Default Trump POTUS!!!!

What say you, good for Canada or bad?

Popular Reply

11-10-2016, 08:24 AM
corrado
Le Mans Master

Received 218 Likes on 114 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

The sky is NOT falling. Trump is NOT the Anti-Christ.

I actually think he will do good for our American friends. Sure, he is boisterous, opinionated, unpolished (at times) and has said some dumb things but he IS a smart man, and a businessman. I will take a successful businessman/woman over a career politician ANYDAY.

As for Canada, he is not an idiot. He realizes Canada and US have a great relationship. When he talks about NAFTA, he is mostly concerned with Mexico.

As for all the media pundits and pollsters still saying they are "shocked at the upset win", how uniformed and clueless are they?!?! I am no political expert by any means, but I have been saying Trump would win for many months. Almost every American I know (customers and aquiantences, also talking to Americans in Carlisle all said they were voting Trump. They were tired of the status quo, and the elite running the show, both Democrats AND Republicans. Sure, it's annecdotal, but it was so clear to me, so how do these "experts" think it was such an upset?

America was ready for a female President, but not Hilary. She was NOT good, too many skeletons in the closet and honestly doesn't seem genuine in my opinion. Also, an election should never be decided by gender or race, or even how "popular" the person is, the policies ar what matters.

The people have voted, even Obama said give him a chance. This is how our society works. Let the process work.
Old 11-09-2016, 06:51 AM
Patman
Race Director

Received 1,918 Likes on 1,190 Posts

Bad for everyone! Just look at how the entire world's stock markets are reacting to this insane news. The Americans have lost their mind and elected a complete lunatic with absolutely no experience in politics. What were they thinking? This can't possibly end well. How could they trust this egomaniac with the key to the White House (and access to nukes!)
Old 11-09-2016, 07:17 AM
RAGGDOLL
Le Mans Master

Received 94 Likes on 53 Posts
Toronto Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by Patman
Bad for everyone! Just look at how the entire world's stock markets are reacting to this insane news. The Americans have lost their mind and elected a complete lunatic with absolutely no experience in politics. What were they thinking? This can't possibly end well. How could they trust this egomaniac with the key to the White House (and access to nukes!)
Try posting that over at PRC. They will hang you out to dry, worse than when Mark congratulated them on Obamas nomination
Old 11-09-2016, 08:55 AM
FivePointFarms
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It is about time to Make America Great Again!!!

Enough of the liberal (Canadian) political correct BS.

The liberal blood suckers will be dealt with swiftly.

Last edited by FivePointFarms; 11-11-2016 at 08:37 AM.
Old 11-09-2016, 08:55 AM
gdh
Le Mans Master

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

Keystone may go ahead albeit with a potential large tax placed on the Cdn oil. The US has chosen to ignore aspects of NAFTA for years ie. softwood lumber, cdn steel. Maybe Mexico's cost to remaining in NAFTA is having It build the wall and restrict big$ imports such as autos into the US to help repatriate those auto jobs to the US. He's also talking about reinflation with the huge infrastructure build agenda, which will find its way over our boarder by way of higher interest rates.
Our immigration site crashed around 8 pm last night. Wynne and the rest of our political leaders had better understand that there is a lot of underlining anger in our country as well. The make-up of his cabinet and first policy stmnts this Jan and Feb will be very telling as to how much potential pain he could inflict on Canada. Can't see a 4% growth in his 1st yr. Hopefully this over the top political correctness has gone the way of Hilary.
Old 11-09-2016, 10:24 AM
36couper
Pro

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

we need tone down Trump to lead Canada rather than the idiotic, entitled, petulant child we have now.
Old 11-09-2016, 07:43 PM
Z06 1of38
Drifting

Received 677 Likes on 333 Posts

And now that the chicken littles have calmed down, the markets are a way up.

1000 point swing today.
Old 11-09-2016, 08:06 PM
7t2vette
The ORIGINAL and bestest
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 234 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by 36couper
we need tone down Trump to lead Canada rather than the idiotic, entitled, petulant child we have now.

Kevin O'Leary for Prime Minister!!!!

Originally Posted by Z06 1of38
And now that the chicken littles have calmed down, the markets are a way up.

1000 point swing today.
The following users liked this post:
36couper (11-10-2016)
Old 11-09-2016, 08:49 PM
JB08
Racer

Received 110 Likes on 73 Posts

If Trumps takes a CEO style to the presidency then he may just delegate most decisions to Mike Pence, Rudy Giuliani and Chris Christie. While they are not exactly middle of the road politicians they my just be traditional enough to allow for Canada to continue to have some sort of trade agreement with the US. Also, as noted before a Trump administration will be good for our oil and gas and pipeline industries. The Paris accord is dead and no question our carbon industry will benefit. Where I am really unsure is the whole question of NATO and NORAD. Will Trump demand Canada pay 'it's fair share'? No doubt we've had a free ride on our defence agreements with the US.

