Canadian Events Canada, eh?

HELP!!!!!!! Still no starting... I need some serious HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2004, 08:57 PM
PyjamaSam
Pro

Location: At the end of 2 big long black marks on #2 Sideroad and Walkers Line.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!!!!!!! Still no starting... I need some serious HELP!!!

I have replaced the positive cable.... The starter works on the bench, but when it is wired up in the car, I get nothing.... No click. So it looks like I need to deal with the other connections.

I need some help here.

Anybody want a slightly used mostly crap 78 corvette... I feel like just throwing it in the trash.

Damn car is pissing me off. :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad

I am just about to wire up a freeking switch direct from the battery to the starter..... This is really starting to drive me nuts...... @#$$%^%*$*^^((*&^%$^#$^%^&^&*^$#%^&

chris.
Old 06-09-2004, 09:29 PM
stpman
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: HELP!!!!!!! Still no starting... I need some serious HELP!!! (PyjamaSam)

Chris try a remote starter switch and check the neutral safety switch

Steve
Old 06-10-2004, 05:20 PM
gdh
Le Mans Master

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

Default Re: HELP!!!!!!! Still no starting... I need some serious HELP!!! (PyjamaSam)

I imagine that you replaced the fuses, did you check the fuseable links? somtimes it goes without burning through the tape or plastic cover.
Old 06-11-2004, 08:29 PM
arbee
Melting Slicks

Received 542 Likes on 350 Posts

I don't know if this is true for Vettes, but GM vehicles of that era were notorious for the starter switch in the column going out of adjustment. When the key is turned, the rod in the column does not pull enough on the switch to make contact. Maybe give that a checkout. Good Luck.
Old 06-12-2004, 11:17 AM
Ghostrider
Pro

Default Re: HELP!!!!!!! Still no starting... I need some serious HELP!!! (gdh)

I had the same problem once that Greg pointed out. The fuseable link next to the starter below the car will go, without warning and it is almost impossible to find. I replaced them with new heavy duty cable on my previous C3. Good luck

[Modified by Ghostrider, 11:18 AM 6/12/2004]
Old 06-14-2004, 01:56 PM
Bilyk
Drifting

mine was acting up today either
turn the key... and nothing! bad ground i think
Old 06-15-2004, 03:59 PM
PyjamaSam
Pro

Location: At the end of 2 big long black marks on #2 Sideroad and Walkers Line.

Since multiple people have been asking.... I figgure I should post a follow up.

On saturday I managed to get the car to start. I added a remote switch as a back up and used it to start the car the first few times. After that I managed to start the car with the key. Strange.

I also put my deck back in and it was not turning on. I checked the wires going to the deck and the battery was 12v, but the accessorie was 8v... 8v on a 12v car. Hmm.
So it looks like there is somthing wrong with my key switch. So that is where I will be investigating next. But the car starts, and runs. I put 100km on it on saturday.

It feels good to actually ahve it running again.

SO I am good to go for the weekend. Can't wait.

chris.
Old 06-15-2004, 04:07 PM
75Rag
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK, everybody heard that .. Chris is now coming to Lars day so we'll have to pick on someone else.

The whole idea of talking about Chris behind his back and making fun of him and his "runner" is now scrapped.

You will still be allowed to chuckle at the "furnace air induction" but the truly hurtfull and personal stuff will have to wait now til ...... hmmmmm, Wasaga I guess.

Get notified of new replies

To HELP!!!!!!! Still no starting... I need some serious HELP!!!

Quick Reply: HELP!!!!!!! Still no starting... I need some serious HELP!!!