Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Results on my durability test on RejeX

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 05:42 PM
Z06-Goose
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Results on my durability test on RejeX

This is a repost of my original thread, as that one got polluted.
Let's try again, so hopefully this one will stay clean. If you guys have any questions about the process or about RejeX itself, please feel free to do so...

I just stopped my durability test on RejeX at 13 weeks (3+ months)
We all knew about the good shine of Rejex, but I think I may be the first one to actual document its durability at least over a 3-month period
Here's the original thread when I first applied RejeX on my Z06
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...inally+Rejexed

The facts:

The car is not garaged, or car covered
Only one single coat of RejeX was used during this test
Only plain water was used to wash the car on the weekends
Once was the car run thru an automatic touch-less car wash
Twice I used car wash soap, back in April after it snowed for a couple of days, and on the day I took these pics as I was getting ready to apply RejeX once again. I used Meguiar's GC Car Wash Soap

The car as it sat outside was exposed to bird droppings, a couple of times I got hit on the roof, and trunk lid. It got water sprinkled from my apartment complex on the front fascia few times and needless to say, it was exposed to all the weather conditions that took place in Colorado since mid-April to this date, including snow, rain and high heat temperatures. (Remember, no garage)

I've never noticed any damage to the paint, or clear coat caused by any of the elements during this period. I've never had to scrub anything off, except for bug splatters after sitting on my car for 5 days on one occassion, even then a good wet towel took care of it. I applied the RejeX as instructed, and NEVER used anything else to enhance its gloss, shine, or prolong its durability. I have many friends locally, that can vouch for any single statement I have made here.

The pics will show how the water was beading up until last Tuesday when I took the pics. Obviously after 3 months it's not going to bead as just waxed looks, however, the manufacturers claim of giving you 4-6 months durability/protection was right on cue. I feel I could've stretched the test longer, but I was dying to detail my vette.
I will later post pics of my Vette with the new coat of RejeX and how it looks wet.

To summarize, yes it's durable, and yes, it protects better than anything I've tried before. It holds its shine, durability and protection equally. Best $15 bucks I've ever spent on my car
There are many good products in the market today. Just use what best fits your needs

Also, I used RejeX on my friend's girlfriend Pontiac Vibe. It's dark blue. This one I used S100 paint cleanser to prep, and top it with RejeX; her car sits outside, and gets hit occassionally by the sprinkles a few nights a week. Besides using S100 I used 3M Perfect It to remove some minor door dings, and water spots. That's going to be a side test I'll be doing, since she doesn't care about waxing her car, so I figure it would be a much better candidate to run another test, this time focusing on the protection part of it

Last edited by Z06-Goose; 07-27-2006 at 07:09 PM. Reason: delete. reposted
Old 07-24-2006, 08:59 PM
jabez
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 07-25-2006, 05:15 AM
easyrider13
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I applied two coats of Rejex to my DD in November. It's a 2002 E320 with 80,000 miles that was parked outside except for 6 weeks during the winter (when my C6 was in Florida).
The Rejex provided good shine and protection through early June.
Last weekend I polished the car and put on a fresh coat of Rejex.
It's done a good job for me.
Old 07-25-2006, 09:37 AM
ProfMoriarty
Team Owner

The stuff is great.

The only downside to it is that if you're the type who loves spending hours applying a myriad of different products to achieve similar results, you're going to have to find something else to do with all the time that's been freed up.
Old 07-25-2006, 01:59 PM
LS WON
Team Owner

Received 271 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by ProfMoriarty
The stuff is great.

