Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Is Zaino a lot of hype?

Old 03-07-2005, 04:33 PM
StevieK
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Is Zaino a lot of hype?

I never used Zaino products before but after reading so much on the forum about how great Zaino is I decided to try it on my new silver coupe. The car was only at the dealer a few days when I picked it up last month and as soon as I got home I put on two coats of Zaino Z-2 Pro with the accelerator and the following day I put on a 3rd coat. Truthfully, I was not that impressed especially after reading so many threads about the product. Today I used Meguiar's NXT Tech Wax and the shine is so much deeper and glossier than Zaino. Maybe Zaino is real good on darker colors but on silver I can't really rave about it.
Old 03-07-2005, 05:03 PM
agentf1
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by StevieK
I never used Zaino products before but after reading so much on the forum about how great Zaino is I decided to try it on my new silver coupe. The car was only at the dealer a few days when I picked it up last month and as soon as I got home I put on two coats of Zaino Z-2 Pro with the accelerator and the following day I put on a 3rd coat. Truthfully, I was not that impressed especially after reading so many threads about the product. Today I used Meguiar's NXT Tech Wax and the shine is so much deeper and glossier than Zaino. Maybe Zaino is real good on darker colors but on silver I can't really rave about it.
Old 03-07-2005, 05:28 PM
StevieK
Pro

I guess you believe the hype also then.
Old 03-07-2005, 06:23 PM
J Z06
Team Owner

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It's all show and all go.

Very easy to work with, blinding shine and excellent durability.

For some, it might be a little bit difficult to get the product(s)...but it's well worth it.

Give it a try.
Old 03-07-2005, 06:26 PM
iceburgh
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'10

It is not hype....it is a very good product. But there are others out there that are just as good IMO
Old 03-07-2005, 06:43 PM
Killrwheels
Safety Car

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by agentf1

This is why the Zaino camp has such a bad rap .... and consistently called zealots. Why can someone not have a different opinion than yours ??? There are different choices for different folks and attacking them only makes you look worse. I can only hope that Sal does NOT condone this type of behavior and cuts back your freebies !

StevieK, I too own a silver car, and although I am clearly more impressed with ProZ2 than former products like Z2 and Z5, I can appreciate there is more than one way to "protect a finish". You might be looking for more wetness, depth, and richness than any sealant can bring to the table, in that case look towards a carnuba. You will apply more often, but most products and Corvettes size make it a small chore at best.
Old 03-07-2005, 06:56 PM
DocToss
Pro

Originally Posted by StevieK

I have used zaino and nxt. I don't believe zaino gives our silver the deep ,wet look it may give othe colors. I was not overly impressed with nxt on the silver either. I have gone back to zaino mainly for the durability of the product. I don't wax the car but maybe 2 times a year, and zaino gives me good consistent protection for that long. Both are good products, but I just feel more comfortable with zaino.
Old 03-07-2005, 07:30 PM
agentf1
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by Killrwheels
This is why the Zaino camp has such a bad rap .... and consistently called zealots. Why can someone not have a different opinion than yours ??? There are different choices for different folks and attacking them only makes you look worse. I can only hope that Sal does NOT condone this type of behavior and cuts back your freebies !

StevieK, I too own a silver car, and although I am clearly more impressed with ProZ2 than former products like Z2 and Z5, I can appreciate there is more than one way to "protect a finish". You might be looking for more wetness, depth, and richness than any sealant can bring to the table, in that case look towards a carnuba. You will apply more often, but most products and Corvettes size make it a small chore at best.
Freebies??? I must be doing something wrong, I pay for my Zaino. Not sure what type of behavior Sal condones and don't really care. If he had said any other product other than NXT I would not have raised the BS flag. I have used both on my silver Lightning and can say the metallic stands out way better with Z2 and I am not going to even mention the reflectivity. It is not a subtle difference either since even my wife was astonished at the difference. I think Zaino sells itself and it or Sal does not need any zealots to do it for him. Probably why you never see any special discounts.

StevieK, did you try finishing up with Z6, that really makes it pop.

Last edited by agentf1; 03-07-2005 at 07:52 PM.
Old 03-07-2005, 07:41 PM
JJU
Melting Slicks

Cruise-In II Veteran

I started using Zaino because I didn't hear a bad word about it anywhere. Prior to May of 2000, I tried everything and even gave up doing research on other products for about 10 years. I let others detail my vehicles. I figured there couldn't be anything better.

Since discovering Zaino I've even converted about 50% of the die-hard carnuaba users in my club. Those who I've converted have a wide variety of years and colors. None have switched back or to another product. I probably will not convert too many more. The reason is that they prefer their "product of choice" or see no reason to switch. (They are not "detail nuts" like me.) I never thought I would ever become a distributor but I believe that strongly in the product.

One of the most objective tests you are going to find is Guru Reports "The Wax Test". They felt Zaino good enough to rate it #1 in 2002. Some will disagree. The report is not hype.

When you talk facts, it's not hype. The way I look at it, some users of Zaino get excited by the results that they have never achieved before with other products. It's easy to confuse enthusiasm with hype when you hear what some people have to say. This is true for any product not just Zaino. When you hear the "zealot" term, it's usually because someone won't or can't explain their opinion properly to the reader when debating their point of view. That's their choice. You have to remember that one person's opinion should not be a reflection of the product. Judge the product by its own merits.

