Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Turtle Wax ICE.....sucks

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 08:59 PM
konish
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turtle Wax ICE.....sucks

Bought some last night thinking it would be like Meguiars NXT, only easier to apply. Claims to leave a slick surface, mirror shine...blah, blah, blah.

Truth be told, the Meguiars Quick Detail spray left a MUCH smoother surface over my application of NXT for a long time. After I used the ICE spray, my car actually felt LESS smooth. I had a somewhat recent coat of NXT over the whole car, and and I think the ICE stripped the NXT off leaving and the glass-like surface with it!

It also seems to streak a bit when first applied, which never happened with the Quick Detail spray. It does take a fair amount of buffing to remove the streaks.

To be fair, the NXT and the ICE may be incompatible products, which lead to the difficutly and poor performance of the ICE. I'll keep using it until the bottle is gone...or I get fed up.

Just some FYI

R/
Dustin
Old 05-31-2006, 09:19 PM
JeffC5
Melting Slicks

Location: Edmond, OK...One of the first rules of online forums: If you don't like what is said but can't refute it, attack the poster.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just got my refund check in the mail for my ICE. Baby oil in a bottle. Guess you could tan with it. LOL
jeff
Old 05-31-2006, 09:39 PM
LoftyC5
Instructor

This is good to know as I was considering trying it. I use only Zaino on the vette, but use NXT on my other cars. Thanks for the heads up
Old 05-31-2006, 09:51 PM
Armadillo
Racer

Turtle Wax?
Old 05-31-2006, 11:42 PM
jabez
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My first application of ICE was so-so. The next time I used it I topped it with Pinnacle Souvern with better results. BUT that didn't make me to change my mind to buy another bottle.
Old 06-01-2006, 12:51 AM
printmanjackson
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09

all I can say is you should have used the search feature on here and it would have saved you the time
Old 06-01-2006, 09:06 AM
Crusher
Just an Ole Surfer Boy
Support Corvetteforum!

NCM Ambassador
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'08-'09-'10-'13-'14

Originally Posted by LoftyC5
This is good to know as I was considering trying it. I use only Zaino on the vette, but use NXT on my other cars. Thanks for the heads up
This never makes sense to me. Since Zaino has a reputation of long durability and NXT has a reputation of almost no durability, then why would you not use Zaino on your other cars? Seems to me that Zaino would be more important on cars that you drive everyday or don't detail as often given it's proven durability.
Old 06-01-2006, 09:46 AM
agentf1
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by Crusher
This never makes sense to me. Since Zaino has a reputation of long durability and NXT has a reputation of almost no durability, then why would you not use Zaino on your other cars? Seems to me that Zaino would be more important on cars that you drive everyday or don't detail as often given it's proven durability.

I just use the best stuff (Zaino) on all my cars.
Old 06-02-2006, 12:28 AM
Rex Ruby
Le Mans Master

Received 62 Likes on 36 Posts
Philly 'Burbs Events Coordinator

My DDs get at least on coat of Zaino a year, the Vettes get 6 or so
Old 06-02-2006, 01:25 AM
bugman
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

yup- for a few months I also used some other stuff on the wifes SUV (which is parked outside). But wow -- I've saved SO much work for myself by switching to Zaino for that car too -- I like to wash it every one or two weeks, but the Zaino lasts forever - saves me from having to wax it every week. Definitely Zaino your daily drivers - really really worth it. Don't "save" Z for the Vette alone - you're actually losing out .

Get notified of new replies

To Turtle Wax ICE.....sucks

Quick Reply: Turtle Wax ICE.....sucks