Canadian Events Canada, eh?

Wheel cleaner/sealer

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2016, 10:01 AM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Received 899 Likes on 700 Posts

Default Wheel cleaner/sealer

am looking for a wheel sealer after cleaning, have some tar deposits i think on the barrels, can feel them when wasshing, so need to take them off and clean thoroughly and apply a sealer. anyone have good ideas on products, have looked at all the usual, Zaino,Wolfgang, Sonax. don t feel like paying $48.+ for 16oz.

tia
Old 11-16-2016, 11:46 AM
Black 03 Z06
Le Mans Master

Received 540 Likes on 390 Posts

Al, I used Rejex on the barrels of my CCW wheels but it is hard to find here. I would think a really good coat of wax would work just as well, lots of heat can build up there so will anything really last? I don't know.

I used Adam's metal polish 1 and 2 to clean them but if your wheels are coated/painted I am really not sure.

Good luck, the answers are out there somewhere!
Old 11-16-2016, 01:32 PM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Received 899 Likes on 700 Posts

Originally Posted by Black 03 Z06
Al, I used Rejex on the barrels of my CCW wheels but it is hard to find here. I would think a really good coat of wax would work just as well, lots of heat can build up there so will anything really last? I don't know.

I used Adam's metal polish 1 and 2 to clean them but if your wheels are coated/painted I am really not sure.

Good luck, the answers are out there somewhere!
thanks Murray, the Rejex is $48. a pop. i may just wax em up.
Old 11-16-2016, 02:00 PM
0CCW Forged Wheels
Former Vendor

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by walleyejack
am looking for a wheel sealer after cleaning, have some tar deposits i think on the barrels, can feel them when wasshing, so need to take them off and clean thoroughly and apply a sealer. anyone have good ideas on products, have looked at all the usual, Zaino,Wolfgang, Sonax. don t feel like paying $48.+ for 16oz.

tia

White Diamond works great, sealant and polish. $15 at almost any auto parts store
The following users liked this post:
gdh (11-16-2016)
Old 11-17-2016, 02:37 PM
coladin
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I did CQuartz Finest, cost me 200 bucks, while the rest of the car was being done and Xpel, and i'm happy I did with the amount of brake dust this car makes. I can just wipe with my Meguiar's Quick Detailer and they look spotless!

Get notified of new replies

To Wheel cleaner/sealer

Quick Reply: Wheel cleaner/sealer