Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Is Zaino really that good?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2001, 07:00 PM
AFVETTE
Team Owner

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

Default Re: Is Zaino really that good? (c5rose)

Does anyone out know of an un-biased test comparing different car polishes? I checked with most of the members of my corvette club "LookingGlass Corvette Club" of Illinois and many have heard of the stuff but no one was using it. There's way too much hype out on the Internet that takes on a life of it's own. I've been burned so many times from data gathered out on the net that I'm skeptical of anything I hear anymore.

BTW the brand I'm using goes on easy, looks great and lasts a long time and I can buy it at Wal-Mart. The paint onmy Arctic White coupe is flawless and looks inches deep.

Show me a test, I live near Missouri.

Tom
USAF Retired
Old 08-28-2001, 12:21 AM
Stingray1967
Race Director

Received 55 Likes on 35 Posts

Default Re: Is Zaino really that good? (Sully C5)

Yes...absolutely a great product!!!! Sal at Zaino will not impress anyone with sales & marketing razzle-dazzle, however, he makes up for it by offering a fantastic product.

BTW IMHO whenever you see a negative post about Zaino, it is usually because it was used incorrectly. The most important thing to remember about Zaino is THIN COATS .

I'm the poster boy for this post by Sully. I tried it and didn't do it right, and hated it. (of course) I then got some clarification on how to use it, and yes, it is better. How much? Not light years, but it is better and doesn't collect the dust as much as Meguiars does. That is a big selling point for me as my car really doesn't get that dirty, just VERY dusty.

:D

[Modified by Sully C5, 1:39 PM 8/27/2001]
Old 08-28-2001, 12:26 AM
Diamond
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

Zaino sure brought my silver alive with gloss, I am very pleased. I've used Meguiars for years, although not this time. Applied properly it works great. I like it!
Old 08-28-2001, 12:39 AM
AnteVenom
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Daytona Jam 1 Veteran

I use only Zaino on my black 1999 Coupe. Started with the clay bar, did the LOK and about four coats of Z5.

This past weekend at Carlisle I had about a dozen inquiries as to the products I used on the car.

I received great compliments on the deep deep shine. Even owners of other black cars were wondering how I got my black to look so special.

Simple answer, Zaino!
Old 08-28-2001, 02:00 AM
edward3090
Racer

:D I fanally used it for the first time. What a shine. I have a garage full of products I've tried over the years and nothing comes close to Zaino.
Now I've got to update my photo. :cool: :D
Old 08-28-2001, 02:07 AM
team-zr1
Burning Brakes

IMHO,
After using only one polish product since 1980 I tried that Z stuff and found it far from being as good as Liquid Glass I have used on several Corvettes for 20 years. L.G was designed for fiberglass cars, boats and use on airplanes.

Putting a few light coats of LG protected the car for months and the shine stays the same. One coat every 6 months keeps the color depth and filters out UV rays, and things like bugs,gas, oils etc cannot adhere to the glass molcules used in this product. It is not some crummy wax and can be used on any part of the car but rubber. Used on windows causes water to beat right off and car will not water spot. Any bugs, just rinse off with a water hose.

I was stupid to move away from L.G but never again.

John
Old 08-28-2001, 03:16 AM
C5go
Racer

Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

All I can say is, "Try it". Then, make your mind up. If you don't like it, I'll gladly buy what you don't use.
Old 08-28-2001, 07:35 AM
Mean Green
Team Owner

CI III & IV Vote Ho
CI II, III, IV & V Vet
CI IV Bracket Champ
St. Jude Donor '03-'04

yes :D....buts there's a LG following rising up

Mark
Old 08-28-2001, 08:05 AM
BlackTieC5
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Is Zaino really that good? (Mean Green 2000)

I think Liquid Glass has been around for years and has had and probably still has a loyal following of users. At many Corvette shows in the 80s there would always be a Corvette with 15 coats/layers of so of Liquid Glass. Everybody would stop and stare. The question was always asked would it let the paint breathe, a lot of folks felt it did too good a job of sealing the paint.

I have Zanio in my garage waiting for the weekend I have the time to Dawn wash the car, clay and put on the multi-step process. Right now I am using 3M-PerfectIt and getting a lot of good feedback.

Liquid Glass is not just beginning to rise up. I think a lot of Liquid Glass users want to keep it a secret so the next guy's shince is not as intense as theirs.
Old 08-28-2001, 02:36 PM
Atl.Vette
Racer

ABSOLUTLY :cool:

[Modified by Atl.Vette, 1:40 PM 8/28/2001]
Old 08-28-2001, 07:44 PM
Bob Vacca
Instructor

I've used Zaino for about 6 years now. The first 2 years with our WHITE 89 convertible, and the past 4 years on our Torch Red 98 coupe. I love the product line. As far as it working well with white, I used to always be asked if my white 89 was a "custom" paint job. I replied all the time with the fact that it was the original paint but with Zaino.

