Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Zaino Z8 Grand Finale Spray

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2005, 01:38 AM
printmanjackson
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09

Originally Posted by jabez
I think Rejex is up to that challange.
The thread is about Z8 thought, not Z6
Old 07-03-2014, 06:34 PM
GhostC6
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Guys I have a question, I just recently became sold on ZAINO for my Monterey Red C6. The color is dark so spider webbing and swirls and tiny scratches on top are so visible especially with all the pearl in the paint. So I did what the site said, I think I now have 5 coats of Z-5 and 3 coats of Z-2 and love the look of my car now. It never shined so much. It is hard to photograph it if the sun is in the wrong place because it shines and glares so much. A problem I can happily live with.

My question, I like the Z-6, never been wowed by any detailing spray, the Z-6 is better than any I have tried so this brings me to ask this.

Is the Z-8 really that great? When you first used it after you were already amazed by the ZAINO finish, did the Z-8 really make you go wow, a whole new level of beauty. I still see some imperfections in the paint and the one poster said the Z-8 covered the last of his. So I want Z-8 users to tell me if you noticed a little difference or oh man, just wait till you use it, you will not believe it. My purchase awaits on your responses.

Ghost
Old 07-03-2014, 10:08 PM
Kvothe
Melting Slicks

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by GhostC6
Guys I have a question, I just recently became sold on ZAINO for my Monterey Red C6. The color is dark so spider webbing and swirls and tiny scratches on top are so visible especially with all the pearl in the paint. So I did what the site said, I think I now have 5 coats of Z-5 and 3 coats of Z-2 and love the look of my car now. It never shined so much. It is hard to photograph it if the sun is in the wrong place because it shines and glares so much. A problem I can happily live with.

My question, I like the Z-6, never been wowed by any detailing spray, the Z-6 is better than any I have tried so this brings me to ask this.

Is the Z-8 really that great? When you first used it after you were already amazed by the ZAINO finish, did the Z-8 really make you go wow, a whole new level of beauty. I still see some imperfections in the paint and the one poster said the Z-8 covered the last of his. So I want Z-8 users to tell me if you noticed a little difference or oh man, just wait till you use it, you will not believe it. My purchase awaits on your responses.

Ghost
I don't believe Z8 has any filling capabilities so it won't hide your scratches/swirls. I'm not overly blown away by Z8. I think it looks good but I'm happy using Z2 and Z6. It's like anything else though you really have to try it yourself to see if it's worth it.

**edit** I also cut some bottles of Z6 with distilled water to make it go further and I haven't noticed it decreasing the shine any.
Old 07-04-2014, 08:31 PM
Z06Z
Racer

Received 158 Likes on 67 Posts

I have been just as pleased with Z6 as I am with Z8, for the most part. I still use Z8 after a coat of Z2, however, which is only a few times a year.

For me I'd rather have 2 bottles of Z6 than 1 of Z8 if on a tight budget.
Old 07-05-2014, 04:21 PM
GhostC6
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

OK, so it seems to me the popular opinion is that since I have the Show Car Kit, which has several products including the Z5 and Z2 and the Z6. It would be the wiser decision to buy 2 bottles of the Z6 and not waste my time, money or effort on the Z8. That was what I was thinking. I a sold on waxes and things like that but I have never used a detail spray by anyone that made me go wow, the hell with waxing, all I need is this spray. So until Sal and consumers can say, I was amazed at the results from the Zaino waxes but when I used the Z-WOW it really made it look like I had it dipped in liquid glass or something.

So Sal, I will be waiting on you and your chemists to hook us up with the Z-WOW soon, you can use that name but you have to use my C6 on the label...lol
Old 07-07-2014, 11:08 AM
Crusher
Just an Ole Surfer Boy
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NCM Ambassador
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'08-'09-'10-'13-'14

Originally Posted by hcvone
Z-6 in between coats of polish will do a better job with any missed polish removal, Z-8 for the final wipedown, and after washing the car.
Love the Z-8.
Old 07-09-2014, 01:56 PM
AFVETTE
Team Owner

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by mss8022
Yes, I will use Z6 between coats of Z2 because of the cost of Z8. I also used Z6 for cleaning up the car between washes.
That's my MO. My Z8 is now over 3 years old. Wonder how long it's good for? But my go to product is their Z6 Detail Spray. It's awesome.
Old 07-15-2014, 12:40 AM
RACE U
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Louisville Ky NCM Lifetime Member 429 (Member Since 1993)
Received 261 Likes on 182 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13, '16

There are some that complain that zaino does not provide a "deep" enough shine.

