NEW DATE - details inside - Fall Muskoka Cruise - Saturday, October 15, 10:30am

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2016, 08:04 AM
Zeeman28a
Race Director

Received 191 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by Black 03 Z06
Get to see Al in spandex
Ewwww. Didn't really need that image at 8am Murray.
Old 09-13-2016, 08:28 AM
DDP
Burning Brakes

Received 75 Likes on 65 Posts

Hi Faraz. Hate to be negative but the forecast for Saturday isn't looking good right now. my son Anthony uses a wheelchair and the restaurant could only seat us on the patio which would be great if the weather was nice. Is there a rain date or is it just set for Saturday?
Old 09-13-2016, 09:15 AM
raztek
Burning Brakes

Received 242 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by DDP
Hi Faraz. Hate to be negative but the forecast for Saturday isn't looking good right now. my son Anthony uses a wheelchair and the restaurant could only seat us on the patio which would be great if the weather was nice. Is there a rain date or is it just set for Saturday?
Hi David, I did have a rain date but have decided that regardless the cruise will take place on the 17th itself as the Walk is soon after. And right now it is showing as raining on both days this weekend. From friends who are up in cottage country quite a bit, my understanding is that the weather shifts faster than Al in Spandex on a 27 gear bike! As such, it is kinda useless trying to think about when/if the weather will be good.

Regarding Anthony's needs, please give me a call (PM'd you my number), as I went this past weekend and looked at the restaurant and can provide you with my thoughts. Ideally, I would to like ensure Anthony feels included in our group (including at lunch), so if there is anything we can do to make that happen, let's figure it out.

Faraz

Last edited by raztek; 09-14-2016 at 04:02 PM.
Old 09-13-2016, 09:35 AM
corrado
Le Mans Master

Received 218 Likes on 114 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

This is a great cause Pokar-I mean Faraz! I should be able to make it, if not will donate on Thursday night.
Old 09-13-2016, 09:55 AM
raztek
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by corrado
This is a great cause Pokar-I mean Faraz! I should be able to make it, if not will donate on Thursday night.
Awesome, thanks for your support Corrado!
Old 09-13-2016, 10:08 AM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Received 899 Likes on 700 Posts

i can t make it Sunday, but will see you Thursday "F"
Old 09-13-2016, 10:23 AM
JB08
Racer

Received 110 Likes on 73 Posts

I won't be able to make it on the Sunday. If it is Sunday, I'll make my donation online.
Old 09-13-2016, 10:50 AM
Zeeman28a
Race Director

Originally Posted by walleyejack
i can t make it Sunday, but will see you Thursday "F"
I thought you were "done" with us?
Old 09-13-2016, 10:52 AM
raztek
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Zeeman28a
I guess he is coming out for a last hoorah!
Old 09-13-2016, 10:56 AM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Zeeman28a
who said that ????
Old 09-13-2016, 11:00 AM
Zeeman28a
Race Director

Originally Posted by walleyejack
who said that ????
You did in your it's been a slice thread. Took that to mean you are leaving.

Old 09-13-2016, 11:26 AM
RAGGDOLL
Le Mans Master

Received 94 Likes on 53 Posts
Toronto Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by raztek
I guess he is coming out for a last hoorah!
Mustangs are allowed? Thought this was the Corvette Forum
Old 09-13-2016, 12:08 PM
Black 03 Z06
Le Mans Master

Received 540 Likes on 390 Posts

Hi David, I do have a rain date the next day (Sunday) as the Walk is taking soon after. And right now it is showing as raining on both days. From friends who are up in cottage country quite a bit, my understanding is that the weather shifts faster than Al in Spandex on a 27 gear bike! As such, would like to wait a few days before changing dates.

Regarding Anthony's needs, please give me a call (PM'd you my number), as I went this past weekend and looked at the restaurant and can provide you with my thoughts. Ideally, I would to like ensure Anthony feels included in our group (including at lunch), so if there is anything we can do to make that happen, let's figure it out.

