Canadian Events Canada, eh?

Mobil 1/dealer issue.

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2017, 11:53 AM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Received 899 Likes on 700 Posts

Originally Posted by Black 03 Z06
Geez Al you should have bought my C5. I take the oil out of the lawn tractor and put it in the Corvette. I proudly (but perhaps not wisely) recycle.

My god dealers can be frustrating people. You would think the flagship of the line would at least get a service advisor/tech that knew what was going on. Can you imagine what they do to cars of people who perhaps are not as mechanically aware?
i wanted to Murray, but wouldn t sell it to me. haha.

i really don t care if i take it in or not, i can get Mobil 1 on sale at CTC. then i know it is in and the proper level.
Old 03-01-2017, 12:21 PM
1500cc
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by walleyejack
you ever check to see how black it gets and stuff floating in it Pat ?
I did the "Ranger" method for a while to get it to clear up. Like most topics, it seems, there's controversy on this one too ... apparently GM says the darkening of the clutch fluid is normal (something about the colour coming from the seals) and there's no need to replace it outside whatever the manual states. But wasn't difficult to do and made me feel a bit better to see clear fluid.

Back to the original topic, how do you know what the dealer's putting in there anyhow? If they're dishonest enough to not follow factory instructions, or to try to make you pay extra for it, who's to say they're not just grabbing the dino oil hose to top it off with?
Old 03-01-2017, 12:38 PM
Maxpowers
Le Mans Master

Received 2,729 Likes on 1,829 Posts

I go to a dealer that has Corvette trained techs (about an hour away from my house). They put in Mobil 1 as a part of the free oil change service. They are also good about not overfilling. Its just annoying I have to go that far.
Old 03-01-2017, 01:06 PM
JB08
Racer

Received 110 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Black 03 Z06

My god dealers can be frustrating people. You would think the flagship of the line would at least get a service advisor/tech that knew what was going on
This Murray, is why I think if Corvette wants to be taken seriously GM needs to make Cadillac and Corvette an independent network. You have the product, but the service level is lacking when basic service is poorly executed. Sure, you'd pay more but at least the service should be more consistent. The C7 is an outstanding sports car and it deserves better from Chevy dealers.
Old 03-01-2017, 03:09 PM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Maxpowers
I go to a dealer that has Corvette trained techs (about an hour away from my house). They put in Mobil 1 as a part of the free oil change service. They are also good about not overfilling. Its just annoying I have to go that far.
where do you go Max,, general area ?
Old 03-01-2017, 06:14 PM
roysvette
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

no correction needed Frank, you are exactly right, i paid for them, indirectly, so why would i not use them ? and the bulletins clearly state, Mobil 1.

Al
Go see Ken Gordon, service manager at Boyers in Pickering. Had my complimentary services done there plus some warranty work. Ken is great to deal with and a Corvette guy. No hassles just great service.
Old 03-01-2017, 06:22 PM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by roysvette
Go see Ken Gordon, service manager at Boyers in Pickering. Had my complimentary services done there plus some warranty work. Ken is great to deal with and a Corvette guy. No hassles just great service.
Thanks Roy
Old 03-02-2017, 10:27 AM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by roysvette
done and done, thanks for the heads up Roy.
Old 03-03-2017, 12:30 PM
Maxpowers
Le Mans Master

Received 2,729 Likes on 1,829 Posts

where do you go Max,, general area ?
Wilson Niblett in Richmond Hill. They sell a lot of vette's
Old 03-03-2017, 05:46 PM
Mad*Max
Race Director

Received 1,500 Likes on 817 Posts
C7 of the Year - Unmodified Finalist 2021

I have had a lot of bad experience with them for the last few years - too much turnover.
The following users liked this post:
walleyejack (03-03-2017)
Old 03-03-2017, 07:50 PM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

OK, thanks too far for now
Old 03-10-2017, 10:48 PM
KAIJU
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

Same issue with Roy Foss Chevrolet..wont put in Mobil 1. Charged me. Chevrolet Canada wont help; they say it's within spec. What dealers are putting in mobil1 folks?
Old 03-11-2017, 07:44 AM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by KAIJU
Same issue with Roy Foss Chevrolet..wont put in Mobil 1. Charged me. Chevrolet Canada wont help; they say it's within spec. What dealers are putting in mobil1 folks?
I had an appointment with Foss last sat. And they assured me mobil 1 would be going in the car. I found a dealer close to me that would do it, so i went there. You should talk to sm.
On a side note gm fill of choice will be Castol Edge, moving away from mobil 1, some factory fills are already Castrol.

Quick Reply: Mobil 1/dealer issue.