I really wonder how many of these complaints are from those that dont use z8. Its understandible, given the high cost of z8.

However, I believe this is the zaino step that adds the depth. On my Jsb vert, I definately see more of the metallic come out after using z8.
Old 08-02-2014, 08:38 AM
Merlinii
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Here is what I believe I know.

Z-6 is spray polymer...
"Z-6™ Ultra Clean contains seven optical clarifiers and our unique wet gloss enhancers" "We highly recommend it for fast, safe removal of water spots, finger prints and light soil from painted surfaces, without scratching."

Z-8 is a spray wax...
"Z-8 Grand Finale™ Spray Seal utilizes twenty-five new ingredients to bring you the highest level of shine, the deepest depths of gloss, the slickest feel, and the most protection available in any detail spray, period. But keep in mind, Z-8 isn't for everyone, and it hasn't been designed for everyday use."

Short version...
I'd use Z-6 for your everyday maintenance quick detailer.
I'd use Z-8 for your Saturday night out/Car show dazzle.

As stated...Yes, waxes can "fill" in fine scratches & swirls.
Old 08-04-2014, 01:52 AM
Grzldvt1
Le Mans Master

Received 635 Likes on 341 Posts

In my detailing shop, we use Z-8 after every coat of polish AND on every car wash we do. It is what separates us from the average detailer/car wash.
Customers are simply blown away with the final result, whether a full detail or just a wash.
Old 08-04-2014, 09:08 PM
AFVETTE
Team Owner

First detail on virgin surface (Dawn and NanoSkin Sponge) one coat of Z2-Pro and Z6. I have some Z8 but just keep forgetting to use it.

This weekend I'll apply my second coat of Z2 and will finish with the Z8.

Stand by for results.

Tom

Last edited by AFVETTE; 09-07-2014 at 08:10 PM.
Old 08-05-2014, 01:57 PM
hcvone
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,767 Likes on 969 Posts

Originally Posted by AFVETTE
First detail on virgin surface (Dawn and NanoSkin Sponge) one coat of Z2-Pro and Z6. I have some Z8 but just keep forgetting to use it.

This weekend I'll apply my second coat of Z2 and will finish with the Z8.

Stand by for results.

Tom
Your car looks GREAT
Old 08-20-2014, 06:04 PM
wolfdogs
Le Mans Master

Location: Stafford VA, home of our wolf den. No house break ins to date.
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

try the Clear Seal (CS) / z6 or z8 trick. if you search, i walked the forum through it a few years ago...it kicks!!!!!!!!!!!and its durable.
Old 08-21-2014, 10:10 AM
SouthBaySurfer
Burning Brakes

Received 76 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by wolfdogs
try the Clear Seal (CS) / z6 or z8 trick. if you search, i walked the forum through it a few years ago...it kicks!!!!!!!!!!!and its durable.
I've tried Wolfdog's trick and it works; it's now the final step any time I detail my cars.
Old 09-07-2014, 08:15 PM
AFVETTE
Team Owner

Originally Posted by SouthBaySurfer
I've tried Wolfdog's trick and it works; it's now the final step any time I detail my cars.
I just applied my third coat of Z2-Pro, a quick wipe with some Z6 and then dug out the 3 year old bottle of Z8 I bought but never used. I also did my son's 2010 Aqua Blue Camaro SS that has never been properly detailed (he in the USAF and has moved a lot) so I tried the Z8 on his car. My jaw dropped when I completed one panel and stood back.

I immediately turned my attention to my LRG Stingray. This stuff is friggin awesome. I'm blown away by it, but what is this "trick" you speak of?

Tom

Last edited by AFVETTE; 09-22-2014 at 11:25 AM.
Old 09-21-2014, 07:38 AM
bigcypress
Melting Slicks

Received 167 Likes on 123 Posts

i think i have less dust accumulate on car using z8 . we leave cover off 2004 during summer . don't think i'll buy z6 next time just z8 . .peace
Old 09-23-2014, 04:28 PM
LD85
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Z8 is all I use for a quick detail the in between washes

Quick Reply: Zaino Z8 Grand Finale Spray