Canadian Events Canada, eh?

Ron Fellows Corvette Driving School...To be or not to be...

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2016, 04:20 PM
4mysnty
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ron Fellows Corvette Driving School...To be or not to be...

Hi guys,

After waiting months to decide to go to Vegas and do the 2-day new Corvette Stingray school, I was told that I was too late and I would have to pay full price.

Does anyone know anyone at GM Canada that I could speak to and see if I can get an exception to this rule.

The voucher is good for 1 year from when you take delivery of the car. It's been about 1-1/2 years for me....

Would appreciate anyone's insight / guidance.

Thanks.
Old 11-22-2016, 05:29 PM
8SPD Z51
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by 4mysnty
Hi guys,

After waiting months to decide to go to Vegas and do the 2-day new Corvette Stingray school, I was told that I was too late and I would have to pay full price.

Does anyone know anyone at GM Canada that I could speak to and see if I can get an exception to this rule.

The voucher is good for 1 year from when you take delivery of the car. It's been about 1-1/2 years for me....

Would appreciate anyone's insight / guidance.

Thanks.
I know that allot of Canadian customers are not being told by their dealers about the program and GM Canada is not notifying the customers either.
You might be in that boat and I would contact GM Canada and advise that you were not notified and they may extend the offer. Worth a try.
Old 11-22-2016, 11:04 PM
AllFlash
Melting Slicks

Received 438 Likes on 239 Posts

Have you called them directly? I would be surprised if the school told you that, especially since Canadians dont get the thank you package with the invitation. I have been there and they spoke of this prior...

Call Jenifer Shaw at (800)391-6891 and explain that you never knew and never received any paperwork as is normal with us Canadians.

http://www.technologyx.com/featured/...rvette-owners/

Last edited by AllFlash; 11-22-2016 at 11:05 PM.
Old 11-23-2016, 09:03 AM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Received 899 Likes on 700 Posts

"they can just sit back in their condo, read, catch some sun and watch their loved one pass."
Old 11-23-2016, 12:19 PM
coladin
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

When I got my car I did not know about it until I came on this forum. Talk to your dealer and see what they can do. I think they should be able to fix this for you.

I'm going this Sunday to drive Monday,
Old 11-23-2016, 07:28 PM
Vernon
Drifting

Received 480 Likes on 338 Posts

Originally Posted by AllFlash
Have you called them directly? I would be surprised if the school told you that, especially since Canadians dont get the thank you package with the invitation. I have been there and they spoke of this prior...

Call Jenifer Shaw at (800)391-6891 and explain that you never knew and never received any paperwork as is normal with us Canadians.

http://www.technologyx.com/featured/...rvette-owners/
I'm with AllFlash...give them a call and have your vehicle purchase information (including VIN) for sharing.

Donna Hammontree was the woman I made arrangements with. She was fantastic; not sure if she is still there.

Hope it works out for you. It's a great experience!
Old 11-23-2016, 11:06 PM
8SPD Z51
Instructor

Originally Posted by Vernon
I'm with AllFlash...give them a call and have your vehicle purchase information (including VIN) for sharing.

Donna Hammontree was the woman I made arrangements with. She was fantastic; not sure if she is still there.

Hope it works out for you. It's a great experience!
Spring Mountain cannot provide booking of the owners school/discount without authorization from GM Canada. You must first convince GM Canada that they should extend the booking time as you had not been notified of the opportunity to attend at a discount within one year of taking delivery.
Old 11-29-2016, 07:42 AM
4mysnty
Advanced

Default Driving School

Hi,
Thanks everyone for your feedback. I'm dealing with Darci at the track and she's looking into it.

I've also contacted my dealer and he's discussing it with their GM dealer representative.

I'm hopeful someone will give me a pass to go. I too would be surprised if they don't give me a pass. I'm sure not everyone goes to this event.

Thanks.
Old 11-29-2016, 09:30 AM
coladin
Instructor

Hi,
Thanks everyone for your feedback. I'm dealing with Darci at the track and she's looking into it.

I've also contacted my dealer and he's discussing it with their GM dealer representative.

I'm hopeful someone will give me a pass to go. I too would be surprised if they don't give me a pass. I'm sure not everyone goes to this event.

Thanks.

