Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Spot Free Rinse

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 03:25 PM
C7Z51
Burning Brakes

Location: Never take a girl out for a cup of coffee, the last thing you want her to be is alert and focused. Tampa, FL
Received 74 Likes on 37 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Default Spot Free Rinse

I accidently posted this in C6 general so sorry if this is a repeat.

I was looking for a good spot free rinse system like CR spotless since I ordered from them 2 weeks ago and it still hasn't arrived. I shopped around a called a couple of places to find this system.

This Reverse Osmosis and Deionization system has the water go through 2 pre-filters then a reverse osmosis membrane and then a Deionization cartridge. Going through the RO membrane should take care of most of the water so the DI cartridge will last longer. Each DI cartridge is supposed to go through 400-600 gallons before it's obsolete and after that I can replace it for $20. Unlike the CR spotless system which would cost $171 to replace the cartridges for(using 600 gal. also).

CR spotless DI system
System $309+$40 shipping to florida

Replacement cartridges for 600gal $171+shipping

RO and DI system
System $150+$154 for 5 gal/minute pump+$25 Brute trash can from home depot to hold the RO and DI water for pumping(I got shipping included)

Replacement cartridges for 600gal $20(DI)+$16((1) 1 micron sediment filter, (1)1 micron carbon block)+shipping

So,
initial investment for CR spotless is $349
initial investment for RO and DI system $329

Replacement cartridges for 600 gallons
CR spotless $171+shipping
RO and DI system $36+shipping

NOW hopefully the RO and DI system will give me a good spot free rinse like i've heard the CR spotless system does.

It should be here by monday.
Old 11-10-2005, 05:29 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

You are truly dedicated to the Spot Free Finish. I simply bought two waffle weave microfibers (I splurged on the Guzzlers) at 39.00 each and a B/D Leaf Blower for 69.00 at Home Depot. They can all be used numerous times ... although I might need some microfiber wash occassionally at 20.00 per bottle.

Now I am kidding you ... because I think you can take a joke, but why so dedicated to time and effort of the Spotless Wash ?? Have you tried the Mr Clean without the soap ?? I wish you luck and will check in to see the progress. And please dont take as an insult, I really am trying to understand the progress towards spotless wash.
Old 11-10-2005, 06:01 PM
C7Z51
Burning Brakes

Location: Never take a girl out for a cup of coffee, the last thing you want her to be is alert and focused. Tampa, FL
Received 74 Likes on 37 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

You purchased the cobra guzzler for $39 each? You should try Autogeek.net, I purchased mine for $12.99 a couple days ago and recieved it today. Great deal by the way .

It's more of a convenience. I spend more time drying my car than washing it. I dread washing my car because of the length of time it takes me to get the water out of the mirrors and then dry it. My orange C6 isn't really an issue. It's the black H2 that likes to retain water. I'll wash that thing and no matter what I do, i'll have water spots/lines going down the car a little bit later. I also made a vow not to take my car to the car wash again, i figure the money i'm saving by doing it myself will buy me the spotless system.

P.S. It's just like getting a lawn maintenance guy to cut your grass every month for $20. I'm just paying a machine to dry my car.
Old 11-10-2005, 10:29 PM
John Ulrich
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 270 Likes on 199 Posts

I'm using the CR system and have been real happy with it. I purchased the small system for $200.00.
I have a black mini van with chrome wheels and even in the shade it is impossible to wash and dry it before the water spots start drying on the wheels while I try to save the painted areas.
Now i can wash in the direct sun and it will dry with no water spots. Some city water is worse than others.

Later,
JU

Get notified of new replies

To Spot Free Rinse

Quick Reply: Spot Free Rinse