The only downside to it is that if you're the type who loves spending hours applying a myriad of different products to achieve similar results, you're going to have to find something else to do with all the time that's been freed up.
Like all the steps in the Zaino system.
Old 07-25-2006, 03:10 PM
Whiterock1
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Never heard of RejeX until this forum. Looks like it works well, but I still haven't seen anything that beats Meguiars Gold Class--including their Nxt Gen. And for $8, it is even harder to beat. I think the key is how often do you wax. I do it every 4 weeks, or so, and polish once a year. The paint on my 2000 T/A was so great that I sold it to a Dealer at retail! And that was 4 years of Gold Class and 2 of Nxt Gen. Plus, I really like Barry Meguiar...
Old 07-25-2006, 04:20 PM
Wildcat99
Drifting

Thanks for the test Z06 Goose. Nice of you to do the test and keep us informed. I was sold on Rejex awhile back. Great product!
Old 07-25-2006, 06:40 PM
Rob4092xx
Drifting

Received 295 Likes on 108 Posts

Will Rejex turn black trim "chaulky white" if it gets on it?
Old 07-25-2006, 08:58 PM
Z06-Goose
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Wildcat99
Thanks for the test Z06 Goose. Nice of you to do the test and keep us informed. I was sold on Rejex awhile back. Great product!
You're welcome. I started this test by chance. I wasn't planning on it, but then curiousity got the best of me, and since people have talked about durability, I've just got to try it and see it for myself. I wanted to know how long I can go without detailing my car, and still feel good it's going to be ok.
I can tell you it was tough not to detail my car when I had the urge to do it. I'm glad the test it's over, and I can now enjoy detailing it more for the rest of the Summer
Goose

The other pics...
After I wased and dry, and pics of the Vibe I also put RejeX on it

Pontiac Vibe

Last edited by Z06-Goose; 07-27-2006 at 07:11 PM.
Old 07-26-2006, 09:13 AM
agentf1
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by Rob4092xx
Will Rejex turn black trim "chaulky white" if it gets on it?
It stained the trim on my Lightning as well. I also noticed that it removed some of my painted on pinstripping on my Stingray. Although I will say that it does have decent durability.
Old 07-26-2006, 09:28 AM
ProfMoriarty
Team Owner

Originally Posted by agentf1
It stained the trim on my Lightning as well. I also noticed that it removed some of my painted on pinstripping on my Stingray. Although I will say that it does have decent durability.

I'm curious how a sealant with no polishing/abrasive qualities removed pinstriping.
Old 07-26-2006, 09:31 AM
agentf1
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '10

I'm curious how a sealant with no polishing/abrasive qualities removed pinstriping.
I am assuming it is the solvents in it. It is very high in solvents IMHO. There are plenty of cleaner waxes that contain no abrasives that will remove some paint from pinstripping also, it is called chemical abrasion.
Old 07-26-2006, 03:47 PM
Z06-Goose
Melting Slicks

I am assuming it is the solvents in it. It is very high in solvents IMHO. There are plenty of cleaner waxes that contain no abrasives that will remove some paint from pinstripping also, it is called chemical abrasion.
When it comes to RejeX I will be very cautious in listening about what YOU have to say about RejeX.
You've been for a while trying to create this bad reputation on RejeX about staining trim.Then you're making assumptions about RejeX high solvents? How do you know? One of the reasons I quit trying Zaino was because my black paint on my Camaro turned gray like a slight shade of ash gray looking, after the Zaino wore out. Yet, the Zaino MSDS sheet is nowhere to be seen.
If you're going to be making baseless statements about a good product that is clearly competing with your beloved zaino, please, at least sound more credible. And if someone out there thinks that the RejeX will stain your black trim, let me know, I'll seend you a small sample of my personal use for you to see for yourself.
Goose
Old 07-26-2006, 03:49 PM
Z06-Goose
Melting Slicks

Decent durability?!
Old 07-26-2006, 03:52 PM
Z06-Goose
Melting Slicks

Just consider the source. Just do a search on this guy's posts for clues where he's coming from
Goose
Old 07-26-2006, 04:43 PM
agentf1
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by Z06-Goose
Just consider the source. Just do a search on this guy's posts for clues where he's coming from
Goose
Would you like to elaborate on that statement Goose. I don't think I was the one posting reviews before I even owned the product.
Old 07-26-2006, 04:47 PM
agentf1
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '10