Faraz
There is a ramp up to the patio at Rhubarb, inside the restaurant there is a flight of wide stairs, I think maybe five. Once you get to the top of the stairs it is wide open and would not be an issue for a wheelchair. Surely there will be enough of us to lift your son and his chair to the top of the stairs. We really don't want to exclude him in anyway. I am not sure about the washrooms but hopefully this can work.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.
Old 09-13-2016, 12:17 PM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Black 03 Z06
There is a ramp up to the patio at Rhubarb, inside the restaurant there is a flight of wide stairs, I think maybe five. Once you get to the top of the stairs it is wide open and would not be an issue for a wheelchair. Surely there will be enough of us to lift your son and his chair to the top of the stairs. We really don't want to exclude him in anyway. I am not sure about the washrooms but hopefully this can work.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.
if Dave can get him there, we can get him inside, would be a great adventure for him, hope he can make it.
Old 09-14-2016, 12:02 PM
raztek
Burning Brakes

David, I talked with the restaurant and they have a pretty nice screened in front area that we can use as well that should be easy access for a wheelchair. They had mentioned saving the back half of the restaurant that overlooks the lake for our folks. So, I think we will be fine either way and as Murray and Al mentioned we should have enough manpower to get Anthony up the 5 or 6 steps into the main area. Will obviously defer to what you feel is appropriate.

Looks like the forecast is for rain this weekend and given that many have said Sunday is not possible for them, i am calling it a go for Saturday and consider the rain as a prewash soak for us all LOL. Hopefully, the weatherman is wrong and the sun comes out for us.

Thanks again to all that are going to participate. I already have ideas for next year as well - going to get in touch with SickKids Foundation on them!!!

Faraz

Last edited by raztek; 09-14-2016 at 12:07 PM.
Old 09-14-2016, 01:12 PM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

David, I talked with the restaurant and they have a pretty nice screened in front area that we can use as well that should be easy access for a wheelchair. They had mentioned saving the back half of the restaurant that overlooks the lake for our folks. So, I think we will be fine either way and as Murray and Al mentioned we should have enough manpower to get Anthony up the 5 or 6 steps into the main area. Will obviously defer to what you feel is appropriate.

Looks like the forecast is for rain this weekend and given that many have said Sunday is not possible for them, i am calling it a go for Saturday and consider the rain as a prewash soak for us all LOL. Hopefully, the weatherman is wrong and the sun comes out for us.

Thanks again to all that are going to participate. I already have ideas for next year as well - going to get in touch with SickKids Foundation on them!!!

Faraz

We all know you are a "driver" Faraz, and cars don t melt in the rain, if people let rain stop them from participating because the car will get wet.... well i don t know, i don t want to say what i think.

i was just worried about the Spandex getting wet.

Last edited by walleyejack; 09-14-2016 at 03:02 PM.
Old 09-14-2016, 01:20 PM
DDP
Burning Brakes

Received 75 Likes on 65 Posts

Faraz
Thanks for looking into that for me Faraz, and I would like to thank everyone else who offered their help with Anthony. Feeling blessed to have such wonderful friends with beautiful cars, this is the best "non"corvette club ever. If it rains well I guess we just wash our cars and maybe since Al doesn't have a vette anymore he can by my house with his new Prius and wash mine. Thanks again we are really looking forward to this. Also Faraz add my brother in law Paul to the list.

Last edited by DDP; 09-14-2016 at 07:20 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To NEW DATE - details inside - Fall Muskoka Cruise - Saturday, October 15, 10:30am

Old 09-14-2016, 01:36 PM
raztek
Burning Brakes

Will add Paul. Not worried at all about the turnout. Should be fun...I remember the mad scramble when the downpour came on the Niagara cruise last year - no one cared if the cars got wet, were more concerned about their clothes LOL - that was a great day and the rain just added to the adventure!!!

At the end of the day we are all blessed to be healthy and a part of this great group of people. The real objective for Saturday is to help support kids that are not so fortunate, so yeah let it rain, let it shine or let it snow...consider this cruise a go, go, GO!!!

Last edited by raztek; 09-14-2016 at 01:42 PM.
Old 09-14-2016, 01:44 PM
Efx
Pro

Received 249 Likes on 124 Posts
2021 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Won't be able to make it for the cruise, but will make a donation on HDR night.

My daughter was at sick kids and we experienced nothing short of miracle work there.
Old 09-14-2016, 02:01 PM
raztek
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Efx
Won't be able to make it for the cruise, but will make a donation on HDR night.

My daughter was at sick kids and we experienced nothing short of miracle work there.
Thanks Max. My wife works in the cleft lip and pallette team and from everything she can share with me, we are really blessed to have this amazing hospital so close to us. As a SickKids parent, I know first hand what a special and important place it is.

Last edited by raztek; 09-14-2016 at 02:09 PM.

Quick Reply: NEW DATE - details inside - Fall Muskoka Cruise - Saturday, October 15, 10:30am