Canada C3 parts

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2016, 12:13 AM
Ryan Menzies
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Canada C3 parts

Good evening Folks,
1st time poster as I just joined this evening. I apologize if this post doesn't follow the guidelines as I have not read them yet.....I will in the morning.

I have purchased a 1972 4 spd 454 car. I notice a lot of parts available here through the members which is fantastic ! If I can't find parts on here would anyone have a suggestion for C3 parts in Canada ? I see a couple places that look good but this is my first Corvette so I am new. Corvette depot and Ken's is what I see.

The car is in sensational condition but it will always need something that is required-good winter work being in AB

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Ryan
Old 08-10-2016, 11:53 AM
Plasticfreak
Melting Slicks

Received 112 Likes on 106 Posts

Come here first if you're looking for anything! This forum is BOSS!!!!!!!

The following users liked this post:
Ryan Menzies (08-10-2016)
Old 08-10-2016, 09:29 PM
Team Lazy
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Whatever you do, if you buy from the Excited States, ONLY ship US Postal Service. You will get dinged for a Brokergage Fee by all the other / non government owned shippers like UPS and FedEx.

For some run of the mill parts you can also use www.car-part.com and search through wreckers.

That sounds like a really really nice car...
Old 08-10-2016, 09:36 PM
RUU
Melting Slicks

Received 107 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by Team Lazy
Whatever you do, if you buy from the Excited States, ONLY ship US Postal Service. You will get dinged for a Brokergage Fee by all the other / non government owned shippers like UPS and FedEx. ..
Not quite true. Corvette Central includes brokerage into their (UPS) shipping prices. Also, Northern Corvette can get you anything from the Corvette America catalogue in addition to their used parts.
Old 08-10-2016, 09:50 PM
Ryan Menzies
Instructor

Default Ty

Thx Lazy and RUU, Plastic as well.

I have a few lists going for parts and whatnot or at least what I want to do this winter. Steeroids is one of them.
Old 08-10-2016, 11:12 PM
0Northern Corvette
Former Vendor

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by RUU
Not quite true. Corvette Central includes brokerage into their (UPS) shipping prices. Also, Northern Corvette can get you anything from the Corvette America catalogue in addition to their used parts.
Thanks for the mention RUU. We also carry products from corvette central as well as many other manufacturers if anyone's looking. Thanks again.
Old 08-10-2016, 11:32 PM
Ryan Menzies
Instructor

Originally Posted by Northern Corvette
Thanks for the mention RUU. We also carry products from corvette central as well as many other manufacturers if anyone's looking. Thanks again.
Northern, I can't seem to find the PM button so I'll ask here; Can you provide a quote for a 1972, 4 spd 454 Steeroids kit please ? It has P/S if that matters. I'm in Alberta so please allow for all costs.

Thx.
Old 08-10-2016, 11:59 PM
0Northern Corvette
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Ryan Menzies
Northern, I can't seem to find the PM button so I'll ask here; Can you provide a quote for a 1972, 4 spd 454 Steeroids kit please ? It has P/S if that matters. I'm in Alberta so please allow for all costs.

Thx.

$2100 even tax and shipping in to your door. Can click on name and hit pm, or can email me at james@northerncorvette.com. Thanks.
Team Lazy (08-11-2016)
Old 08-11-2016, 11:40 AM
Ryan Menzies
Instructor

Thanks James, I have sent you an e-mail.
Old 08-11-2016, 12:38 PM
gdh
Le Mans Master

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

Another vote for James (Northern), great guy who works hard to get us the best prices and service.
Old 08-11-2016, 08:12 PM
Ryan Menzies
Instructor

James was very good and fast with the email reply and quote. I originally declined for the time being due to the Canadian cost with exchange and I have other projects and material for the car I would like to get done this winter. The car arrives tonight..... However, I need to be comfortable and safe in the car as I've been spoiled over the years with new company vehicles.
The engine is going to be replaced as well as some brake work, and most likely electrical/vacuum items.

The steering and a new front suspension should be a priority to me. I'm an auto mechanic by trade - Journeyman in '95 so the "safe" and easy feeling should be paramount.....and I'm picky.

James, let me drive it tomorrow to see how it is regarding the steering. I haven't even driven the car yet. I'll touch base again very soon.

Pic below.

Old 08-11-2016, 09:39 PM
Team Lazy
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Northern Corvette
$2100 even tax and shipping in to your door. Can click on name and hit pm, or can email me at james@northerncorvette.com. Thanks.
Wow! Tip of my cap to you James. Just for fun I went to the Speed Direct website and put one in my cart, with shipping, then converted it to CDN dollars. You are providing one stellar price, tax and shipping included.

I've been stung far too many times by UPS when building some of my projects, but I will say if all your prices are like that, I'll be happy to buy from you. Now how do I get a real paper catalogue to read in my washr.....uh, office?
Old 08-11-2016, 09:56 PM
Ryan Menzies
Instructor

I tried to post earlier this evening but since I tried to insert a couple images it didn't show up here. Not sure what I had done wrong. Anyways...

I declined at first because of the CAD exchange and whatnot. Rethinking it. I have other projects that need to be done this winter so I was weighing the engine and other things but I need to feel safe and be comfy. I've been spoiled with new company vehicles over the years so..yea.
I'm a journeyman auto tech by trade since 1995 and should always put safety (steering, brakes) ahead over everything else.
I haven't driven the car yet as I bought it on visual only. It arrives by enclosed trailer tonight.

James, I will drive it tomorrow and touch base with you. I know I want the stock system gone but I was trying to prioritize the car...the new garage starting (permit permitting) etc.

\cheers

Ryan
Old 08-11-2016, 09:58 PM
Ryan Menzies
Instructor

Ok now it works...and fast. Sorry for the multiple messeges instead of one compact one/
Old 08-11-2016, 09:59 PM
0Northern Corvette
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Team Lazy
Wow! Tip of my cap to you James. Just for fun I went to the Speed Direct website and put one in my cart, with shipping, then converted it to CDN dollars. You are providing one stellar price, tax and shipping included.

I've been stung far too many times by UPS when building some of my projects, but I will say if all your prices are like that, I'll be happy to buy from you. Now how do I get a real paper catalogue to read in my washr.....uh, office?
Thanks, we appreciate it. We mainly just use corvette America catalog and convert it to cdn dollars when ordering. Can send you the corvette america catalog if wanted.
Old 08-12-2016, 01:11 PM
gdh
Le Mans Master

Ryan, make sure that you post any questions that you make have over in the C3 Tech area of the forum. Guys like Mooser ('72 bb coupe) and Alan71 likely know more about these cars than GM ever did, well at least put them back together better than any that came off the line. Your vette looks great, welcome to the C3 community.
Ryan Menzies (08-12-2016)
Old 08-13-2016, 01:08 PM
Ryan Menzies
Instructor

Will do GDH. I'm currently going through a few manuals but struggling to find a couple of things related to wiring schematics.

Cheers,

Ryan
Old 08-13-2016, 01:19 PM
gdh
Le Mans Master

i can send you th 72 wire schematics in pdf if you want. Pm me your email.
Old 08-23-2016, 11:27 AM
stclarke
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Another ++ For James at Northern Corvette !

I needed rear end parts, he had them in stock, great prices and shipped next day. Saved me a trip to CBI, customs and all that other fun stuff ;-)

I also needed some bushings last minute, and he was more than accomodating and helpful

I now have a new go-to place for parts !

-Stephen

Last edited by stclarke; 08-23-2016 at 11:29 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Canada C3 parts

Quick Reply: Canada C3 parts