Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

IBIZ Car Wax - anyone use it ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2005, 06:40 AM
Oldvetter
Le Mans Master

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Default IBIZ Car Wax - anyone use it ?

I was just at Corvettes at Carlisle (PA) this weekend, saw a demonstration on IBIZ car wax. I was impressed enough to buy it. But now I am not sure whether to use on Vette or just try it on other cars.
I currently use Meguiers NXT on Vette and am VERY HAPPY with it.

Anyone use IBIZ ?
Old 08-28-2005, 06:59 AM
Eddy C
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was there too. It was fun to watch the different sales pitches. I think it was at the IBIZ booth that my friend picked up on something. The guy offered one thing for $20 and threw in a few extras. Then he offered another thing for $10 and threw in a few extras. Then he took all those products and said they cost over $100...and offered them for just $35. The Adams products looked real good and were easier to remove than the Zaino. But I have a lot of Zaino left and love the shine it produces.
Old 08-28-2005, 08:12 AM
3318C5
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

A friend of mine is a distributer in Miami,Fl and this is great stuf!!!
Old 08-28-2005, 09:31 AM
Joe’s Z06
Le Mans Master

Received 60 Likes on 35 Posts

I have used it in the past and was very happy with the results.
Old 08-28-2005, 10:48 AM
Oldvetter
Le Mans Master

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Why don't you still use it ?
Old 08-29-2005, 04:43 PM
bigred6906
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IBIZ is the best!!....Zaino and NXT cant compare....my black Z06 gets it often
Old 08-29-2005, 07:26 PM
JJU
Melting Slicks

Cruise-In II Veteran

Deleted by Owner

Last edited by JJU; 01-31-2022 at 03:06 PM.
Old 08-30-2005, 09:43 AM
Crusher
Just an Ole Surfer Boy
Support Corvetteforum!

NCM Ambassador
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'08-'09-'10-'13-'14

I found this from another thread and thought it may be helpful for you in forming your opinion on Ibiz.....

DirtyGlass

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by exceldetail
I was hoping someone with some "real" feedback would explain! Watch out for these gimmick car care products.........They promise this, and they promise that, the only promise they dont make but keep, is you got "nothing for something."

I'll preface this post by telling you, I'm a Zaino user again... This is not a plug.... I bought the IBIZ product at Corvette's at Carlise 3 years ago and I liked some of the benefits the product had to offer. It was easy to use, looked good, and I needed a change from Zaino.

On my older cars, IBIZ cleaned and remove oxidation from the old paint very well. I had not tried the Zaino line to see what results it would provide.

I was sold on the IBIZ Demo at the show to remove paint/overspray from your cars finish. Not sure how he did it, but I figured if I ever crossed over freshly painted road lines, this stuff would remove that paint. This however was not the case. Didn't work, but it will remove light over-spray from paint, but get at it right away.

I also learned from talking with the salesman that the proper way to apply was to use the applicator to put the IBIZ product on small section, wipe immediately and buff for best results. I didn't get great results if I let the product dry to a haze, the "Optical Clarity" wasn't that great, really!

The IBIZ shine was great after applying, but it didn't last. After a few days the car looked dull, even after washing. I've tried all sorts of waxes and polishes, this product was the worst. The car was so dull, my wife even noticed with the IBIZ product.

I have to compare this next finding to Zaino. I have never found a product like Zaino, were squashed bugs just don't stick. I hit the car with a hose and 75% of the bugs just wash off. IBIZ performed similar to the rest of the waxes, you had to scrub to get those suckers off.

That's about all I can think of right now. If your looking for something new, try it, maybe you'll like it.
Old 08-30-2005, 10:01 AM
agentf1
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

If I ever want to pour alchohol on my car and set it on fire (alchohol burn super cool) or spray paint my hood and remove it with a polish that is LOADED with solvents Ibiz will be my choice, until then I will keep using Zaino. I cannot believe people fall for those dog and pony shows.
Old 08-30-2005, 05:37 PM
brzman
Pro

Originally Posted by agentf1
If I ever want to pour alchohol on my car and set it on fire (alchohol burn super cool) or spray paint my hood and remove it with a polish that is LOADED with solvents Ibiz will be my choice, until then I will keep using Zaino. I cannot believe people fall for those dog and pony shows.
i'm with agentf, just the sales show(and i do mean show) was enough to make me walk.
Old 10-27-2018, 02:29 PM
Dave Kingsborough
1st Gear

Default IBIZ car wsx

It's nice, the wax goes on well and buffs off well, but the wax doesn't bead up when the surface of the car is wet. Unfortunately, I'm not driving a Corvette.
Meguiars wax works better.
...sorry IBIZ

Get notified of new replies

To IBIZ Car Wax - anyone use it ?

Quick Reply: IBIZ Car Wax - anyone use it ?