Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Ibiz Products???

Old 06-18-2005, 05:30 PM
rws.1
Race Director

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

Default Ibiz Products???

I saw a 1960 Red Vert today at the Concours show in Indianapolis. It really popped.
He said he didn't use wax he used Ibiz.
I checked out their site www.ibiz-inc.com
They sell a line of car care products. Anyone used them? any comments about them?
Old 06-18-2005, 07:54 PM
viperZ06
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I use them sometimes. They leave a lot of residue would be my only comment
Old 06-19-2005, 11:39 AM
exceldetail
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Never heard of them...........
Old 06-19-2005, 09:52 PM
Dr. Dan
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by rws.1
I saw a 1960 Red Vert today at the Concours show in Indianapolis. It really popped.
He said he didn't use wax he used Ibiz.
I checked out their site www.ibiz-inc.com
They sell a line of car care products. Anyone used them? any comments about them?
I've got some samples last fall at a show. I've never used it and if you want it, PM me your address and they're yours.
Old 06-20-2005, 09:58 AM
agentf1
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

I would probably attribute the pop more to his prep work and an excellent paint job. Worth a shot though, let us know how it works.

Edit: I just realized what Ibiz is, I see all the time at shows doing his dog and pony show spray painting the hood, setting it on fire etc etc. It is junk, don't waste you time with it.

Last edited by agentf1; 06-20-2005 at 10:20 AM.
Old 06-20-2005, 10:29 AM
exceldetail
Instructor

I was hoping someone with some "real" feedback would explain! Watch out for these gimmick car care products.........They promise this, and they promise that, the only promise they dont make but keep, is you got "nothing for something."
Old 06-21-2005, 12:55 AM
DirtyGlass
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by exceldetail
I was hoping someone with some "real" feedback would explain! Watch out for these gimmick car care products.........They promise this, and they promise that, the only promise they dont make but keep, is you got "nothing for something."

I'll preface this post by telling you, I'm a Zaino user again... This is not a plug.... I bought the IBIZ product at Corvette's at Carlise 3 years ago and I liked some of the benefits the product had to offer. It was easy to use, looked good, and I needed a change from Zaino.

On my older cars, IBIZ cleaned and remove oxidation from the old paint very well. I had not tried the Zaino line to see what results it would provide.

I was sold on the IBIZ Demo at the show to remove paint/overspray from your cars finish. Not sure how he did it, but I figured if I ever crossed over freshly painted road lines, this stuff would remove that paint. This however was not the case. Didn't work, but it will remove light over-spray from paint, but get at it right away.

I also learned from talking with the salesman that the proper way to apply was to use the applicator to put the IBIZ product on small section, wipe immediately and buff for best results. I didn't get great results if I let the product dry to a haze, the "Optical Clarity" wasn't that great, really!

The IBIZ shine was great after applying, but it didn't last. After a few days the car looked dull, even after washing. I've tried all sorts of waxes and polishes, this product was the worst. The car was so dull, my wife even noticed with the IBIZ product.

I have to compare this next finding to Zaino. I have never found a product like Zaino, were squashed bugs just don't stick. I hit the car with a hose and 75% of the bugs just wash off. IBIZ performed similar to the rest of the waxes, you had to scrub to get those suckers off.

That's about all I can think of right now. If your looking for something new, try it, maybe you'll like it.

Get notified of new replies

To Ibiz Products???

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ibiz Products???