Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Wax/Polish rating and Rejex review

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 10:41 PM
cerino2000
Le Mans Master

Received 134 Likes on 89 Posts

Default Wax/Polish rating and Rejex review

Thought I would pass on my comments on Rejex and compare it to the other products that I have used.

Had no problems getting the stuff. Arrived about 3 days after I ordered it. Going on and off the product is very nice and easy to use. Goes on easy (the applicator they give you is awesome). I had a car show 70ish miles away a few Saturdays ago so I tried it out the Friday before. Rejex prides itself on dirt not sticking to it so I figured it was worth a try. Going to shows you have to clean the car again once you get there so if it works it would be a great tool. Have to admit that after 70ish miles to get there, it really did do a great job! Car cleaned up quickly and I can say that I felt there was less dirt on the car than had I used a different product. In fact, I took first in my class against stiff competition.

3 weeks have gone by since I put it on. Can't say that after the 500-700 miles or so that I have put on in that time that the car was clean. It did in fact have a good layer of dirt on it. Only a couple of bug splatters. Another thing that Rejex prides itself on is the ease of wiping things like that off.

So tonight, I washed the car. No tough spots to clean. I use Turtle Wax Zip wash as it is made not to peel off waxes.

After the wash, the car pretty much had NOTHING on the paint for protection, in particular, the Rejex was off as well. The bug spots did not come right off with the wash either as I found out as I was drying. They did come right off with a damp rag and a little pressure but being that Rejex prides itself on bug splatters coming right off, it did fail that test.

Overall the product works rather well. Not quite up to what I was expecting it to do but I will continue to use it prior to shows for the easy cleanup that it provides after driving to the show. It gets a big fat F for durability over time since it came off so easily with a mild soap.

With all the products I have used, this is the ranking with pros, and cons.

1.) Turtle Wax Premium - Cheap, Best finish when applied, nice and slick. Gets first because it provides the best finish of all I have tried and when my goal is the ultimate in shine, this is the stuff I use. Easy on, not easy off but worth the effort.

2.) Rejex - A little pricey compated to others, slick but no slicker than the others, excellent for easy car show cleanup, really bad for durability. Not a problem for me since I wax often anyways. Seems to work great on rims. I use this for quick easy shine and pre car show waxing.

3.) Meguires NXT - Easy on easy off. Good finish. All round good product, a little pricey compared to others in lineup. No severe haze after extended dry times (i.e. spots I missed). Decent finish. Not likely to use again till the Rejex and Turtle wax are gone.

4.) Meguires Cleaner Wax - Easy on Easy off. Decent finish but I did not get the cleaner effect. Might use again to give it another shot when I feel I will need it.

5.) Zaino - PITA to put on and take off. Shine was just OK. Price was rediculous. The guys that run the company were a pleasure to deal with and confident in their product though. Just not for me. Way too much effort for the amount of return. Do not plann on using again.

6.) Turtle Wax Color Cure Car Polish - Cheap and comes with a lipstick looking thing for filling in chips. Polish and lipstick thing are color coded to your car. My car is black. C5 was black and what I bought the stick for. It was limited at best as was the shine for the polish itself. Likely to use the lipstick thing if and when needed.

Next to try out will be the Pinnacle products. Have not seen anything bad about them.

There's my educated personal opinion.

Old 11-03-2005, 11:09 PM
lager99
Team Owner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06

Old 11-03-2005, 11:59 PM
ZaneO
Safety Car

Received 28 Likes on 5 Posts

Cool.

I'm a little puzzled about $10-$15 being pricey, though. Especially if you're considering Pinnacle...
Old 11-04-2005, 12:04 AM
jabez
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Turtle wax premium...thats a strange one for number one. I used it a few times and thought it was OK... but I was comparing it to Pinnacle which I thought was far superior.

Glad you found a cheaper alternative. Hope you bring home the hardware at your car shows.
Old 11-04-2005, 03:22 AM
bugman
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey great to hear your experience.
good post. There are sure lots of good products out there. Meguiar's #6 cleaner wax does a nice job, but certainly would not last longer than a month. and their #26 carnauba is far superior in terms of filling scratches and giving a good deep gloss.

have always heard good things about turtle wax, but haven't tried it.

