Canadian Events Canada, eh?

OT - any BBQ guru's out there?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2016, 10:10 PM
Airwilf
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Consumers Report Magazine did a rather extensive report on bbq's last year in print & on line.Basically, it boiled down to the quality of the stainless steel used in the bbq.Most people are unfamiliar with stainless specs & wouldn't be able to differentiate a Wal Mart from a CTC from a certified Weber vendor for example.I didn't realize that there was such a large discrepancy in quality amongst the various vendors until we (the wife) did some online research on bbs.Just my .02 worth.
Old 04-26-2016, 05:38 AM
WildWilly55
Melting Slicks

Received 161 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by Airwilf
Consumers Report Magazine did a rather extensive report on bbq's last year in print & on line.Basically, it boiled down to the quality of the stainless steel used in the bbq.Most people are unfamiliar with stainless specs & wouldn't be able to differentiate a Wal Mart from a CTC from a certified Weber vendor for example.I didn't realize that there was such a large discrepancy in quality amongst the various vendors until we (the wife) did some online research on bbs.Just my .02 worth.
Totally agree Wilf---I have a Presidents Choice large range--that is sitting on the deck in the back yard---Chinese Stainless steel---that rusts---and is highly magnetic????? AMAZING!!

Quick Reply: OT - any BBQ guru's out there?