Last edited by JJU; 03-08-2005 at 05:57 PM.
Old 03-07-2005, 07:46 PM
DsC5
Race Director

Originally Posted by iceburgh
It is not hype....it is a very good product. But there are others out there that are just as good IMO
Try a bunch of different products and use what you like. I use different products on each of my cars, as I feel one looks better than the other on a certain color. For example, the vette is Zaino 90% of the time, and Pinnacle Souveran the rest when I need a change of pace. On my pickup, dark metallic red, I use Klasse AIO + Pinnacle Signature. That combo looks better than Souveran or Zaino IMO.
Old 03-07-2005, 07:52 PM
TOGWT
Melting Slicks

Location: Ponte Vedra Beach / London State: Dazed and confused
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The aesthetics of a vehicles appearance is very subjective to say the least, the only best wax or sealant that really matters is what looks 'best' to you...

It really does all come down to; 85% preparation, 5% product, 7% application method and the balance is in the ‘guy’ of the beholder.
Zanio 'hype' I don't think so, is it the 'best' for some it is, are there other products just as good I think so, but they are only what looks good to 'me'...
JonM
Old 03-07-2005, 08:07 PM
StevieK
Pro

I must admit that I never tried the Z6 after the Z-2 Pro. Perhaps this would have improved the results I got after the three applications of Z-2 Pro. I'll give this a try before I pass any more judgements on Zaino. One caveat with the Zaino was that is was very easy to apply.
Old 03-07-2005, 10:20 PM
wildman378
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have used zanio, nxt, and now pinnacle singature and I like the pinnacle signature better than both with NXT coming in 2nd.

I can't stand zanio it has no depth makes the car look plastic looking to me and a lot of others describe the zanio look just as I did.....I can tell a zanio car from a mile away!

I think part of it is since it's harder to get and so many steps people think they're really babying their vette or something compared to going to wal-mart buying some nxt and putting on 1 coat....you might laugh but I really do think thats part of it.
Old 03-07-2005, 10:57 PM
6']['9
Advanced

something that will make a silver vet look wet is Clearkotes Vanillamoose glaze followed by Poorboys EXP. I very rarely get into the Zano BS to be honest with you. I have used it and its a very nice product but then you start hearing all this stuff about x amounts of coats and so on. Oh well, use what makes you happy.
Old 03-07-2005, 11:35 PM
RX4WRK
Burning Brakes

Pinnacle Souveran is simple to use and looks as good as Zaino.

I have tried both and personally prefer Pinnacle.

Coke or Pepsi.
Old 03-07-2005, 11:37 PM
DocToss
Pro

Originally Posted by 6']['9
Oh well, use what makes you happy.
That is the key.We should all be happy vette owners.
Old 03-08-2005, 01:24 AM
DaBoz
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I prefer Teflon!

Get notified of new replies

To Is Zaino a lot of hype?

Old 03-08-2005, 08:13 AM
Kevin V
Pro

I skeptically tried Zaino about 7 years ago before there even was hype about it, in fact I had never heard about it before that. A cyber buddy told me to try it. I figured it would be the same ole stuff. I wanted a great shine, ease of use, durability, protection and easy to maintain. I had tried dozens of products for about 30 years and was never satisfied with any of them, even if they did give a great shine for a little while. I had to go on a trip for a few days and had only 2 coats of Zaino on the car. After the trips the nose was covered in bugs and guts. I freaked when all I had to do was simply spray the car off and they were all gone, I didn't even have to wash it. My car sits out all the time, the Harley gets the carport. The durability and protection from Zaino is WAY past anything else I ever tried. All aspects of a product are important to me and Zaino is the only one that does it all.

It had to prove itself to me. As I said there was no hype when I tried it. It has proven itself to me for years. I, like most Zaino users, will use something else if we can find something we think is better. We just haven't found it in our opinion, which is why we stick with Zaino. zaino has the most loyal customer base out there. There is a reason. Do you think the most **** of us, and most here are, would use something just because of hype. If it didn't do what we want, we'd find something that does.

My son's Z-28 is pewter and it literally looks like you could swim in it and all he uses is Zaino.

Only you can say what is important to you in a product. Shine is subjective. Personally I prefer the shine of Zaino over that of a carnauba. Zaino being 99% optically clear makes the surface and true color come out beautifully.

You didn't mention anything about prepping the surface. I washed with Dawn and did a very thorough claying before I started to Zaino. I could see the difference just from the prep work. Prep work is critical in acheiving the optimum results, regardless of the product you plan to use.

Bottom line, try different products and see what YOU like best. That is what I did, along with most of the people on this board.
Old 03-08-2005, 09:00 AM
agentf1
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '10

I will admit that I thought it was hype for years and then I tried it. I could not believe the difference. This was on my black MB first then my black vette. Since then I bought a lightning and being the perfectionist I am I started testing alot of other products on it and after about a year I broke down and put Zaino on it and AGAIN, I could not believe the difference and this time it was on silver. I will admit sometimes a great product will work great on one car/paint and not work real good on another. I had experienced this year ago with Liquid Glass on my 76 vette and then I got it painted and had to switch to Meguiars #26. So in closing Zaino was the first product I have ever used that was drastically better than everything else and that is why I am so vocal about it. It was somebody just like me that wore me down and made me FINALLY try it and with 3 black vehicles I am glad they did.
Old 03-08-2005, 09:03 AM
agentf1
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '10

Oh, and I should probably add, NXT was my biggest dissapointment and thats why I raised the BS flag.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Is Zaino a lot of hype?