Canadian Events Canada, eh?

What’s up with Wilson Niblett service?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2016, 01:19 PM
legalins
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by legalins
Will let you know about service next week. Have an appointment on Monday to get my wobbly harmonic balancer looked at, car has bumper to bumper warranty until 2017.

Got my car back yesterday (Thursday) after having HB replaced at WN under warranty, only paid $100 deductible. Brought it in Wed. morn. they kept it overnight as they had to wait for HB to arrive, not in stock. My 1st time using them for service and over all very happy with the service and repair. Would not have a problem using them again.

RETRACTION FROM ABOVE: a week after the work was completed on the car, it was hoisted up for an oil change and where it was noticed, 1 motor mount bolt was completely missing and the other one about to fall off.

Last edited by legalins; 05-06-2016 at 07:35 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Stickshiftsteve (04-30-2016)
Old 05-10-2016, 04:36 PM
DickieDoo
Drifting

Received 181 Likes on 159 Posts

I used to do ALL my service at WN, but found it was getting expensive.
There was a big staff turn over over the last year or two, Adrian is gone again. I am now dealing with Jim Wilson in Orillia, they have a certified Corvette Tech, GLenn and i make sure i have him work on my car. Jim Wilson actually introduced him to me when i was getting the car. I guess they have lower overhead so their prices are much more reasonable than in Toronto.
On the positive side, WN did host a Spring Tech session and we got to talk to all the mechanics. I may start using WN again in the future, depends on further experiences. A friend of a friend had his harmonic balancer replaced at WN, but a week or two later, it was squealing again.

Quick Reply: What’s up with Wilson Niblett service?