Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Scuff mark by rear taillight

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 04:37 PM
Mike073048
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Scuff mark by rear taillight

I have a small scuff mark by my left rear taillights. I have a PC 7336sp and some Meguiars Scratch X. Is it worth it to try this combo or should I step up to something like Menzerna IP/FP to remove the scuff.
Old 03-13-2006, 04:53 PM
agentf1
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

I would give Zaino's plastic polish a try first. Or any good plastic polish should work.

A good swirl remover will probably work also but ScratchX is way too mild to do much of anything IMHO. Give one of the Menzerna polishes a try if you already have them.
Old 03-13-2006, 05:34 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike073048
I have a small scuff mark by my left rear taillights. I have a PC 7336sp and some Meguiars Scratch X. Is it worth it to try this combo or should I step up to something like Menzerna IP/FP to remove the scuff.

It sounds like the scuff mark is actually on the paint, just next to the tailiight correct ?? If so, following the logic of least abrasive polish first, and moving to more abrasive as only necessary, I would suggest ScatchX as a nice beginning point. If not, experiment with harsher polishes only as needed.
Old 03-13-2006, 06:35 PM
easyrider13
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had success using a few drops of body solvent on the corner of a cloth before going to an abrasive product. Perhaps even tar remover might work. Be sure to re-wax/seal afterwards.
Old 03-13-2006, 06:37 PM
bugman
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

no harm in trying scratchX, but my experience also is that it is WAY to mild to remove any scratching at all. If there is just a little paint transfer, or if you have very mild water spotting, it is good for that.

But now is the time to make you order for Menzerna IP and FP2, or whatever that numbered fancy product is that agentf1 is using . In all likelihood you'll need them for this project, and if not, you'll need them for other stuff ahead of you. No garage should be withou.
Old 03-14-2006, 01:24 AM
LS WON
Team Owner

Received 271 Likes on 233 Posts

Try some Liquid Glass Polish. See if the company will send you some free samples of this polish. They used to do this in the past.

Get notified of new replies

To Scuff mark by rear taillight

Quick Reply: Scuff mark by rear taillight