Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

My Durability Test On RejeX

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 10:30 PM
Z06-Goose
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Durability Test On RejeX

This is a repost of my original thread, as that one got polluted.
Let's try again, so hopefully this one will stay clean. If you guys have any questions about the process or about RejeX itself, please feel free to do so...

I just stopped my durability test on RejeX at 13 weeks (3+ months)
We all knew about the good shine of Rejex, but I think I may be the first one to actual document its durability at least over a 3-month period
Here's the original thread when I first applied RejeX on my Z06
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...inally+Rejexed

The facts:

The car is not garaged, or car covered
Only one single coat of RejeX was used during this test
Only plain water was used to wash the car on the weekends
Once was the car run thru an automatic touch-less car wash
Twice I used car wash soap, back in April after it snowed for a couple of days, and on the day I took these pics as I was getting ready to apply RejeX once again. I used Meguiar's GC Car Wash Soap

The car as it sat outside was exposed to bird droppings, a couple of times I got hit on the roof, and trunk lid. It got water sprinkled from my apartment complex on the front fascia few times and needless to say, it was exposed to all the weather conditions that took place in Colorado since mid-April to this date, including snow, rain and high heat temperatures. (Remember, no garage)

I've never noticed any damage to the paint, or clear coat caused by any of the elements during this period. I've never had to scrub anything off, except for bug splatters after sitting on my car for 5 days on one occassion, even then a good wet towel took care of it. I applied the RejeX as instructed, and NEVER used anything else to enhance its gloss, shine, or prolong its durability. I have many friends locally, that can vouch for any single statement I have made here.

The pics will show how the water was beading up until last Tuesday when I took the pics. Obviously after 3 months it's not going to bead as just waxed looks, however, the manufacturers claim of giving you 4-6 months durability/protection was right on cue. I feel I could've stretched the test longer, but I was dying to detail my vette.
I will later post pics of my Vette with the new coat of RejeX and how it looks wet.

To summarize, yes it's durable, and yes, it protects better than anything I've tried before. It holds its shine, durability and protection equally. Best $15 bucks I've ever spent on my car
There are many good products in the market today. Just use what best fits your needs

Also, I used RejeX on my friend's girlfriend Pontiac Vibe. It's dark blue. This one I used S100 paint cleanser to prep, and top it with RejeX; her car sits outside, and gets hit occassionally by the sprinkles a few nights a week. Besides using S100 I used 3M Perfect It to remove some minor door dings, and water spots. That's going to be a side test I'll be doing, since she doesn't care about waxing her car, so I figure it would be a much better candidate to run another test, this time focusing on the protection part of it

Old 07-26-2006, 10:30 PM
Z06-Goose
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pontiac Vibe

Quick Reply: My Durability Test On RejeX