Regarding the HUGE Maguiars display at Carlisle, on Saturday AND Sunday, we had our C5 parked DIRECTLY in front of their display, about 25 feet from the table with all their products. (Didn't do it intentionally, just happened to get to the show before 6am both days, and it was a good spot.)

I used Maguiars products for years and liked them. I just prefer Zaino.

As many others have mentioned in this thread, Sal does not use very much resources as it relates to advertising, marketing, labeling, etc. Most of his sales are made directly through him or his distributers.

To each his own!:D
Bob

[Modified by Bob Vacca, 6:13 PM 8/28/2001]
Old 08-28-2001, 09:55 PM
BobG
Race Director

Received 3,572 Likes on 1,072 Posts

Someone said the forum is "biased"....I think it is, and its with good reason. I'm sure there are other good products out there, but the one thing Zaino has going for it is that it works, and is actually easy to use once you can get through what seems like a secret code language...Z1, Z5, Z2, Z6..(it almost sounds like a BMW commercial.. ) It's worth a try....then you can say for yourself..
Old 08-28-2001, 11:47 PM
aficionado
Racer

Default Re: Is Zaino really that good? (BobG)

Works for me, Zaino all the way. You can't tell here but it looks so deep and almost cream like. Amazing.
Old 08-29-2001, 02:02 AM
JWSchmidt3
Race Director

Default Re: Is Zaino really that good? (aficionado)

I'm doing a test as we speak. I have actually done a half & half on my hood and letting it sit over night. In the morning, I will remove both, take pics and let ya'll, the jury decide which looks better. Keep in mind, I'm not trying do diss one product over another, I just want the best product available for my car. :cheers:
Old 08-29-2001, 09:34 AM
swenzi
Racer

Default Re: Is Zaino really that good? (JWSchmidt3)

hmmm..... I am very interested to see this. :rolleyes:
Old 08-29-2001, 01:24 PM
Ram Air Tony
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Is Zaino really that good? (JWSchmidt3)

JW .... I remember you tellin me about how your car would NEVER look as deeep and dark as some other Mil Yel ..... that must becuz you either werent doing the Zaino properly or somethin

your test will prove nothing, that megs will will evaporate or wash off in a week or two....i zainoed my car in February and didnt do it again until a couple weeks ago......i GUARONTEE yo car wont look like mine did after 6 months : )... as good as the day I zainoed it

just my opinion and I aint biased ;)

thanks
Old 08-29-2001, 01:27 PM
wsaracen
Melting Slicks

hope so, just bought some. didnt get to try it yet.

Get notified of new replies

To Is Zaino really that good?

Old 08-29-2001, 01:30 PM
Ram Air Tony
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default forgot

BTW, I get asked ALL the time by other Mil Yel owners HOW i get my car to look like it does......All I say is Zaino, they say I been usin Megs...I smile and say try Zaino and they BUY for life

thanks

R
A
T
Old 08-29-2001, 01:34 PM
RG in Dallas
Race Director

Elite Member
Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

Default Re: forgot (Ram Air Tony)

I have a Yellow car too, and I don't have to ask RAT how he gets his so sharp...I already know

Zaino!!

Smells good too:D

RG

[Modified by RG in Dallas, 11:35 AM 8/29/2001]
Old 08-29-2001, 06:57 PM
JWSchmidt3
Race Director

Default Re: Is Zaino really that good? (Ram Air Tony)

JW .... I remember you tellin me about how your car would NEVER look as deeep and dark as some other Mil Yel ..... that must becuz you either werent doing the Zaino properly or somethin

your test will prove nothing, that megs will will evaporate or wash off in a week or two....i zainoed my car in February and didnt do it again until a couple weeks ago......i GUARONTEE yo car wont look like mine did after 6 months : )... as good as the day I zainoed it

just my opinion and I aint biased ;)

thanks
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Since the Zaino GOD has spoken, never mind about the test. Yes the difference "IS" obvious, and Zaino did not come out ahead. But, I'll continue to use what works best for me, and I'll keep winning every car show I enter, and I'll keep all this to myself since no one wants to hear "honest", "unbiased" opinions. :rolleyes: You're right Tony, everything you touch turns to gold (B&B, MTI, Zaino, etc.) and if anyone disagrees with you you, well, they're just plain stupid. :rolleyes:

As far as I'm concerned, I don't give a RAT's A.S.S what anyone uses. I used Zaino (correctly), and it just flat out didn't get the job done for me. If 99 out of 100 people love Zaino, then fine, use it. But quit jumping everyone's a.s.s who doesn't use it or tries to speak of another product. This post is titled "Is Zaino really that good?". Forgive me for not giving the robot opinion and actually speaking what "I" think about Zaino.

Just one more question Mr. Moderator. How come when I made a post about Zaino a couple months ago, it got sent to Car Care section within 30 minutes?? There's been 3 such topics floating here for weeks. Never mind, it's obvious. :rolleyes:

Quick Reply: Is Zaino really that good?