When it comes to RejeX I will be very cautious in listening about what YOU have to say about RejeX.
You've been for a while trying to create this bad reputation on RejeX about staining trim.Then you're making assumptions about RejeX high solvents? How do you know? One of the reasons I quit trying Zaino was because my black paint on my Camaro turned gray like a slight shade of ash gray looking, after the Zaino wore out. Yet, the Zaino MSDS sheet is nowhere to be seen.
If you're going to be making baseless statements about a good product that is clearly competing with your beloved zaino, please, at least sound more credible. And if someone out there thinks that the RejeX will stain your black trim, let me know, I'll seend you a small sample of my personal use for you to see for yourself.
Goose
Originally Posted by Rejex MSDS
Corrosion Technologies Corporation
P. O. Box 551625
Dallas, Texas 75355-1625
(972) 271-7361 Fax: (972) 278-9721
REJEX
M.S.D.S.
M A T E R I A L S A F E T Y D A T A S H E E T
SECTION 1: PRODUCT INFORMATION
Name: REJEX
Description: Stain resisting temporary coating
Appearance & Odor: Emulsion with a mild petroleum solvent odor
Emergency Telephone: Chemtrec 800-424-9300
Effective Date: 05/15/06
Supercedes Date: 05/10/02
SECTION 2: HAZARDOUS INGREDIENTS
%Wt CAS#
Petroleum distillate: 20-30 64742-47-8
Proprietary siloxane: 1-10
SECTION 3: CHEMICAL CHARACTERISTICS
% Non-Volatiles (by weight): > 75%
Boiling Point: >212F - 4500F
Vapor Pressure (mm Hg @ 38 deg. C): >1 mm Hg.
Vapor Density: (Air = 1): >3
Solubility in Water: Dispersible emulsion
Evaporation Rate (Butyl Acetate = 1): .09
Specific gravity (water=1): .94
SECTION 4: EMERGENCY & FIRST AID PROCEDURES
Skin: Wash affected area with large amounts of soap and water.
Eyes: Flush with copious quantities of water for 15 minutes. Remove contact lenses if worn. Seek Physician if
eyes become inflamed.
Inhalation: Evacuate to fresh air. Apply CPR if required. If resuscitation is required, assessment by a Physician is
mandatory.
Ingestion: DO NOT INDUCE VOMITING. If vomiting occurs, take care to prevent aspiration. Rinse mouth with
water. Give large amounts of water. Seek aid of a physician. Note to Physician: Consult standard
literature re: Hydrocarbon Poisoning.
SECTION 5: HEALTH EFFECTS SUMMARY
Primary Route(s) of Exposure: Eyes-YES Skin-YES Inhalation-YES Ingestion-YES
Eye Contact: Direct contact may cause irritation.
Skin Contact: May be irritating to skin.
Inhalation: If over-exposure occurs – may cause dizziness, headaches, or nausea.
Ingestion: May cause irritation of mouth, throat and esophagus.
Carcinogenicity: Non-carcinogenic as listed by ACGIH, IARC MONOGRAPHS, or OSHA
SECTION 6: REACTIVITY DATA
Product Stability: Stable
Incompatibility Oxidizing Materials, Strong Acids
Hazardous Decomposition: Burning produces normal by-products of combustion including: Oxides of Carbon and Silicon
Hazardous Polymerization: Will not occur.
BULK
REJEX: M.S.D.S. Page 2
SECTION 7: FIRE & EXPLOSION HAZARDOUS INFORMATION
Flash Point: (Petroleum distillate 142 degrees F)
Flammable Limits: Unknown
Extinguishing Media: Foam or dry chemical
Fire Fighting Procedures: Low solvent/high water content does not sustain fire well – Blanket area with foam
Explosion Hazards: Do NOT cut, drill or weld the empty containers.
Fire Hazard Identification: NFPA STD. Health – 1 Flammability – 1 Reactivity – 0
SECTION 8: SAFETY PRECAUTIONS FOR SAFE HANDLING
Steps to be taken in case of a spill: Stop or reduce flow by means of a **** or barricade. Absorb small spills using dry clay or a
commercial absorbent. Collect residue into suitable container for proper disposal.
Waste disposal method: Dispose of in an approved landfill site or incinerate at a licensed waste reclaiming facility. Be sure to
follow all Local, State, & Federal Requirements.
SECTION 9: CONTROL MEASURES
Ventilation: Provide sufficient ventilation by general or mechanical means. Vapor heavier than air.
Respiratory Protection: Use approved organic mist vapor respirator in poorly ventilated areas.
Eye Protection: Use approved glasses or goggles.
Protective Gloves: Yes
Protective Clothing: Chemical protective clothing and boots if spills or splashing can occur.
Personal Hygiene: Wash face and hands with soap and water after use. Especially before eating or smoking or using
the restroom facilities. Launder soiled clothing and shoes / boots with detergent.
SECTION 10: LABEL & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION
DOT Class: Not regulated
Proper Shipping Name: Not regulated
SECTION 11: REGULATORY INFORMATION
SARA TITLE III INFORMATION:
Section 313 – Toxic Chemicals: This product does not contain any chemicals which are listed as a carcinogen and in concentrations
greater than 0.1% of the mixture pursuant to Section 313 of Sara Title III.
Section 302-Extremely Hazardous Substances: Pursuant to Section 302 of SARA TITLE III, this product does not contain an extremely hazardous
substance.
Section 311/312 Classification:
Material Information System (WHMIS):
N/A
This product is not known to contain greater than 1.0% of any chemical substance, which is
considered Extremely Hazardous.
SECTION 12: USERS RESPONSIBILITY
A bulletin such as this cannot be expected to cover all possible individual situations. As the user has the responsibility to provide a safe workplace, all
aspects of an individual operation should be examined to determine if, or where, precautions – in addition to those described herein – are required. Any
health hazard and safety information contained herein should be passed on to your customers or employees, as the case may be.
SECTION 13: DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY
The information contained herein is, to the best of our knowledge and belief, accurate. However, since the conditions of handling and use are beyond
our control, we make no guarantee of results and assume no liability for damage incurred by use of this material. All chemicals may present unknown
health hazards and should be used with caution. Although certain hazards are described herein, we cannot guarantee that these are the only hazards,
which exist. Final determination of suitability of the chemical and application of such products is the sole responsibility of the user. No representations
or warranties, either expressed or implied, of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or any other nature are made hereunder with respect to the
information contained herein or the chemical to which the information refers. It is the sole responsibility of the user to comply with all applicable Federal,
State and Local Laws and Regulations. Any questions with regards to information contained herein should be referred to: Corrosion Technologies Corp.
Nuff said...

