Canadian Events Canada, eh?

Why no cruises this year

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2016, 10:30 AM
Cdn UFO
Melting Slicks

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Default Why no cruises this year

There has only being 2 cruises this year Webbers and Niagra, I can't think of any other. This is because someone told Stan to stop setting up cruises and give other people a chance, but I don't see anyone else posting cruises. Come on Stan forget them. They are just jelous because your cruises turn out so good. So come on and set up some late summer and fall cruise. Idon't think people understand how much work is involved in setting up and running a cruise. If you want to get out and cruise post a reply, and maybe say thanks Stan. I'm sure most of you have been on one of Stans cruises or at least know about them.

Thanks Stan for the cruises you have done they where great, hope you do more this year.

Last edited by Cdn UFO; 08-10-2016 at 10:34 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Cdn UFO:
corrado (08-10-2016), WildWilly55 (08-10-2016)
Old 08-10-2016, 11:17 AM
corrado
Le Mans Master

Received 218 Likes on 114 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

WHO told Mr Stan (THE MAN!) to stop doing cruises?!?! I missed that. When was this?!?!

I don't see anyone else organizing cruises and yes, it is a ton of work, sometimes thankless too, but Stan ALWAYS does a great job and I am very thankful for all his cruises! I can't always do the day cruises but have gone on almost every HDR from the start and always the funnest night of the week, all thanks to Stan.

Stan, I don't know what idiot said to stop, but do NOT listen to them. Don't let anyone tell you what you can or can't do, we love you!
Old 08-10-2016, 12:47 PM
Cdn UFO
Melting Slicks

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by corrado
WHO told Mr Stan (THE MAN!) to stop doing cruises?!?! I missed that. When was this?!?!

I don't see anyone else organizing cruises and yes, it is a ton of work, sometimes thankless too, but Stan ALWAYS does a great job and I am very thankful for all his cruises! I can't always do the day cruises but have gone on almost every HDR from the start and always the funnest night of the week, all thanks to Stan.

Stan, I don't know what idiot said to stop, but do NOT listen to them. Don't let anyone tell you what you can or can't do, we love you!
Yea Stan told me and a couple hdr people a while back when we asked why no cruises but never said who. Pee on them I say cruise on
Old 08-10-2016, 01:11 PM
WildWilly55
Melting Slicks

Received 161 Likes on 92 Posts

Stan knows better than to listen to people like that--I remember when Stan was vetteless---someone had the nerve to say on this forum--why are you doing cruises in a Dodge Durrango!!--and at that time there was no one to step up to the plate to take the time to set up and organize a cruise!!---Rock on Stan !!!!
Old 08-10-2016, 01:40 PM
PaulUptime
Melting Slicks

Received 182 Likes on 115 Posts

The moment someone carelessly says something stupid we shut out all the good plans? Meh... don't give the whiny winces a moment's thought.

It's always a challenge to bring people together, but Stan does that better than most, has earned his recognition and can be proud of it. The Christmas party was a big success, and the last time we got to see Bill, too.

So - start planning stuff if you want to cruise. If you're not sure, just ask Stan's advice. I'm sure he'd gladly share.

Speaking of which, anyone make it out to that Corvette dude who owns the hotel nr Lake Huron? Forget exactly where, but that would be a good one - specially in the fall when you can stay over and enjoy the still warm beaches, spectacular sunsets and cooler evenings.
Old 08-10-2016, 01:58 PM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Received 899 Likes on 700 Posts

Set one up Randy
Old 08-10-2016, 03:26 PM
RedZ4me
Le Mans Master

Received 421 Likes on 256 Posts

My home construction started this year - too busy but am ticked I'm not enjoying the car enough - especially considering what we pay in insurance rates. I'm trying to join but yes, seems fewer set up this year.
Old 08-10-2016, 04:18 PM
Zeeman28a
Race Director

Received 191 Likes on 117 Posts

It was "suggested" that I give others a chance to organize a cruise, instead of me posting something up every other weekend. So that is what I am doing this year. Instead of complaining about who told what to whom, why not use that energy to post up a cruise.

I know Bruce has tried, Al has tried, even Frank from Tottenham has tried, albeit on the HDR Facebook page, to setup a cruise.

There really isn't a lot of work involved as far as I'm concerned. All I do is pick a day, usually a Saturday (one advantage to being an organizer is I can pick a day that I am free on to do a cruise, but I tend to stay away from long weekends, and Fathers/Mothers Day, and other scheduled events like Carlisle and Woodward), do a search on the forum to see if anything is going on that day, if not, pick a time and a meet up spot, like a Tim Hortons, gas station, or a mall parking lot or whatever, and pick a destination, like Webers or Niagara Falls or The Big Apple or Gravenhurst, etc and then post it on the forum and the Facebook HDR, but don't post it as a question.

You've all been on enough cruises over the years to know some routes. And if you don't know, ask me or ask on the forum. Between me and the other cruise organizers and participants, I'm sure we all have routes we'd be willing to share. And google maps and streetview can be very useful tools. Helps to have NAV in the car too.

About the only extra thing I do is if I'm unsure of a route, I will try to run it a week or so before the cruise to test it out.

Christmas dinner that I've organized twice now does require a little more effort to find a place that will accommodate us but once done, it's done except for the waiting. And I like to do just that little bit extra with the Poinsettias and the chocolate on the tables, but that's my choice.

What makes these events a success is not just my organizing them, but it's that you people attend them. And you've all become friends, some even real close friends. And that is the icing on the cake.

So now, let's go

The following 5 users liked this post by Zeeman28a:
DDP (08-10-2016), Efx (08-11-2016), Mickman (08-10-2016), walleyejack (08-10-2016), WildWilly55 (08-11-2016)

Get notified of new replies

To Why no cruises this year

Quick Reply: Why no cruises this year