-13-2016, 11:30 AM
tysonsbeak
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by stclarke
I wish you luck... they are exactly the same as I have on my vette, and years ago when one cracked up at wasaga it took me months to find one. Finally found one at TM Custom AutoTrim in Toronto. He had a whole selection of vintage tops in the back of his shop. Give it a try.. if not, the only other option is looking in the U.S. either through one of the vendors you can google, or keeping an eye on eBay.

-Stephen
Spoke with Tony at TM Custom Auto Trim, Awesome fellow to deal with. Thanks.
Old 01-14-2016, 08:04 AM
Dodosmike
Le Mans Master

Received 225 Likes on 165 Posts

As of last night there's a set on Ontario kijiji for $1300.
Old 01-14-2016, 01:08 PM
blu_c6
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Dodosmike
I bought a whole wrecked car for $1000 and it came with two sets of tops, one being the M1131 blue tops. I got lucky, they were perfect.

James at Northern Corvette in St Catharines (area) has/had a NOS set for sale this summer. I dont know if he still has them or not.

Might be worth a PM to him.

They periodically pop up on Kijiji as well. If a matching set isnt needed sometimes a single top will pop up in the C3 f/s section.

Some M1131 are laminated, some are not. The non laminated tops are more brittle and easier to break. They're also damn heavy, and hot when on the car. I rarely use my glass tops, having them on is like driving in a fishbowl, glass all around you, and the sun baking you.

Good luck in you hunt.
i have used James a few times for my C3 and will use him when needed for my C6. He can usually get what I need pretty fast if not already having it in stock.
Old 01-19-2016, 11:22 AM
1986coupe
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let me check the shop. We have bronze but no blue ones. Located in Niagara Falls.
Old 01-19-2016, 12:11 PM
Maymyvetteliveforevr
Safety Car

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts

I believe a member on this forum (Mooser) has a set. Try and contact him.

Get notified of new replies

To Looking for T-tops

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Looking for T-tops