Last edited by JB08; 11-09-2016 at 08:50 PM.
Old 11-09-2016, 09:54 PM
tfi racing
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Yeah,go ahead,tell us how much better the hildabeast as president would be as the puppet for George Soros and his merry band of globalists. Their one world government and world police force agenda with even more of the world's wealth in their control would surely benefit us all so much more...
Old 11-10-2016, 02:56 AM
Patman
Race Director

Received 1,918 Likes on 1,190 Posts

Originally Posted by tfi racing
Yeah,go ahead,tell us how much better the hildabeast as president would be as the puppet for George Soros and his merry band of globalists. Their one world government and world police force agenda with even more of the world's wealth in their control would surely benefit us all so much more...
I don't think Hillary would have been good either, I think America had two absolutely terrible choices to choose from to begin with. It's truly sad that out of a population of 320 million people, these were the two bozos in the running. There had to be a ton of other people out there more qualified to hold the position. This election was the laughing stock of the entire world, what a disgrace and embaressment. I have heard a lot of my US friends say that they went with the "lesser of two evils", in their opinion, and I think it's sad that they had to choose any "evil" at all. The US deserves to have a president they can truly be proud of and Trump is such a disgusting human being and Hillary isn't much better.

At the end of the day I just hope Trump doesn't screw up the great relationship that Canada and the US have

Last edited by Patman; 11-10-2016 at 02:56 AM.
Old 11-10-2016, 08:24 AM
corrado
Le Mans Master

Received 218 Likes on 114 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

I actually think he will do good for our American friends. Sure, he is boisterous, opinionated, unpolished (at times) and has said some dumb things but he IS a smart man, and a businessman. I will take a successful businessman/woman over a career politician ANYDAY.

As for Canada, he is not an idiot. He realizes Canada and US have a great relationship. When he talks about NAFTA, he is mostly concerned with Mexico.

As for all the media pundits and pollsters still saying they are "shocked at the upset win", how uniformed and clueless are they?!?! I am no political expert by any means, but I have been saying Trump would win for many months. Almost every American I know (customers and aquiantences, also talking to Americans in Carlisle all said they were voting Trump. They were tired of the status quo, and the elite running the show, both Democrats AND Republicans. Sure, it's annecdotal, but it was so clear to me, so how do these "experts" think it was such an upset?

America was ready for a female President, but not Hilary. She was NOT good, too many skeletons in the closet and honestly doesn't seem genuine in my opinion. Also, an election should never be decided by gender or race, or even how "popular" the person is, the policies ar what matters.

The people have voted, even Obama said give him a chance. This is how our society works. Let the process work.
The following 7 users liked this post by corrado:
36couper (11-10-2016), 7t2vette (11-10-2016), Black 03 Z06 (11-11-2016), Efx (11-11-2016), OhioDave (12-07-2016), RAGGDOLL (11-10-2016), walleyejack (11-10-2016) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 11-10-2016, 09:21 AM
FrankieD
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by corrado

Perfect "Movement of the People"
Old 11-10-2016, 11:36 AM
36couper
Pro

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Read Conrad Black's article in today's National Post.
Old 11-10-2016, 01:58 PM
Z06 1of38
Drifting

Received 677 Likes on 333 Posts

Dow Jones opened up 115 points. An all time high...just two days after the world apparently ended.
7t2vette (11-10-2016)
Old 11-10-2016, 04:15 PM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Received 899 Likes on 700 Posts

Originally Posted by 36couper
Read Conrad Black's article in today's National Post.
on how to be crooked and get caught ?
Old 11-10-2016, 04:31 PM
7t2vette
The ORIGINAL and bestest
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Z06 1of38
Dow Jones opened up 115 points. An all time high...just two days after the world apparently ended.

Get notified of new replies

To Trump POTUS!!!!

Old 11-10-2016, 04:53 PM
7t2vette
The ORIGINAL and bestest
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by tfi racing
This is a great point; most people have absolutely no idea who George Soros is, what he has already done, and what he wants to do. He is an evil ************ with VERY dirty hands!

Here are 2 links to some info about him, the first one written in 2011, and the second one written this year:

http://humanevents.com/2011/04/02/to...-is-dangerous/

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-0...crisis-and-why

Last edited by 7t2vette; 11-10-2016 at 04:54 PM.
Old 11-11-2016, 06:54 AM
FivePointFarms
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by walleyejack
on how to be crooked and get caught ?
Show me anybody else that took on the US Justice System and won. He was facing 100 years in jail all based on very weak evidence.

The lawyers and accountants and consultants stole the company and about 800m.

Old 11-11-2016, 08:14 AM
Efx
Pro

Received 249 Likes on 124 Posts
2021 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Originally Posted by corrado

Well said. Completely agree with your points.
corrado (11-11-2016)

Quick Reply: Trump POTUS!!!!