The colored wax can be very nice to fill scratches in a pinch, until you can really get them fixed or repainted
Old 11-04-2005, 08:27 AM
cerino2000
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by ZaneO
I'm a little puzzled about $10-$15 being pricey, though. Especially if you're considering Pinnacle...
Most of the stuff I have tried runs about $6 or $7, including the turtle wax premium which is what I feel gives the deepest shine. The NXT was like $13ish and the Rejex was like $20ish so that makes them up to twice as much.

I don't mind spending the money on something like Pinnacle if it truly is the best and I am willing to give it a shot and take the risk. Just haven't got it yet.
Old 11-04-2005, 08:37 AM
0Zaino Bros (Sal)
Supporting Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-08-'09

cerino2000,

If you're hesitant on laying out the $$ for Pinnacle.

Try S100 Carnauba Paste Wax or DP Max Wax. Both are available from Autogeek and reasonably priced.

www.autogeek.net/index.html
Old 11-04-2005, 08:50 AM
cerino2000
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Zaino Bros (Sal)
cerino2000,

If you're hesitant on laying out the $$ for Pinnacle.

Try S100 Carnauba Paste Wax or DP Max Wax. Both are available from Autogeek and reasonably priced.

www.autogeek.net/index.html
Thaks Sal! I don't mind dropping the cash to try out new car care products like Pinnacle. Just haven't done it yet. I tend to use each one several times to get a good feel for them. Your product was the exception cause I was flat wore out and out of beer by the end of the night. If you wax more than once a month as I do, I gotta have something with less of a time investment and quick results. Not something that needs to stay on forever since I will be doing it again in a few short weeks at longest.

I am going to have to build a new shelf just to hold the stash of products that I have now! The more expensive ones roll nicely back into the forum if you find they're just not for you.

Didn't even know the S100 or the DP Max existed. First I heard of them. Thanks!
Old 11-04-2005, 09:26 AM
mrosa65
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by cerino2000
If you wax more than once a month as I do, I gotta have something with less of a time investment and quick results. Not something that needs to stay on forever since I will be doing it again in a few short weeks at longest.
Rick,

Just curious as to why you would want to keep waxing your car every few weeks ? Wouldn't that take more time over the long run then just using a product that has longevity ? Have you tried a QD to enhance the shine rather than reapplying more wax ?

I know we all have different standards, so we use different products.

My personal goals are to find a product that:

1. Looks great when it's first applied (The shock and awe affect)
2. Has protection that will last for more than just a month or so
3. Is easy on and off
4. Looks great after a few months of washes
5. Saves me time over the course of the year by not having to reapply it over and over every month
6. Can be used on multiple surfaces on my vehicles (Paint, glass, rims, etc.)
7. Doesn't stain trim (That would kill any time savings trying to remove the white residue from my black trim)
8. Is worth the money - Price is a relative term for me. I don't mind spending the bucks when it comes to taking care of ANY vehicle, especially ones as expensive as a corvette, especially if it's a quality product.

Again, these are just some of *my* goals when it comes to car care, and I'm sure others have different views.

Mike
Old 11-04-2005, 09:54 AM
cerino2000
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by mrosa65
Rick,

Just curious as to why you would want to keep waxing your car every few weeks ? Wouldn't that take more time over the long run then just using a product that has longevity ? Have you tried a QD to enhance the shine rather than reapplying more wax ?
I don't think you can REALLY get a product with longevity. As soon as you take the car out, it is dirty. After X amount of miles, it is going to be worse and require a wash. I am yet to see anything that still feels nice and slick after a washing, even with mild non wax removing soaps. If I am going to wash it, I just assume wax since with the stuff that I use, it can be knocked out pretty quickly. More importantly, I actaully enjoy waxing it. Being married with children, I spend a good portion of my weekends hanging out in the garage. My Friday and or Saturday night norm will usually include spending some time cleaning up the car or doing some kind of addition to it.

Oh ya, the car is black so dust and such tend to show easily. Anyone with a black car can vouch for that one. They are a labor of love.
Old 11-04-2005, 10:03 AM
mrosa65
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

I actaully enjoy waxing it. Being married with children, I spend a good portion of my weekends hanging out in the garage. My Friday and or Saturday night norm will usually include spending some time cleaning up the car or doing some kind of addition to it.

Oh ya, the car is black so dust and such tend to show easily. Anyone with a black car can vouch for that one. They are a labor of love.
Better hope your wife doesn't read these forums...

