Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

A opinion need: Liquid Glass, good, bad etc...

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 05:53 PM
boonie
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A opinion need: Liquid Glass, good, bad etc...

I recently found a complete container of liquid glass that i forgot that i had bought 2 years ago, but i never used it. is this Liquid galss a ploish or a wax? is the product any good or just something that i should trash and move on? any opinions would be appericated.
thanks boonie
Old 04-24-2006, 06:00 PM
shakedown067
Le Mans Master

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

I used it on my truck. Looked great but don't do it. It's not a normal wax. It can only be removed with mineral spirits (or something of that nature). I didn't read that until after the third coat.
Old 04-24-2006, 06:07 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Long, long before there were the sophisticated Meguiar's and some other "waxes and polishes", there was Liquid Glass. And it was used by the old, "Fiberglass" crowd of Corvette owners. My old can (of Liq. Glass, ) says that it contains no waxes, silicones, etc., and is clear coat safe. As well as used on fiberglass, clear coats, cars, boats ,etc.

I have no worries about it. I'm not sure where it says it has to be removed with "mineral spirits"???? I've used it occasionally on every car I've had with no negative results.
Old 04-24-2006, 06:22 PM
Jet-Jock
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

On the can if you intend to re-paint. Typical with all waxes which can be removed with mineral spirits and steel wool (scotch brite pads).

LG is not bad, I don't think it gives the deep wet look of Zanio or some of the other top rated products. But I used it for years before I knew of Zaino.
Old 04-24-2006, 06:38 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

"On the can if you intend to re-paint. Typical with all waxes which can be removed with mineral spirits..." jetjock

Ahh! Right. That's not on my can, but you're right. That is the reason to remove it with mineral spirits.
Old 04-24-2006, 06:55 PM
80sRule
Safety Car

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

If there was any doubt, visit liquidglass.com and view their faqs.

Look at this:

Here's my car, which is a Liquid Glass car:

Don't mock the other cars, the Camry and Explorer are works in progress, and the Camry was $500.

GT6
Old 04-24-2006, 07:17 PM
Midnite 88
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I liked LG. Then I got Zaino. I thought the Zaino looked good lasted a while 4-6 weeks but, I wash my car alot.

So....I now use Maguires NXT. It's easier to use than Zaino and I don't have a show car. Lasts 4-6 weeks too.

BTW that's a fresh coat of NXT in this pic.
Old 04-24-2006, 10:46 PM
Tommy T-Bone
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14

I have used Liquid Glass exclusively for the past three years about 4 times a year. Makes my old paint shine pretty. You cant tell how bad a paint job was done till you get up close and you can see the little bubbles on the hood. My wheels shine up with it too after I scrub them up. Read the can. It is great for taking out scratches and imperfections in small areas. My wife uses Meguiars Gold Class on her car. I've been tempted to try Zaino but I've been happy with L.G. Easy on, easy off. Shine on .....
Old 04-25-2006, 10:26 AM
Gorilla
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use it. This last time I clay-barred first, then LG pre-cleaner, then LG. Didn't think white could shine that good, but it does!

Can't really tell by the pic, but it looks good.
Old 04-25-2006, 11:56 PM
LS WON
Team Owner

Received 271 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by LT4CompYell
Long, long before there were the sophisticated Meguiar's and some other "waxes and polishes", there was Liquid Glass. And it was used by the old, "Fiberglass" crowd of Corvette owners. My old can (of Liq. Glass, ) says that it contains no waxes, silicones, etc., and is clear coat safe. As well as used on fiberglass, clear coats, cars, boats ,etc.

I have no worries about it. I'm not sure where it says it has to be removed with "mineral spirits"???? I've used it occasionally on every car I've had with no negative results.
I have used it since 1979 and can remember when it first came in one of those 50's style design on can. It also said you could apply polish whether car was dirty or not. That doesn't hold true for todays batch. I have put over 30 coats on one of my cars and this product is excellent in hiding swirls n scratches. At one point I tried Klasse AIO and Klasse Sealant and then all of the scratches and swirls were more noticeable still looked good but a different look with Klasse. I may end up back on the Liquid glass Polish on this car.
Old 04-25-2006, 11:58 PM
LS WON
Team Owner

Received 271 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by Tommy T-Bone
I have used Liquid Glass exclusively for the past three years about 4 times a year. Makes my old paint shine pretty. You cant tell how bad a paint job was done till you get up close and you can see the little bubbles on the hood. My wheels shine up with it too after I scrub them up. Read the can. It is great for taking out scratches and imperfections in small areas. My wife uses Meguiars Gold Class on her car. I've been tempted to try Zaino but I've been happy with L.G. Easy on, easy off. Shine on .....

especially on the scratch removal.

Get notified of new replies

To A opinion need: Liquid Glass, good, bad etc...

Quick Reply: A opinion need: Liquid Glass, good, bad etc...