Get notified of new replies

To Results on my durability test on RejeX

Old 07-26-2006, 05:21 PM
Z06-Goose
Melting Slicks

Nuff said...
Where's the zaino MSDS Sheet?
nuff said!

Edit: frank, please don't come over here to ruin my thread. If you want to start a thread to bash RejeX, please do so own your own thread. Before you do that, you may want to read THIS
Thx-Goose

Last edited by Z06-Goose; 07-26-2006 at 06:15 PM.
Old 07-26-2006, 05:47 PM
Z06-Goose
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Whiterock1
Never heard of RejeX until this forum. Looks like it works well, but I still haven't seen anything that beats Meguiars Gold Class--including their Nxt Gen. And for $8, it is even harder to beat. I think the key is how often do you wax. I do it every 4 weeks, or so, and polish once a year. The paint on my 2000 T/A was so great that I sold it to a Dealer at retail! And that was 4 years of Gold Class and 2 of Nxt Gen. Plus, I really like Barry Meguiar...
I keep a few Meguiar's products myself. I'm a big fan of Meguiars as well. I like their wax cleaner products, I've used their NXT, great shine, looked great on my vette, I also have #26, and their #2 polish.
I have become a fan of paint sealants, and I would use regular waxes on my dd, which I haven't driven as much this Summer. I have a couple of friends that use Meguiars exclusively, and I can't argue with the results they get, especially on their black cars
Goose
Old 07-26-2006, 08:08 PM
agentf1
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '10

Where's the zaino MSDS Sheet?
nuff said!

Thx-Goose
I keep a copy of that in my drawer right next the the recipe for KFC.

Quick Reply: Results on my durability test on RejeX