Canadian Events Canada, eh?

Ron Fellows Corvette Driving School...To be or not to be...

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2016, 04:56 PM
Bob Holinski
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 80 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by 4mysnty
After a week of waiting, Darci confirmed that GM is going to extend my certificate beyond a year and let me participate at the discounted price.

I'm heading down in December for the 19th and 20th. Short little vacation before Xmas.

Can't wait.

Thanks for everyone's input. I'll drop some photos when I complete the course.

Cheers.

Tim
Hi Tim, I just talked to Darcy and I'm also booked in on Dec 19 and 20. She just needs to confirm things with GM Canada but we don't expect a problem. I'm bringing my wife and look forward to meeting you and the rest of the attendees.

Bob
Old 12-10-2016, 01:24 PM
Rodmo
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did the school in November 2015 and it is fabulous; very professional and lots of fun! My wife came with me and rode with the instructors, quite the experience which she really enjoyed. Only problem is that now I want to go back, which at full price is costly! Enjoy!
Old 12-15-2016, 08:21 PM
4mysnty
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Holinski
Hi Tim, I just talked to Darcy and I'm also booked in on Dec 19 and 20. She just needs to confirm things with GM Canada but we don't expect a problem. I'm bringing my wife and look forward to meeting you and the rest of the attendees.

Bob
Hi Bob,
I'll see you there. I'm fly in around noon on Sunday and I have a rental and plan to drive around Vegas a bit. First time to Vegas too.
Old 12-16-2016, 04:18 PM
myc7z51
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 8SPD Z51
Just call Spring Mountain directly, give them your VIN and they will verify the information through GM Canada and allow you to book the 2-day owners course for $1,000.00 U.S.
Well thx for the heads up guys - just got off the phone with Darci and we're booked for May 12-13.

Was going to go in Jan as they have a sweet deal going on right now - but I really wanted to drive down there as I haven't been on a road trip since the '80's LOL

So I don't know why Cdn dealers don't tell their customers about it - 2 days at a 1st class track for $1000USD? Can't be beat -
Old 12-24-2016, 10:31 AM
Bob Holinski
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 80 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by myc7z51
Well thx for the heads up guys - just got off the phone with Darci and we're booked for May 12-13.

Was going to go in Jan as they have a sweet deal going on right now - but I really wanted to drive down there as I haven't been on a road trip since the '80's LOL

So I don't know why Cdn dealers don't tell their customers about it - 2 days at a 1st class track for $1000USD? Can't be beat -
You will have a GREAT TIME! Enjoy the road trip - there were only two of us that drove to our session. Everything was awsome. Unfortunatly during my ride along with one of the instructors mid morning of day 2 my inner ear vertigo showed up. I was able to do the last morning run just before lunch but had to pull the plug to avoid a full on vertigo attack (and potential disaster on the track). I had to drive to Laughlin NV after the day to meet friends and couldn't risk being laid up.
Old 12-29-2016, 09:23 AM
4mysnty
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Great venue

Hi,
Back from Ron Fellows event. All I can say is that it was well worth the money. As they put it...."The car is the classroom"... Learning to track your car in a controlled environment was excellent. Seeing what these cars can do with professional drivers was also amazing...

If you're thinking about going....GO.

Here's a shot of me from the professional photographer on the last day.

Old 12-29-2016, 11:19 PM
The boss
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts

I did it in 2013 whit the zr1 class. Top notch instalations, great staff, in fact everything was awesome. Good you could do it, I am sure you will never forget. I have goose bumps just to tink about it

Last edited by The boss; 12-29-2016 at 11:21 PM.
Old 01-04-2017, 10:29 PM
95ragtop
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Please pass along the information .. Canadians are entitled to the driving school with the purchase of your new C7. We were not sent anything by GM and I went online to chat with GM Canada.

Your discount is for a year from the date you take delivery of your car. GM extended ours to cover the 3 months we were not informed (and still did not receive anything from GM Canada). Understand there is now a new brochure that is to go in the glove box of each new Corvette sold in Canada.

The driving school is terrific with great instruction. There are condos you can rent for 2 nights when available. If your guest doesn't want to drive, they can sit in on the classes, go for a ride along with the instructors, go to the gym or pool. There is also a great massage therapist (Tina) but book in advance.

2-Day Program*
Available for new Stingray, Grand Sport and Z06 owners and designed for drivers of all experience levels.
Over $1500 savings! $1000 USD
**Canadians must call Spring Mountain direct as our VIN #s are not entered into the system
Old 01-04-2017, 10:34 PM
95ragtop
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Also, Ron Fellows gives away a certificate for a 2-day experience at the Corvette Corrals at the IMSA races. A few of my friends have won as well as myself.

Quick Reply: Ron Fellows Corvette Driving School...To be or not to be...