I'm divorced so it's a bit different for me, and living in Florida my garage can get pretty hot during the summer months. I'm thinking about installing an A/C unit out there. I always keep my car care products in the house so the heat won't affect them.

As for the black car syndrome. I can relate to that. I have a black 02 coupe, a black 03 F-150 and a black 02 Yamaha V-star. Then I have the silver 79 MGB and the silver bass boat. But you have to love the look and depth of a clean black vehicle. I keep swearing I'll never buy another black car as long as I live, but I still do.
Old 11-04-2005, 11:05 AM
Kevin V
Pro

I don't think you can REALLY get a product with longevity. As soon as you take the car out, it is dirty. After X amount of miles, it is going to be worse and require a wash. I am yet to see anything that still feels nice and slick after a washing, even with mild non wax removing soaps. If I am going to wash it, I just assume wax since with the stuff that I use, it can be knocked out pretty quickly. More importantly, I actaully enjoy waxing it. Being married with children, I spend a good portion of my weekends hanging out in the garage. My Friday and or Saturday night norm will usually include spending some time cleaning up the car or doing some kind of addition to it.

Sounds like you are stating reasons to use Zaino.
Old 11-04-2005, 12:31 PM
cerino2000
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by mrosa65
Better hope your wife doesn't read these forums...
She could care less about a car. To her they are something to put a key in, 1 pedal to go one to stop and you have to feed it really expensive stuff when it gets on E.

Good choice in bikes. Got a RS Warrior here.
Old 11-04-2005, 01:24 PM
mrosa65
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

I think I used to be married to her sister...lol. Except when I was married, it wasn't that expensive when it was on E.

RS Warrior, very nice bike. My bike has been jealous since I bought the vette, it's not getting as much road time. I may have to take it for a nice ride tomorrow to keep it happy.
Old 11-04-2005, 04:38 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

I will be one of the first to tell you that are waxes , Pinnacle, are not cheap. That said, if you prefer a carnuba we are usually considered the tops. I like to break down cost into a per application figure also, as I believe any car should be treated properly. With 30 Applications per jar .....

Pinnacle Souveran 65.00 jar 2.20 per application
Pinnacle Sig Series 35.00 jar 1.20 per application
DP Max Wax 30.00 jar 1.00 per application
Poorboys Natty Blue 20.00 jar .70 per application

now these consider sale prices (forum discount w/out shipping) and you must remember that these are last stage carnubas only. If you properly prep the finish first, you should be more than happy. You will need to reapply more often also, but using Pinnacles Crystal Mist with any of them with help with durability.
Old 11-04-2005, 07:18 PM
bigcypress
Melting Slicks

Received 167 Likes on 123 Posts

if you wax at least once a month and rejex lasts three weeks and you like it and find it easy to use i don't see what your problem is.also change to nxt car wash and your wax jobs will last longer. we have a black car that is rejexed and i know that it attracts less dust than with other products[have not tried zaino but hope to save up enough money to try it in the spring].your choice of products only has to satisfy you so don't let other people dissuade you from using "it" because "it" isn't expensive.finally why did you get an applicator with rejex and i did not? bc
Old 11-04-2005, 10:56 PM
cerino2000
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by bigcypress
if you wax at least once a month and rejex lasts three weeks and you like it and find it easy to use i don't see what your problem is.also change to nxt car wash and your wax jobs will last longer. we have a black car that is rejexed and i know that it attracts less dust than with other products[have not tried zaino but hope to save up enough money to try it in the spring].your choice of products only has to satisfy you so don't let other people dissuade you from using "it" because "it" isn't expensive.finally why did you get an applicator with rejex and i did not? bc
The rejex, although it does have a great shine, is not as deep as the turtle wax. That is the only reason it came in second with me. If I am looking for the deepest shine possible, I use the turtle wax. If I want something quick, easy and good looking, I use the Rejex. In fact, I just used it again last night after washing it cause I was limited on time.

Not sure about the applicator. Theirs is great. If you bought it on the group buy recently, it probably didn't include the applicator to keep the cost down. When I bought mine, I got it from their web site and it was part of the deal. Whole thing cost me $20 shipped.

Get notified of new replies

To Wax/Polish rating and Rejex review

Quick Reply: Wax/Polish rating and Rejex review