Canadian Events Canada, eh?

Local differential builders? (for c5/c6)

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2016, 12:04 PM
starsandstripes
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Local differential builders? (for c5/c6)

Are there any local rear differential builders that any of you guys have used or heard of? I'm looking into swapping gears and/or building my current c5z diff. With today's exchange rate, I'm trying to stay away from US shops.

I know the c5/c6 diff's are a little more complicated to change the ring and pinion gears so I'm not sure if all differential shops can do it or not?

Thanks for any help
Old 01-27-2016, 01:46 PM
CanadianVetster
Drifting

Received 163 Likes on 89 Posts

Champion Motors did mine on my C5 Z06

Originally Posted by cottoncandyek
Are there any local rear differential builders that any of you guys have used or heard of? I'm looking into swapping gears and/or building my current c5z diff. With today's exchange rate, I'm trying to stay away from US shops.

I know the c5/c6 diff's are a little more complicated to change the ring and pinion gears so I'm not sure if all differential shops can do it or not?

Thanks for any help
Old 01-27-2016, 03:02 PM
0Rob@ChampionMotors
Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by cottoncandyek

Thanks for any help
We rebuild differentials in house.
Rob
416 751-8047
Old 02-01-2016, 10:19 PM
macs65
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Rebuild

Just had my complete rear end removed and rebuilt, replaced posi clutches, and all internal bearings, installed a composite spring, replaced all the 51 year old bushings with polyurethane and installed QA 1 shocks. Everything blasted and repainted.

All work completed on the bench at Redline Firestone @ Sheppard and McCowan Rd. Have been dealing with these folks for 25 years. They know their stuff.

Last edited by macs65; 02-03-2016 at 05:25 PM.
Old 02-02-2016, 08:18 AM
Pompitup
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I have had work done on my WS6 at Champion for many years with no problems. Rob has a great shop and great people that do great work. He will be seeing my Vette this spring and I have all the confidence that the job will be done correctly and on time.

Get notified of new replies

To Local differential builders? (for c5/c6)

Quick Reply: Local differential builders? (for c5/c6)