Canadian Events Canada, eh?

Costco fuel

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2016, 09:27 AM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Received 899 Likes on 700 Posts

Originally Posted by Black 03 Z06
Wait till Broom Hilda gets her MMGW tax added in January. The shape of things to come. Won't do a thing for the planet but will fill the treasury so even more $ can be wasted.
wait a minute, they have to think of their retirement pension, can t retire with no income. keep driving and keep the economy moving.
Old 12-03-2016, 06:40 AM
PaulUptime
Melting Slicks

Received 182 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian71
The price of gas must be going up. The line for gas at The Queensway Costco was backed on to the street. It would have been easily a 30 minute wait. The whole area was jammed.
Yes, saw that. Very grateful the closest station to me happens to be that Queensway Costco, and I'm an early riser. By 7:30 Thursday morning, was able to get three of our vehicles up and through, plus a 20l jug for the snowblower, and once had just one person ahead of me.
Old 12-04-2016, 04:36 PM
Brian71
Burning Brakes

Received 71 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by PaulUptime
Yes, saw that. Very grateful the closest station to me happens to be that Queensway Costco, and I'm an early riser. By 7:30 Thursday morning, was able to get three of our vehicles up and through, plus a 20l jug for the snowblower, and once had just one person ahead of me.
Yeah, I'm 5 minutes from there. It's always empty before 8 am. Sometimes after 6-7 it's hit and miss.
Old 04-11-2017, 10:47 PM
Brian71
Burning Brakes

I was at Costco on The Queensway today to pick up shop towels. I guess the price of gas is increasing for the long weekend.
They re-configured the line to the pumps today. All cars had to snake through the parking lot. There must have been around 30 cars in line before entering the pump area.
I'm guessing the wait would be around an hour.
What will they save $5?
I think there must be better ways to kill an afternoon.
Old 04-12-2017, 12:20 AM
PaulUptime
Melting Slicks

Received 182 Likes on 115 Posts

I was at Costco on The Queensway today to pick up shop towels. I guess the price of gas is increasing for the long weekend.
They re-configured the line to the pumps today. All cars had to snake through the parking lot. There must have been around 30 cars in line before entering the pump area.
What will they save $5?
I figured it would be nutz there today.

On principal can't refuse $1.04 on regular and doubt we'll see that again. GF's car was empty and so were the 5 20l jugs I also filled, so now my spring stockpile is in place. Popped over there just before 7 this morning and had just one car ahead of me. Figure I saved about $25 vs today's hike, and was back by 7:15.

Pays to be an early riser / afternoon napper!

Last edited by PaulUptime; 04-12-2017 at 12:21 AM.
Old 04-12-2017, 06:58 AM
Patman
Race Director

Received 1,918 Likes on 1,190 Posts

What will they save $5?
You can save a lot more than that. The other day I calculated the difference on a full tank in my Corvette at Shell vs a full tank at Costco was a savings of almost $18 at Costco! And it's never taken me an hour to get fuel there no matter how long the line is, it moves faster than you think and the typical wait time is 10-15 minutes at the busiest time. Out of principal alone I hate giving more money to the gas companies than necessary, so anytime I'm near a Costco gas station I get fuel.

Last edited by Patman; 04-12-2017 at 06:58 AM.
Old 04-12-2017, 10:59 AM
mracer
Pro

Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

Always fill my Vette up with Costco fuel! Never had an issue.
mike
Old 04-12-2017, 08:00 PM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

ditto
Old 04-12-2017, 08:25 PM
RAGGDOLL
Le Mans Master

Received 94 Likes on 53 Posts
Toronto Events Coordinator

I'm burning up CT 91 in my pig of a V and loving' every minute of it

Old 04-12-2017, 11:41 PM
Brian71
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Patman
You can save a lot more than that. The other day I calculated the difference on a full tank in my Corvette at Shell vs a full tank at Costco was a savings of almost $18 at Costco! And it's never taken me an hour to get fuel there no matter how long the line is, it moves faster than you think and the typical wait time is 10-15 minutes at the busiest time. Out of principal alone I hate giving more money to the gas companies than necessary, so anytime I'm near a Costco gas station I get fuel.
They re-configured the line yesterday forcing cars to drive around the perimeter of the parking lot. The line also went through an aisle of parking spots causing further gridlock.
So once you snaked through that line you wound up at he pump area with the 6-8 separate lines. Yesterday you'd have waited an hour.
Normally you're there 15-20 minutes.
Today the pumps were empty.
Old 04-13-2017, 11:11 AM
cpetruzzi
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They re-configured the line yesterday forcing cars to drive around the perimeter of the parking lot. The line also went through an aisle of parking spots causing further gridlock.
So once you snaked through that line you wound up at he pump area with the 6-8 separate lines. Yesterday you'd have waited an hour.
Normally you're there 15-20 minutes.
Today the pumps were empty.
I agree with you. I hate to wait on long lines. Our Costco is about 15 cents per gallon cheaper than other brands so even if I'm really low and I get 15 gallons that's $2.25 extra to pass up the long line.
Old 04-13-2017, 11:32 AM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by cpetruzzi
I agree with you. I hate to wait on long lines. Our Costco is about 15 cents per gallon cheaper than other brands so even if I'm really low and I get 15 gallons that's $2.25 extra to pass up the long line.
here, it is .10 litre difference, which is approx .40 gallon, which equates to about .54 US per gallon.
Old 04-14-2017, 08:11 AM
cpetruzzi
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by walleyejack
here, it is .10 litre difference, which is approx .40 gallon, which equates to about .54 US per gallon.
Wow. That's a big difference. I might wait a bit longer for that much savings.
Old 04-14-2017, 08:40 AM
RAGGDOLL
Le Mans Master

Received 94 Likes on 53 Posts
Toronto Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by cpetruzzi
Wow. That's a big difference. I might wait a bit longer for that much savings.
He really did the math on that eh?

Quick Reply: Costco fuel