Canadian Events Canada, eh?

Toronto International Auto Show Coming Up - Vote For us!

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2016, 08:14 AM
AllFlash
Melting Slicks

Received 438 Likes on 239 Posts
Default Toronto International Auto Show Coming Up - Vote For us!

So we made it to the final five and just wanted to put the word out to all that might be going to the Auto Show to vote for us. Grand Prize is $5000 and it is going to a charity directed to those who have served active combat, and their families (not as easy to find just the right one as one might think). Here is a promotional banner they made up for the show....and if I am there...say hi! Love talking Vette...and Vet. Feel free to pass this on to anyone yopu know going to the show.

Last edited by AllFlash; 01-22-2016 at 08:16 AM.
Old 01-22-2016, 08:50 AM
gdh
Le Mans Master

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

Congrats on becoming a finalist, my wife and I will vote for your vette and charitable cause. Do you and your vette represent your personal wrk or a company. Always liked the look of your C7, best of luck and thank-you for your commitment to our veterans and families.
Old 01-22-2016, 09:08 AM
AllFlash
Melting Slicks

Very good question... As much as I use the Vette to promote our company, it is our personal vehicle with purchase and upgrades being from my pocketbook.
Old 01-22-2016, 09:34 AM
raztek
Burning Brakes

Received 242 Likes on 139 Posts

You've got my vote Les...great cause. It's a travesty that those who have served our country are left to their own to deal with the after affects of what they have gone through. Can't believe that our leaders find it acceptable that there are vets in homeless shelters. We may not all agree on the reasons for placing them in harm's way, but that is besides the point. It is our obligation as a country to take care of them regardless. Best of luck and truly hope you come out on top.

Sorry for the rant...don't want to turn this into a politics thread.

Last edited by raztek; 01-22-2016 at 09:36 AM.
Old 01-22-2016, 11:26 AM
FivePointFarms
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by raztek
You've got my vote Les...great cause. It's a travesty that those who have served our country are left to their own to deal with the after affects of what they have gone through. Can't believe that our leaders find it acceptable that there are vets in homeless shelters. We may not all agree on the reasons for placing them in harm's way, but that is besides the point. It is our obligation as a country to take care of them regardless. Best of luck and truly hope you come out on top.

Sorry for the rant...don't want to turn this into a politics thread.
What are you doing about this problem?
Old 01-23-2016, 02:29 PM
AllFlash
Melting Slicks

Myself, Karen, Paul, and Derek would like all to know that a donation of $1000 was made to VETS Canada this morning as we had promised if we made it to the final five of The International Car Show, as can be seen here: http://www.showyourauto.ca/ The donation would have been made regardless if we placed or not and we would encourage any others that might wish to contribute to do so.

We also encourage anyone able to attend the Auto Show in Toronto to do so and vote for us. If we win, the Grand prize of $5000 will also be donated to VETS.

http://vetscanada.org/

VETS Canada is a volunteer-led, apolitical, nonprofit corporation based in Nova Scotia. We aim to provide aid and comfort to Canadian veterans that are in-crisis, are at risk…

Last edited by AllFlash; 01-23-2016 at 02:29 PM.
Old 01-25-2016, 07:54 PM
squalo3
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by AllFlash
So we made it to the final five and just wanted to put the word out to all that might be going to the Auto Show to vote for us. Grand Prize is $5000 and it is going to a charity directed to those who have served active combat, and their families (not as easy to find just the right one as one might think). Here is a promotional banner they made up for the show....and if I am there...say hi! Love talking Vette...and Vet. Feel free to pass this on to anyone yopu know going to the show.
Good luck with this, and I wish you all the best and will throw my support behind you.

Do you know where your car will be displayed, what days do YOU plan on being at the show?
Old 01-25-2016, 08:25 PM
Zeeman28a
Race Director

Received 191 Likes on 117 Posts

Hey Les. I thought the Stage 1 kit included a new supercharger, cam and a couple of extra bits?

http://www.lingenfelter.com/mm5/merc...E#.VqbKxVnF4-o
Old 02-05-2016, 08:18 PM
squalo3
Racer

Les,

I have posted your story thread, in the Canda sections, on both the Camaro5 & Camaro6 Forums, to generate some support for you, from my forum members.

Good Luck, and hope to meet you at the show.

Last edited by squalo3; 02-05-2016 at 08:18 PM.
Old 02-05-2016, 08:30 PM
AllFlash
Melting Slicks

Default Thanks!

Tx much and hope to meet up.
Old 02-10-2016, 06:38 PM
AllFlash
Melting Slicks

Just a last minute reminder to all to VOTE FOR US! All proceeds go to VETS Canada. Our car is situated in the North building with Auto Exotica (as I am still told) and away from the other four contestants in the South building! If you see me...dont be afraid to give me a smack and say hi! I will be there Friday, Sat and it sounds like Monday as it stands right now.

Gotta admit...this is the first time I have really seen the cQuartz Finest shine over the XPEL.

Last edited by AllFlash; 03-31-2016 at 03:09 PM.
Old 02-10-2016, 07:47 PM
JB08
Racer

Received 110 Likes on 73 Posts

Les,

My son and I plan on being at the show Sunday, so looks like we won't run into you, but we will be going to the Exotica show and plan on voting for you. Good Luck.
Old 02-10-2016, 07:50 PM
AllFlash
Melting Slicks

Knowing me, I may be there Sunday as well...who knows right? I will pm if so.
Old 02-11-2016, 07:18 AM
squalo3
Racer

Originally Posted by AllFlash
Knowing me, I may be there Sunday as well...who knows right? I will pm if so.
Ah, just make a week of it, what else is there for you to do?

Get notified of new replies

To Toronto International Auto Show Coming Up - Vote For us!

Quick Reply: Toronto International Auto Show Coming Up - Vote For us!