Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Stupid questions, detailing sprays and wash

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 09:21 AM
Craig Wagner
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Stupid questions, detailing sprays and wash

I got both my cars professionally detailed over the past couple of weeks.

The detailer used Meguiar’s NXT Generation products (wash and paste wax).

I'd like to get a quick detailer spray for when I wash the car. Problem is that Meguiar’s NXT Generation spray says to apply it in the shade when the car is cool to the touch. That's pretty tough at my house.

Other products, such as Turtle Wax ICE, say they can be applied in direct sunlight.

So my question is, do I need to stick with the same detailing spray as was used to wax the car, or can I use any brand?

Also, should I be using the Meguiar’s NXT Generation car wash for best results, or again can I use any quality brand?
Old 05-03-2006, 09:44 AM
exile
Racer

You can use any detailing spray. Shade is better, but with quick detailer spray you should be fine. PoorBoy products are known for ease of use in the sun or shade............ http://www.detailcity.com/poorboys-w...-products.html

Old 05-03-2006, 07:43 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Poorboys Spray and Wash and Spray and Gloss are nice products. Clearkote Quickshine is another. Finish Kare 425 is also very nice. All will work well for the end user even if car is detailed professionally. They all work well with most every line of products. I would try not to use any in direct sunlight during the middle of the day (streaking might occur) but you dont need to run for a tree or shade also.
Old 05-04-2006, 02:21 AM
jabez
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Craig Wagner
I got both my cars professionally detailed over the past couple of weeks.

The detailer used Meguiar’s NXT Generation products (wash and paste wax).

I'd like to get a quick detailer spray for when I wash the car. Problem is that Meguiar’s NXT Generation spray says to apply it in the shade when the car is cool to the touch. That's pretty tough at my house.

Other products, such as Turtle Wax ICE, say they can be applied in direct sunlight.

So my question is, do I need to stick with the same detailing spray as was used to wax the car, or can I use any brand?

Also, should I be using the Meguiar’s NXT Generation car wash for best results, or again can I use any quality brand?
You can use any detailer spray you want. If you choose the NXT detailer and in the sunlight, just wipe it off immediately.
Old 05-04-2006, 09:22 AM
FIDOauto
Pro

Considering that NXT wax will only stay on your vehicle for 2 weeks MAX I suggest washing your vehicle with Dawn and applying Zaino.
Old 05-04-2006, 09:43 AM
Craig Wagner
Pro

Originally Posted by FIDOauto
Considering that NXT wax will only stay on your vehicle for 2 weeks MAX I suggest washing your vehicle with Dawn and applying Zaino.
That's interesting. How did you interpret my question as asking for an opinion on whether or not I should start from scratch?

If I had the time to spend 12 hours on each car, I would have. I don't. That's why I paid someone to do it.

Why can't people just answer the question that was asked instead of someone always jumping in with a 'better' idea?

Sorry, I just get tired of this kind of thing on the forum. You drank the Zaino kool-aid, fine. I don't care. Answer the question or move on to the next post.

Last edited by Craig Wagner; 05-04-2006 at 09:46 AM.
Old 05-04-2006, 11:56 AM
Superstar
Pro

Like I said in another thread most Zaino users, I won't say all, try to shove the product down your throat.
Old 05-04-2006, 01:06 PM
Crusher
Just an Ole Surfer Boy
Support Corvetteforum!

NCM Ambassador
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'08-'09-'10-'13-'14

I'm a believer with staying within the product line. So I would stay with the NXT detailer.
Old 05-04-2006, 04:58 PM
FIDOauto
Pro

Originally Posted by Craig Wagner
That's interesting. How did you interpret my question as asking for an opinion on whether or not I should start from scratch?

If I had the time to spend 12 hours on each car, I would have. I don't. That's why I paid someone to do it.

Why can't people just answer the question that was asked instead of someone always jumping in with a 'better' idea?

Sorry, I just get tired of this kind of thing on the forum. You drank the Zaino kool-aid, fine. I don't care. Answer the question or move on to the next post.

No no... you totally misunderstood me...

You definately wouldn't be starting from scratch....

I'm sorry if I mentioned Zaino but I am a new user of it and its pretty much what I thought of..... replace 'Zaino' with "Any DURABLE sealant".....

I was just tryin to tell ya that the job you paid good money for aint gonna last you sh*t if you leave the NXT on there and I'm speaking from experience here, so I'm sorry for honestly trying to help you out, but washing your allready detailed vehicle and adding a DURABLE sealant would take you MAX 2 hours (and thats going slow).... and in my eyes make what you paid for at least last a few months...

Get notified of new replies

To Stupid questions, detailing sprays and wash

Quick Reply: Stupid questions, detailing sprays and wash