Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

My Zaino Glass Polish review

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 08:21 PM
agentf1
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Default My Zaino Glass Polish review

As into the detailing as I am you would think that I would have used alot of different glass polishes but this seems to be an area that gets neglected alot, at least for me. Well I have heard alot of people say good things about Zaino's glass polish so in my last order I broke down and ordered glass polish and plastic polish, the only 2 zaino products that I have never tried. Last time I washed the car I figured let me give the glass polish a try so I grabbed a mf towel and did my windshield by hand. I was not super impressed, it did appear a little shinier but did not remove any of the scratches or chips, not that I really expected it to especially by hand but I walked away thinking it did an ok job but not wowed like I usually am after applying a coat of Zaino on my paint or something. I guess I did not know what to expect from a glass polish and I did not have any water spots to see how it removed them or anything so other than a little extra shine no major difference. It did go on and come off real easy and left no streaking. Most of the chips and scratches on my windshield are probably to bad to be removed even professionally since I drive this car up and down 95 every day but intend to try it again with my rotary to see how it turns out. Well I really didn't get to appreciate what I did until tonight when I drove it in the rain, my vision was excellent and the wipers worked better than they ever have. I put different things on my windshield all the time like rain-x, Beadx, Adams Brilliant Glaze, etc etc and they all make the water slide right off etc but they are all short lived and some make the wipers leave a haze after they wipe but none of those products made my wipers work as good as the Zaino Glass Polish. It did not make it so I did not need my wipers like some products but it did make my wipers work better than they ever have and the window was crystal clear 100% of the time. In conclusion I am going to have to say it, another AWESOME Zaino product from Sal. If you have not tried it I highly recommend that you do. When I get some time to try it with my PC or Rotary I will let you know how it works with them. I will also let you know how the plastic polish works when I get around to trying it

Last edited by agentf1; 09-26-2005 at 08:54 PM.
Old 09-26-2005, 08:48 PM
J Z06
Team Owner

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have yet to try the plastic and glass polish. Nice write up!
Old 09-26-2005, 09:18 PM
ZaneO
Safety Car

Received 28 Likes on 5 Posts

Glass is soo much harder than paint. If you can feel the imperfections whatsoever, they probably aren't budging. The glass polish is meant more for water spots, etc.

Use it sparingly or it will dust.
Old 09-26-2005, 10:22 PM
Zaino guy
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's possible to remove "slight" scratches with it but it takes some effort and a PC. Good write up!
Old 09-27-2005, 08:01 PM
agentf1
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by Zaino guy
It's possible to remove "slight" scratches with it but it takes some effort and a PC. Good write up!
Yes, my next step is to try it with my PC and then maybe the rotary. I would not expect it to remove much by hand. I should probably also mention that it is proabably a good idea to try it in a small inconspicious spot before doing the whole windshield.
Old 09-28-2005, 03:43 AM
LS WON
Team Owner

Received 271 Likes on 233 Posts

Default I thought the Zaino glass polish was for scratches or spots that won't come out

Does it work better than Rain-X?
Old 09-28-2005, 07:22 PM
Zaino guy
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LS WON
Does it work better than Rain-X?

apples and oranges
Old 09-29-2005, 12:08 AM
Corpsvette
Melting Slicks

Received 177 Likes on 100 Posts

My truck had horrible water spots/stains on the window from sitting on the car lot and the hard water here. I tried everything to include vinegar and water. I finally got the polish and happy to report my windows are spot free and clean so the stuff does work. Smells like mint toothpoaste.

Jim K.

Get notified of new replies

To My Zaino Glass Polish review

Quick Reply: My Zaino Glass Polish review