Good, I'm here right now at Spring Mountain had a blast yesterday...looking forward to today!
Old 11-30-2016, 09:13 AM
myc7z51
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Are you sure that the discount is extended to Canadian customers? reason being as I just bought my Corvette in August and I specifically asked the salesman about it and he said no...
Old 11-30-2016, 01:11 PM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Received 899 Likes on 700 Posts

Originally Posted by myc7z51
Are you sure that the discount is extended to Canadian customers? reason being as I just bought my Corvette in August and I specifically asked the salesman about it and he said no...
it is, i know folks that have been there with their C7 s.
you need to ask someone above the salesman then.
Old 11-30-2016, 06:58 PM
8SPD Z51
Instructor

Originally Posted by myc7z51

Just call Spring Mountain directly, give them your VIN and they will verify the information through GM Canada and allow you to book the 2-day owners course for $1,000.00 U.S.
Old 12-01-2016, 04:57 PM
myc7z51
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by walleyejack
it is, i know folks that have been there with their C7 s.
you need to ask someone above the salesman then.
Originally Posted by 8SPD Z51
Just call Spring Mountain directly, give them your VIN and they will verify the information through GM Canada and allow you to book the 2-day owners course for $1,000.00 U.S.
Thx for the heads up guys - was just talking to Darcy and she assured me that Canadian customers are good for the discount!

Prolly looking at booking for Jan!

here is the obligatory emoticon ->
Old 12-02-2016, 07:38 AM
4mysnty
Advanced

Default All Booked!!

After a week of waiting, Darci confirmed that GM is going to extend my certificate beyond a year and let me participate at the discounted price.

I'm heading down in December for the 19th and 20th. Short little vacation before Xmas.

Can't wait.

Thanks for everyone's input. I'll drop some photos when I complete the course.

Cheers.

Tim
Old 12-02-2016, 08:41 AM
AllFlash
Melting Slicks

I knew they would take care of you. They have absolutely amazing people working there and it doesnt seem to be in their nature to turn people away, especially when they are the first to tell others like me that exceptions such as yours can be made. The only two things that I know cannot be helped are when you buy used or the car is bought as a business purchase, in a business name...and even then I am sure they have made the odd exception or two.

Remember that you can bring another with you who can stay with you and also partake in everything, just short of sitting in your car during track times; they will sit in with the instructors. My wife had a BLAST.

Also Barrie guy...stay in tough and check out the HDR Crew on FB as we do several amazing runs a year up your way...

Last edited by AllFlash; 12-02-2016 at 08:43 AM.
Old 12-02-2016, 08:54 AM
coladin
Instructor

After a week of waiting, Darci confirmed that GM is going to extend my certificate beyond a year and let me participate at the discounted price.

I'm heading down in December for the 19th and 20th. Short little vacation before Xmas.

Can't wait.

Thanks for everyone's input. I'll drop some photos when I complete the course.

Cheers.

Tim

You are going to love it! I just got back this week and miss it terribly. I still can't believe how hard these cars can be driven! Did you sign up for the Stingray or Z06? I think you can choose anything you want. I have to do the Level 1 now!
Old 12-02-2016, 08:59 AM
AllFlash
Melting Slicks

You are matched with the car you purchased unless things have changed.

Last edited by AllFlash; 12-02-2016 at 08:59 AM.
The following users liked this post:
walleyejack (12-02-2016)

Get notified of new replies

To Ron Fellows Corvette Driving School...To be or not to be...

Old 12-03-2016, 09:05 AM
Bob Holinski
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 80 Likes on 55 Posts

I need to call them soon and book a date to take the course in a Grand Sport. In Tucson for the winter and we will drive our GS to the school.
Old 12-03-2016, 10:44 AM
coladin
Instructor

Originally Posted by Bob Holinski
I need to call them soon and book a date to take the course in a Grand Sport. In Tucson for the winter and we will drive our GS to the school.

That'll be a nice drive! That would be pretty scary leaving in your GS immediately after taking the course in their car! Instant hooligan!!
Old 12-04-2016, 09:00 AM
Bob Holinski
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 80 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by coladin
That'll be a nice drive! That would be pretty scary leaving in your GS immediately after taking the course in their car! Instant hooligan!!
Another reason to bring wife - her screams will bring me back to reality

Quick Reply: Ron Fellows Corvette Driving School...To be or not to be...