Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

light patches on black convertible top

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2005, 09:19 PM
nathaliev
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default light patches on black convertible top

Hi,

This weekend I did a marathon cleaning (clay bar, zaino, etc.)
(can barely bend my rists now!)

Anyway - I cleaned my top with Ragtop cleaner solution (RaggTopp Fabric/Vinyl Cleaner).

I didn't spray the protectant on yet though because I don't know what to do with a few light patches on the top. I thought it was dirt and that it would come off when I cleaned the top, but of course now they show even more now that the rest of the top is so clean.

It appears to be areas where the black color has faded a bit, althought I don't know if that's what it is.

Has anyone else had this problem? What did you use to match the color to the rest of the top?

Thanks
Nathalie
Old 09-25-2005, 11:18 PM
TOGWT
Melting Slicks

Location: Ponte Vedra Beach / London State: Dazed and confused
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For badly stained or neglected convertible fabric tops leave fabric cleaner on overnight, keep damp by covering with a plastic sheet, once stains are removed rinse thoroughly and apply protection.

If the fabric is badly stained or ultra violet radiation (UVR) has caused photo degradation (fading) use Renovo Soft Top Reviver (http://www.convertiblecar.com) a paint-on product that restores faded colour
JonM

Last edited by TOGWT; 09-25-2005 at 11:20 PM.

Quick Reply: light patches on black convertible top