Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

3M Imperial Hand Glaze vs Zaino

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2005, 04:40 PM
Fubarred1
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3M Imperial Hand Glaze vs Zaino

I used to have a 90 Mustang show car and I always used 3M's Imperial Hand Glaze with outstanding results. I recently bought another bottle since I have a toy again. The dealer I bought my car from details his corvettes with some stuff from Germany called Klass? He says it's the best on the market. If anyone has used either of these products and Zaino, how do they compare? My car is black and the 3M IHG product looked better IMO than his $60 for a tiny bottle of wax.
Old 05-04-2005, 04:43 PM
14U2ENV
Melting Slicks

Location: Lino Lakes, MN _________________________ I Figured out how to do this!
St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'06

I use 3M's Imperial hand glaze then top it off with Zaino with great results on my black Escalade.

Old 05-04-2005, 04:45 PM
GS Diva
Safety Car

Received 142 Likes on 79 Posts

I know I'm going to start World War III with this statement, but I've used both Zaino and Imperial Hand Glaze on my Grand Sport. Car looks fabulous with both...I see no difference between the two products!!

o.k., guys...start slamming! I'm ready!

Elaine
Old 05-04-2005, 05:47 PM
RPOZ4Z
Le Mans Master

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran

I don't think the 3M hand glaze offers any protection.
isn't it just a polish?
Old 05-04-2005, 05:50 PM
BNLspeedaddict
Instructor

I vote Zaino....
Old 05-04-2005, 05:55 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by Fubarred1
details his corvettes with some stuff from Germany called Klass? He says it's the best on the market. If anyone has used either of these products and Zaino, how do they compare?
Klasse comes in two flavors, an All-In-One (red) and a Pure Sealant (silver). The Klasse AIO is a favorite amongst all because it has great cleaning, polishing ability and is so darn easy to use. Alot use it alone (as it offers acrylic protection), with a carnuba (which will add wetness and some depth) or with Klasse Sealant. Together they make a very potent combination but the sealant is a little bit of a pain in the rear to remove. It really needs to be put on ultra thin, and needs to cure properly. When done the finish is super durable, super reflective, and pretty much impervious to birdie doo-doo and other contaminents.
http://www.autogeek.net/klasse.html

stop by and check us out, we are an authorized forum vendor and offer an additional 10% off discount. We also carry premium lines including Pinnacle, P21S, Wolfgang, Detailers Pride, and Four Star.
Old 05-04-2005, 07:02 PM
ZaneO
Safety Car

Received 28 Likes on 5 Posts

Zaino and IHG are two completely different products for two different purposes. Zaino is a sealant with outstanding durability. IHG is a glaze with *very* limited durability.
Old 05-04-2005, 07:37 PM
GS Diva
Safety Car

Received 142 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by ZaneO
IHG is a glaze with *very* limited durability.
That may be, but durability isn't an issue for me. I don't think Zaino gives any better a shine...and shine is what it's all about...for me!

Elaine
Old 05-04-2005, 07:38 PM
ZaneO
Safety Car

Originally Posted by GS Diva
That may be, but durability isn't an issue for me. I don't think Zaino gives any better a shine...and shine is what it's all about...for me!

Elaine
That's fine for you...I was addressing the topic originator
Old 05-04-2005, 07:46 PM
bretfraz
Racer

There is no comparing these products, they're so different. I guess one similarity is they both come in plastic bottles with pour spouts and labels written in english. Zaino is Made in the USA and I'd guess 3M IHG is too. You apply each product to auto paint.
Old 05-05-2005, 09:00 AM
Fubarred1
Advanced

I was referring to shine and depth that the product gives. Sorry for not being more concise with my question. While we're on the topic, what products offer the greatest protection to the elements? I enjoy hand polishing/waxing my car on a weekly basis and not opposed to applying a coat of protectant one week and a glaze the next.
Old 05-05-2005, 11:14 AM
ZaneO
Safety Car

That's the things...a sealant and a glaze are COMPLETELY different. A glaze is going to give you a different appearance (somewhat deeper) because it is mainly oils. A sealant will give you crisper and brighter shine.

Zaino has the best durability. The key to protecting your car is to maintain it frequently with a high quality car wash and quick detailer and reapply a wax/sealant as necessary.

Get notified of new replies

To 3M Imperial Hand Glaze vs Zaino

Quick Reply: 3M Imperial Hand Glaze vs Zaino